CitiMortgageterrible company

I purchased my first home (condo) in 2017 and lived in it for one year, and then got married and purchased another home (now, my primary home). I put the condo on the market for 3 months at that time, no offers. I took it off the market and rented it out until recently. In July, my renters moved out. I've kept up the payments (no late pays) and had it advertised for rent (very, very cheap even) in multiple places up to a couple weeks ago. Not one single call. In the meantime, I had called the mortgage company, CitiMortgage, and explained to them about the renters and that I was getting to the point that I might not be able to pay for it myself with no renters. CitiMortgage told me that they couldn't do anything because it is an investment property. I put the condo on the market first week in December, called CitiMortgage to inform them about the sale and asked for options, including hardship and/or short sale. CitiMortgage told me that they were unable to do anything or accept any applications for a short sale until the house had been on the market for over 3 months and to call the HOPE program and they would help; however, the HOPE program is only for primary homes, not investment properties. Each month I called CitiMortgage to update them on the showings, no offers, etc and ask about hardship and/or short sale and I was told the same thing everytime: wait until Feb 28, 2017 and call the HOPE program.

Yesterday, they told my real estate agent that the house was in foreclosure and we couldn't sell it. I called CitiMortgage and was told to fill out the Loan Modification/short sale form, they've decided they would accept it now, even though Feb 28 isn't for another two weeks. I asked how can CitiMortgage do a loan modification if the house is in foreclosure with an attorney? CitiMortgage stated 'That's a good question; I don't know how to answer that.'

• Jm
    jmrunyon Jul 10, 2013

I have been trying to get a modification on our citimortgage loan for 7+ months. I have sent in the SAME paperwork over and over and over always within the time requested. More than half the time if I didn't contact my so called "Homeowner support specialist" then there wasn't any contact except the same letter that citi sends out that my paperwork has been received and it should take 30 days for the underwriters to review it. I am fed up with my Homeowner Specialist who seems to only know me as a #. Even though I have spoken with him every week for 7 months at least pretend to know who you are talking to. I have worked in costumer service and only speak to people a hand full of times and can remember more about a person than just the same old spill that I get from him every week. Its like ive just talked with him for the first time everytime I call. I'm not asking for sympathy but my family has been thru so much this year. My husband and father of 3 girls was diagnosed with a brain tumor in jan of this year .and was placed on short term disability. his pay was cut to almost half of what is was. We saw where our bills were going way before we were behind on our mortgage and applied for the modification due to our new financial circumstance. But still have not heard or been given any type of timeframe as to if we are going to be given a trail period with a new adjusted payment or not we are left waiting with medical bills pilling up and I even was told by our "specialist" not to apply for any type of other debt relief until our modification was final..so everyday im left with my phone ringing off the hook for over due bills. That I could work something out if I knew what I had to work with from Citi. I see why people just wal kaway. We have been with Citi for over 10 years. Citi continues to send paperwork saying please contact us so we can help..I HAVE AND CONTINUE TO RECEIVE NOTHING BUT FEELING LIKE A # in their system thanks..

• Gj
    Gjd jackson N.J. Jan 02, 2013

I think the citimortgage underwriter dept. are a bunch of idiots .I sent them everything they requested 4 months ago loan processor called said they needed letter of explanation for closing told her i sent it she then found it in the file called and e mailed citi about closing no resspone then 0n 12-29-12 they call Oh we need a copy of your drivers license i said i sent it in Sept. she said it was blurry I blew my top that it takes 4 goddam months to tell me some bullcrap the license when sent was fine .I have been with citimortgage 15 year never late with a payment as far as i am concerned they are ###s running the asylum

