Combined InsuranceBeware

S

I have been a Combined Insurance customer for many years with a wide variety of policies, as have other members of my family.

I became disabled from a Worker's Comp injury several years ago. I was diagnosed with multiple injuries, but was told by Combined Insurance my policy only covered one injury at a time.

A year into my policy, Combined started bawking at paying, despite receipt of all the required paperwork. I filed a complaint with the NYS Insurance Dept, citing bad faith insurance policies, as there was no reason for Combined Insurance to deny payment.

They subsequently paid on the claim, much later, and without the benefit of interest, but in the meantime I contacted an attorney. Come to find out I was eligible for benefits under each of my separately stated injuries. I have been attempting to get my money out of Combined for six months now. They deliberately misled me, and now to sue costs a lot of money I don't have (not to mention energy due to illness).

Combined used to be a solid company, but clearly belongs now in the category of micro insurance currently being invested by the government for failure to pay on mini-policies due to lack of funds. Beware.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices