Having problems with Gentle Dental?

Gentle Dental Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Fri8:30 AM - 1:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Gentle Dental Customer Service. Initial Gentle Dental complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Gentle Dental above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Gentle Dental. Discuss the issues you have had with Gentle Dental and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Oct 26, 2020

Gentle Dental — Unethical behavior

First, a bit of background information. I was a happy customer of Gentle Dental. My prior dentist wa...

Jan 28, 2020

Gentle Dental — billing and excessive charges

I am Elanna Hope Wilson-Guzman I have entrusted the care of my family to Gentle Dental for several years. I...

Sep 18, 2018

Gentle Dental — service, no contact -3 2 years of my dental insurance expired

I was awaiting appointment aftterrr a through mes up on a crown and awaigin deep scaling, paid them over...

Jamaica Plain
Jun 12, 2018

Gentle Dental — periodontal consultation

To make things clear, I am a retired dental hygienist. I needed a gingival graft due from my orthodontia...

Gentle Dental — painful root canal after several months. and the wrong color of a replacement crown

I had a terrible experience with the root canal I received in May 2017. The front tooth crown was destroyed...

Occidental

Gentle Dental — a filling

I'm am not happy at all I got a filling done in July and just went to a new dentist to find out I have to get...

Gentle Dental — overcharging for extractions and getting paid by credit prior to completion

Gentle Dental on Rte 1 South /Newbury Street in Saugus MA should be closed down. I am a 70 year old man...

Gentle Dental - Allentown PAdental services

Unethical... Crooks... Told me they take my insurance then bill be more that 50% more... When confronted said it's normal. Insurance company said no... Then, gentle dental said 'oh, we made a mistake'.

Crooks, crooks, crooks... And dr. Fergunson lies... What a terrible practice!!

And I found out from their staff that they put their own reviews on their website and www.myrepupation.com... more unethical behavior!!

Gentle Dental — Insurance

The following is a email(abbreviated version) sent to the Gentle Dental Offices: I must cancel all further...

Gentle DentalNever treat your customers like that

Submitted by Dr. J. My experience with Gentle Dental located at 5815 Melton Drive in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73132 was about as bad as they could come. I arrived there on June 17th at 11:00 am CST for my first appointment. Brettany Tinsley, whom I am told was only recently transferred there . . . perhaps a "pass the trash" situation from her last job . . .? . . . didn't bother to inform me in advance that I would need X-rays. If she had told me before I had come in, I could have brought them with me, as I had them, but she made no mention of that. Given that I had already had sufficient doses radiation from X-rays from dental cleanings both abroad and in the USA over the past year or so, I declined and told her that yet another dose of radiation in such a short period of time would be very unhealthy.

I only had two choices: I could either get X-rays there or get them from a previous place. Brettany did offer to do the X-rays for free, but she also knew that I didn't want more radiation, and she got very rude . . . extremely rude! She told me that I could call and get the X-rays, but she said right then and there that I would not get them for at least 2-3 days. I told her that I wanted to call them to ask for them, as the other place wasn't that far away, I asked for the phone book. Brettany Tinsley gave it to me and I found the place to call, but then she took the phone book away from me and stated that she would look for the number, losing the number I had just found in the process. I informed her that she had just lost the spot to call, and she insisted, "They'll be easy to find in the yellow section." I specifically told her that I wanted to make the phone call and that I would like the pages back. After she had difficulty finding the place I wanted to get the X-rays from, she gave them back to me to find them.

My wife called me on my cell phone number while I was looking for the number in the phone book--again. I stopped to talk with my wife for a second and to listen to our baby-to-be's heartbeat, as she was getting an ultrasound. Once again, Brettany Tinsley took the phone book from the counter and made the call herself. She rudely told the person on the phone right in front of me, "I told him [me] that I would do the X-rays for free, but he refused." She continued to talk about me and was rude, so I decided to call them myself and get the faxed over quickly. While I was looking for the number she and another office manager, Tabbitha Pollard, rudely started whispering about me right in front of me. Hello! I was right there! Did they think I would not hear or be able to read their lips?

