Coles Supermarkets Australiacoles digital gift cards are rubbish.

What an absolute joke. i get my digital gift card sent to me via email. I use to print these cards off on A4 paper at home and with printed bar code, attempt to use them at Coles' check outs. Well what a lot of BS. They very rarely worked as they would not scan. I would stand at the check out with a line of customers standing behind me and wait for the staff to try and get the printed bar code to scan. The young checkout operators were so embraced and flustered trying to get these useless gift cards to scan. Even the check out supervisors had the same trouble. What would happen they have to type the 16 digit bar code number in for the gift card to work. If they get one of the numbers wrong, we attempt it again.

I was told many times to leave the gift card image on my mobile phone (as they are suppose to work better) and scan the the barcode from there.

Well, what a JOKE number 2.

I have never been able to go to a self serve or a operator control check out and have these gift cards work initially. Every time I have to call the checkout supervisor for help and often they would have to move me to another checkout and try the scanner at the new locations. It is so difficult to get the bar code to scan from the phone. I am told you "needed to hold the phone this, no that way, keep waving under the scanner and it will eventually work.

Coles, this is a DISGRACE. You are embracing your customers who are trying to use YOUR technology are your checkouts. How Coles management can allow this scanning problem to continually happen astounds me.

If a senior manager from Coles operations actually reads this complaint, you need to FIX this urgently. I have been a very loyal customer of Coles, but I am not sure for how much longer, after using this gift card rubbish. Sort it out Coles. I would not recommend using your electronic gift cards to anyone.

Yo