Comcast / Walmartnever received my rebate checks

D

I was promised 2 rebate checks for getting comcast internet and hd cable tv back in april and i never received my checks, it's been 5 months. It was only suppose to take 6 to 8 weeks. I signed up at walmart in memphis tn. Bad bussiness walmart / comcast

• Th
    Thank you for your postings Mar 09, 2011

Thank you all for your comments. I have been waiting since 12/6/2011 for my $200. gift card. Walmart doesn't know anything nor does Time Warner/ Comcast. Hopefully now I am armed with the correct information. I recd an email which stated my card had been credited with $50. ...But no directions where the card is or what you have to do to get the card. AND...where is the other $150.

• Tu
    tudy Dec 11, 2010

comcast in walmart are rip off they give false imformation they lie in give u the runaround. what can we do about them i need to know?

• Tu
    tudy Dec 11, 2010

i never receive my 150 dollars niether i signed up in september. all i got is the runaround rebate peoples told me to go to walmart in walmart told me to call them back in ask to speak to a supervisor i just gave up in remove my comcast

• Re
    rebate specialist Jul 28, 2010

i can help -- i am a rebate specialist and deal with these problems all the time if you would like me to review your rebate status please forward your confirmation number to [email protected]

channa May 11, 2010

same here...

channa May 11, 2010

i have the same problem... and was promised a 75 walmart gift card an have not been able to use it...

• Sm
    Smokinmomma Mar 16, 2010

i have the same problem i switch my phone and internet and was promised a 150 walmart gift card and have not been able to use it! i did the comcast rebate center thing and it says i would only get 25 dollars! i was also told nothing would be change but the amount of my bill! now i find out i had to get holes and new cords run into the house and that my router will not work anymore and now i have to go buy a new one (the old one cost me 100 bucks)! This is a big rip off, i have gone through every step they told me to do and still have not recieved anything other than a notice saying its still being processed! I have called comcast and they seem to have NO idea about it!! I have called the guy that stopped me in the store and he just tells me that it takes time for it to process! BULL!!! Not a happy customer either!!!

• Pi
    Pip60 Feb 17, 2010

Same here. I have called many times and still no $200 rebate. I signed up in November 2009 and still have no rebate. This was one of the reasons I switched from Verizon. Overall I think Verizon is a better company. They gave me a choice of a digital camera or a $200 gift card. I chose a camera and it was sent in less then two weeks aftr signing up. Comcast has good movies on demand and I save money on my business phone. Those two things are the only good things I can say about Comcast because they are near to the bottom in customer service as well. Do not trust everything the smooth talking sales reps tell you. Unhappy customer here in Delaware.

• Sh
    shakiru alowonle Feb 17, 2010

i am yet to see receive my rebate from card no;[protected] with the pin no;5793

• Xg
    XgriouX Dec 01, 2009

There is a process for the express payback card or rebate from WalMart. The reason why Comcast doesn't know about it is because the rebate and card is WalMart's thing, NOT COMCAST. In order to get the rebates (I have gotten one myself and the card) you have to mail your rebate forms with a copy of your entire bill (not just the first page) so if there is 4 pages to your bill, send all of them in with the rebate forms that you get from the WalMart/Comcast representative. If you get the forms/ card from a Walmart employee but not a representative of Comcast you have to then call Comcast to place an order. The order must be placed the same day the rebates are printed out. Once your service is installed you have to follow the process:

WalMart Rebates for Comcast Services:
    1) Copy of the entire 1st or 2nd months bill
    2)Mail the rebate forms along with the 1st months bill to the address on the rebate forms
    (its a PO Box in New Jersey)
    3) You have to mail this out within 120 days after install
    4) It takes 3-4 months to receive the rebate in the mail
    *If you don't qualify for the rebate you will get a post card in the mail. You qualify if you are a new residential customer to Comcast Digital cable, HD, Internet or Digital Voice.

WalMart Express Payback Card:
    1) You must have an install date and time the same day your card information is printed out.
    2) You must go through with install
    3) Call the number on the paper work [protected] or go to www.comcastrebatecenter.com to activate the card.
    4) After activating the card you have to wait 6-8 weeks to receive the funds on the card
    *If you don't qualify for the card you will get an email if you provided one. If you didn't you can go to the website or call that number again to see the card update. Promotional offer is only available to new Comcast residential customers subscribing to Comcast Digital Voice, Digital Cable, Digital Cable with HD services or Comcast Basic customers upgrading to Comcast Digital Cable or Comcast Digital Cable with HD, in Comcast serviceable areas. Must not have been a Comcast customer for the qualifying service within 120 days prior to order date, or terminated such service twice before. Service must be ordered from participating Wal-Mart locations. Limit one card per household. Activation of service must be completed within 60 days from order date. Card must be registered within 60 days from service activation date.

It might seem like alot of work, but I have gotten both the card for $200 last December for internet and cable and this year the rebates were a little less for cable and phone ($75 cable $75 internet) So I got the $150 check for cable and internet hook up. So, read the paperwork people.

• Mi
    mickie320 Nov 24, 2009

i got mine from www.comcastrebatecenter.com. it only took abot 4 weeks.

• Da
    Dale May 06, 2009

I fell for their false promises oct over the internet and the same thing. never heard of me nor did they recieve my refund form.They sure know me when the bill is due.

Dale in pa.

• My
    myjolta Apr 10, 2009

When my analog television broke in February 2009 I decided to purchase an LCD High Definition television from my local Wal-Mart (Manchester, New Hampshire). The sales rep at Wal-Mart asked if I would allow him to initiate the upgrade service request at Comcast. He told me that by allowing him to place the call to Comcast on my behalf, that I would get a $50.00 mail-in rebate check in six to eight weeks. I thought it all sounded kind of fishy to me, but I allowed him to make the call for me anyway. Before I departed the Wal-Mart with my new television the sales rep gave me copies of documents that I would need to complete and mail to Comcast after my new upgrade service began. So a few days later I sent in the documentation to receive my $50.00 rebate check and then completely forgot about it... Until today. In today's mail I got a check from Comcast in the amount of $175.00 - this is real money that I can spend anywhere. So not only did the rebate program work for me, I actually received $125.00 more than I had expected! As for those folks that never received their rebate checks, let me say that you may have actually received it and unintentionally disgarded it. I say this because I nearly threw my check into the trash because it came in the mail as what appeared to be a folded, single page advertisement! But fortunately I opened it before disgarding it. It really did look like junk mail.

• Ys
    ysalazar Feb 15, 2009

I'm going through the same problem. I called 3 weeks after getting my service installed to redeem my card and they said they couldn't because the computer said I waited over 60 days! The customer service representative told me it would take 2-3 weeks for a supervisor to fix the mistakes and another 4-6 weeks to get the money on my card. I asked to talk to a supervisor and he told me there was none. I demanded to speak to a superior and when I finally got one on the line, he said it would be 10 days to get the money on my card. Now it's 3 weeks later and I still haven't received anything.

• Un
    unhappy gal Jan 22, 2009

I have been waiting 4 months for my gift card . I have filled a complaint with the better business bural. I still receive the run around from Comcast. They play the game of pay the buck! I have been on the phone over 15 times calling the 1-866 # on the card. They say the card is active, but it is not. Now I am told by Comcast that Walmart has canceled the promotion because of fraud. When I called Walmart they said they will not deal with Comcast and this promo anymore because to many people have not recieved what Comcast promised at the time of sign up($200) payback gift card.
    I feel this was a big scam on behalf of Comcast to get new customers. And now they don't want to stick to their end of the deal. I suggest any one who has had problems with this contact the Better Business Bural and file a complaint. It is easy and you can do it online

• Da
    daniel Polikoff Nov 16, 2008

same here, I signed up for the internet and tv and was promised a $200 walmart gift card. its been 3 months and comcast says they dont know anything about it. I was also told to go to iwant.com to get my rebate. The website has been under construction since 2005. Its website creator (probable comissioned by comcast to build the site) was [email protected] . He told me he wasnt affiliated with comcast. (###) comcast never planned on following through with their promise.

• Fr
    Frank Oct 26, 2008

Same happened to me I called Comcast and they DONT know anything, left me on hold and NEVER solve my problem!!!

• Ca