Brettany Tinsley even mocked my mild-moderate stutter right in front of me, and another staff member smiled as she did it. HOW RUDE! After getting a person there who said she would get them faxed right over to me, I filled out the three forms you fill out as a new patient. As I was doing this, Brettany Tinsley handed me a card with her regional manager's name on it. Brettany then told me repeatedly that she would be happy to help me find another dentist if I wanted. Why? What? I just wanted to get my teeth cleaned! Is that so hard?! Why would I want to go elsewhere? My wife had already been there before Brettany Tinsley ever started working at the new location, and I had been in there, too, with my wife and we had never had any problems. We had paid hundreds of dollars for the dental work and had done nothing wrong.

At any rate, both Brettany Tinslet and Tabbitha Pollard started going behind closed doors and making calls to various Gentle Dental offices. They even closed the door so I could no longer hear them. Finally Tabbitha Pollard emerged and told me . . . as I was waiting patiently to hear back about the status of my X-Rays, that my appointment time was up and that the dentist would not be able to see me then. I told Tabbitha Pollard that I wanted to talk to the dentist, and she told me that he had already left the building for lunch. Really? I had not seen him leave! Did she think I was a ###? I guess so . . . So, I went over to where the dentist worked and called out his name, asking another worker there if the dentist was still there. Guess what?! She said, "Oh, Dr._________ (I am choosing not to include his name for personal reasons) is with another patient." Really?

I looked back at Tabbitha Pollard and said, "I thought you said he wasn't here." She retorted rudely, "He's working on his lunch break. That's what he's doing." I said, "Well, I still want to talk with him." She snapped back, "Well, you can't. We're no longer going to see you as a patient here. You need to leave." I left and tried to contact Gentle Dental's corporate office, but no one answered. Finally I called another location in Oklahoma and was able to get the phone number for a lady named Debbie. Debbie didn't care and I told her I would sue . . . and she still didn't care. She was just another corporate suit who cared nothing about the customers. I spoke with the dentist we were supposed to see . . . after spending much time looking up his name and location on the Internet, and he was kind enough.

However, even though he was with another patient at the time of this stupid and avoidable incident, he could have come out to save Gentle Dental from losing many good paying clients. I told him what I wanted - a formal letter of apology or else we would sue - and he said he would try, but he himself was only an employee of Gentle Dental. Both Tabbitha Pollard and Brettany Tinsley of Oklahoma City, I found out today, refused to apologize in any way, shape or form, and they were actually supported by the corporate office. I could say more about the dentist but don't wish to do so for personal reasons at the moment. STAY AWAY FROM GENTLE DENTAL AT ALL POSSIBLE COSTS!!! YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, AND IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!! Never . . . never treat your customers or even your worst enemy like that...No!

Gentle Dental — Crooks

I was told I had a credit on my account and I asked for a refund. They told me it would take 6 weeks to...

Gentle Dental — Unfair Billing

I have requested a detailed billing of the charges and have not received this. I have been requesting thi...

Gentle Dental — We have just experienced one of the scariest experiences in my life

We have just experienced one of the scariest experiences in my life. We made an attempt to make a first...

Gentle DentalThis is the worst dental office ever

This is the worst dental office ever, they can't even keep an appointment and do not have the courtesy to call and let a person know. They did call to confirm my appointment the day before, but when I showed up, they seemed so confused as to why I was there. The receptionist claimed that their office manager called to cancel, but that never happened. Nor did they apologize for causing me to lose work.

Gentle Dental — Gentle Dental is the worst

My wife and I had our teeth cleaned at the Gentle Dental location in Fremont, CA. The front office is a joke...