James Ghi Nov 25, 2011

I was just informed by CitiBank that my mortgage is going to be serviced by a bank I have never heard of. This seemed to come out of the blue but made sense later. I had to send an insurance check for them to endorse. It was for water damage and repairs. The check was sent off but took almost a month to get the check back. First of all I have no idea why they need to sign off on a check when they do not pay the insurance. I pay it through an escrow account, but it is still my money. When I called to find out the status of the check I was told by the service representative he could not answer my question because he was not able to contact the Insurance Division. So here you have a multi-million dollar company (bail-out money?) where one Division can not communicate with another. The representative also lied to me stating he told my wife about the status of the check. it is a lie because 1) it never happened 2) it didn't happen because they would not give her any information because she is not the primary on the mortgage. So I proceeded to rip this guy a "new one", then ripped his boss a "new one". I get the check back a few days after the heated phone call, then I receive a notice they have sold my mortgage shortly after the phone call complaint. very little information was provided about the new bank. The bad part about this is just before receiving the "notice" i had to send a second reimbursement check for endorsement. Yes I was angry, mostly because no one knew what was going on and they can not communicate with each other. Maybe I will be better off. If I am not mistaken CitiBank took a bail-out. There company moto must be the best customer is no customer at all.

JAMES MURPHY Jul 06, 2011

Citi raised my payment, not rate by 50% . 875 mo to 1550 mo . no reason and only thing i could see was adj rate counld'nt go any lower. I was going on 2 months late when they foreclosed and would nt take any money from me.

• St
    steve yates Jan 08, 2011

We have our present home mortgage with citi, and have been attempting to refinance since early 11/10. We have never been jerked around this much by any refinancing on previous homes. Remember, the home is presently financed by citi, and we have been asked for every piece of paper in our possession showing income. When we finally reached our "mortgage consultant" asking what was the holdup; her response was that they, (citi), had to wait for the IRS to confirm the information that was on our 2017 and 2017 tax forms. I have never heard of such a requirement, and question the validity of the statement. Even though we received a flyer from citi promoting refinancing, we are beginning to wonder if something smells. We have been passed around to several consultants, and finally determined the consultant supposededly working with us is a temp employee. We even received a letter stating if we didn't close by the set date, we would be charged daily interest. I hope somebody from citi reads this, and checks out the refinance section. I totally agree with the previous comment. We have never missed, or been late on a payment, and have a credit rating over 800. Is this a ploy by citi to pick up an extra &450.00 initial charge?

• Tr
    TralSmith Dec 30, 2010

Try class action suit - http://cases.milberg.com/citimortgage

• Tr
    TralSmith Dec 30, 2010

• Ba
    B Apperson Sep 16, 2010

I've been with this mortgage company for years and they sent me information about lowering my interest rate. I called them and went ahead and applied for the loan. At the time, speaking with the representative he basically told me there would be no problem lowereing the rate. He also ask if I wanted to apply for a credit card with no interest, so I did and recieved a card. I then recieved a denial on my Refi loan, which costs $415. I have never been late or missed a payment, so I called and basically told them I thought this was a scam to get $415 to make for the loan they recieved from the government. It just seems strange to get denied for a lower rate but at the same time get approved for a credit card. I would not recommend this mortgage company to anyone. They didn't even try to explain themselves. Shame on them!!

• Bl
    blsx3 Jul 14, 2010

www.foreclosureciti.com

• Mi
    Mit35 Mar 05, 2010

I was told by our State Attorney General that Citi-Mortgage destroys your (Good Credit) Like they did mine so that you can't take your Loan else-where.

This worked. As they tell you in 6 Months you will QUALIFY for the NEW LOAN, NOT IF YOU QUALIFY.

Then they Don't tell you that their LOSS MITIGATION DEPARTMENT'S COMPUTERS Don't talk to the CITI-MORTGAGE Collections Department Computers. So While you Faithfully make your Loan Payments to the Loss Mitigation Dept. Citi-Mortgage is Reporting you to the 3 Credit Bureaus as NOT RECEIVING (ANY PAYMENTS) Not that your in a Loan Deference program like it should be reported.

Then in 6 Months when you EXPECT to hear from them, YOU DON'T... So You make the Call only to find your Loan has been TURNED DOWN (WHY?) DUE to your Credit, Your BAD Credit that they gave you. and Since CitiBank is BIG... All the Other Banks look at your Credit and your nice 9% Credit Cards Suddenly JUMP to 29%.

I BELIEVE THIS IS WHY ALL THEIR CEO'S ARE MAKING THE MILLIONS IN BONUS AWARDS.

