ComEddeposit, delayed billing and overbilling

C

ComEd demands a “deposit” from customers which they claim pay bills late.in a past experience the “deposit” amount seemed arbitrary, and was clandestinely broken up and hidden over multiple bills, and in my experience was impossible to recover by complaining to ComEd or the ICC. Currently a different deposit was charged under conditions ComEd caused.

I moved in to a home in August, 2010. I applied for electricity service early Aug, 2010. Without any mail from ComEd in over a month, on my own accord I sent in late Sep, 2010 $60 to be applied to electricity service at my specific address. The money order was either stolen and cashed by someone else, or received by ComEd and applied to a different account. I have a copy of cleared money order that shows a different possible ComEd account number.

In Dec, 2010, ComEd sent me a letter informing me a deposit of $120 is due and will be charged in upcoming bills, but left the reasons vague. If they decided to charge me a deposit because of the delay, it is ComEd’s fault. I got my first bill over 5 months after starting service. Not only did they delay billing, ComEd charged me extremely higher than my actual electricity use.in February 2011 a ridiculously high bill was due of $88 including $48 in “deposit” they apparently caused by 1) possibly making my first payment disappear 2) waiting over 5 months to bill me and damaging my credit with ComEd 3) Making the first bill falsely inflated, thus triggering a deposit, or increasing the deposit amount.

Now I will react with a comprehensive campaign to defend myself. As long as I am unjustly billed this way, I will counter attack. If there is a lawyer / attorney willing to take my case for a low cost, contact me: [protected]@yahoo.com