Gentle DentalStay away from them

I have read other reviews of Gentle Deltle and find that they are doing the same to my wife and I. I selected them through my retirement medical options, mostly because they were least expensive. That is important to us because we are living on a very limited income.

The first thing they did was to tell me it was necessary to go for a cleaning 3 times a year, rather than 2 normally allowed by the insurance plan. They advised both my wife and I we needed deep cleaning.

I found in other complaints, found online, this may or may not be necessary, but we can't afford to go for 2nd opinions.

We were advised that our half of a deep cleaning, based upon our insurance coverance, would be about $1200. Found a 2nd opiniou published on another complaint that this is out of line. To quote: "that the industry standard is to charge $150 - $200 per quadrant, $300 per quadrant in the most expensive of dentist offices". My half would be what is charged in the most expensive offices. That is not Gentle Dentle.

Now the abusive part. My wife just had her teeth cleaned. She was advised to have deep cleaning. She said she could not afford that. They told her not to come back. They will not clean her teeth anymore. I assume I am next, but will change dentists when my wife does.

Gentle DentalSimply awful

Okay so my friend's mom and sister went to the dentist the other day because his little sister had to get a tooth pulled. The tooth wasn't loose. It was in the way of other teeth and making her cry from pain. Now, my friend's family isn't exactly "well-off". They don't have the most money in the world.

They just have enough money for food and that's pretty much it. The parents sometimes give up their food just to ensure that their children are happy. Well anyway, the dentists wanted $21.80 to pull his sister's tooth and they didn't have the money. What did the people at Gentle Dental do? They refused to pull the tooth, leaving this little 8 year old girl in pain. The next day his little 8 year old sister stayed home from school and spent the entire day pulling out her own tooth that was NOT loose to begin with. She was forced to do what a professional dentist could have done, but refused to because they needed the money up-front. The "professionals" at Gentle Dental wouldn't help an 8 year old girl when she was in massive pain, so she resorted to DIY surgury. Does this sound "professional"?

No human should ever be denied medical care because they cant afford it.

• Sh
              Shurakaretnyi Sep 30, 2009

I am sorry, but I have to disagree with you. Asking for $22 for pulling a child's tooth is extremely cheap!!! You want to tell me that this child's parents don't have $22 to take care of this problem???? The parents are to blame, if you can't afford kids, don't have them. The dentist is absolutely blameless, he didn't go through years of schooling so that he can work on children, which is very stressful by the way, for free!!! You make zero sense, and your friend's parents should be ashamed of themselves!!!

Gentle Dental — Unethical billing practices

My husband and I were recommended, by our insurance company to use the Gentle Dental Boynton Beach office. We...

Gentle DentalFalse Information

During our visit to the doctor office they said we need to do the root canal and fillings.
            When I checked the insurance is going to pay 80% you need to pay 20%.
            I have taken decision based on the information they provided and paid 20%.
            Later they sent me the 80% bill which is 1100.

Please help me out to fight back with these kind of malpractices.

Gentle DentalNever again

After speaking with the receptionist to set up my son's inital appointment I was thrilled to have found a dentist that would be good with my apprehensive son. When I got to the office my thrill disappeared. When I walked into the Detroit office it looked more like a fly by night project. Nothing about the place appeared kid friendly. At least the had chairs. After a 2 hour wait wn the waiting room with an apprehensive 6 year old asking to go home we are finally called into the back. 20 minutes later partial x-rays are done. Not even on the back teeth where his bad teeth are. Then there is another 25 minute wait with no one coming to the room. When I told my son we were leaving one of the dental assistants asked me what the problem was. I explained to her that you do not have a nervous child wait 3 hours and hasn't even seen the dentist yet. She explained they are very busy due to alot of people losing their insurance due to the economy and closing jobs and asked me if I would like to schedule another appointment. NO WAY!!! What is the pourpose of havimg an appointment if your not seen for hours anyway? I actually ended up walking out and let every client in the waiting room know how I felt on my way out.