Yes, City Bank Never Sleep's... They are awake 24/7 finding new ways to SCREW US!!!

THANK YOU OBAMA!!!

While they pleaded for OUR MONEY, They in turn BOUGHT ASIAN BANKS. with that 35, 000, 000, 000 we gave them. They only paid their TARP Money back so they could line thier CEO's Pockets. Now we Know who CitiBank Really cares about.

It is a FACT that the USA owes the Asian Banks a LOT of Money, Simple. JUST BUY THE BANK YOU OWE. We call that Check Kiting... Writing one Check to cover another Check.

I know WHY Citi Never Sleeps really... They must Turn in their Beds all Night long realizing that they are screwing their fellow American's. Get ready, I think we are getting ready for a WORLD BANK SOON. OBAMA has in Place yet ANOTHER 4 TRILLION DOLLARS for the Next Bailout.

GOD BLESS AMERICA... Terrorist's is not our Problem, It is THE BANK'S

rest04tonight Feb 08, 2010

My family was almost a victim of Citimortgage . I had filed ch.13 and in 4mths the company sent my mortgage into foreclosure. One day after shopping, I came home to find I was locked out, because they had placed the foreclosure locks on my home. I contacted my lawyer and my lawyer contacted their lawyer to straighten things out. Citimortgage lawyer told my lawyer that they had everything in order weeks before the locks were placed on my home. Now Citimortgage denies foreclosing on my home and said it was never in foreclosure. WHAT A WHOPPER!!! Not only they say it wasn't in foreclosure but they did not order for any locks to be placed on the home. They don't have a clue who did it. Someone ordered something or else it wouldn't had happen. They think they can just run over people and get away with oppessing them. I refused to be a victim.

• Ve
    veritas curitas veritas Jan 26, 2010

Same here in Puerto Rico, Citimortgage is worst than the Cosa Nostra.

• Ka
    Kathy.Werner Dec 28, 2009

I have the same problem that you are having. I was approved for the HAM Program 05/09 and have yet to receive my "Package" and get told every other week that it has been sent out. I have been told so many different things and I am now in the 8th month of making my payments and paying outragious interest rates as my loan still is in default because no one know what is going on in the process. I get about 3-5 calls almost daily telling me about my "DEFAULT LOAN". I called and asked to speak to a supervisor and I have yet to get that person to answer his phone or call me back. I asked someone on the phone if I need to drive there to pick up this Package. No! Can't do that either!

I have finally contacted my State Senator. I talked to them today and was told they have had no response from them as well, they will send another request for information!

What is a person to do? I want to know!

• K7KTR Nov 27, 2009

I too was Screwed Royal by Citi-Mortgage.

I am 100% recently disabled and also recently divorced.

Because the wife left I knew I would have a problem making a $398.00 mortgage payment since I only receive $790.00 on my disability. When you add that to Light's, Phones, Credit Cards, Les Schwab (tires), Sewer, and a loan on my vehicle things are so tight as it is that you sit home with nothing to do. No where to go and your only trip you absolutely have to take once a month is to the doctors to get the needed pain med's to survive on. Yes, and antidepressants too!

I was told by so many people at Citi that when the President talked about the Stimulus package that Citi was (NOT TAKING PART) in any of that Government Stimulus. I was referred outside of Citi to another Lending organization that writes loans for Citi. They referred me right back to Citi and gave me their Loss Mitigation department.

I too talked to a Jennifer, She told me that I would NOT QUALIFY for any Stimulus Help because I was current on my Mortgage Payments. But in talking to her she told me that the Loss Mitigation Department would decrease my Loan Payment from the $398.00 to $276.00 and that in (6 Months) that would show I was behind and thus qualify me for the loan.

About a month and a have later I was getting 3 phone calls a day from Citi0Mortgage Collections Demanding that I bring my account current. I told them I have been working with Loos Mitigation and they set me up on the reduced payment. CM-Collections said their Screens don't Populate with Loss Mitigation and that I needed to call to have them verify that with their office. Which I did. The Phone calls continued!

Citi-Mortgage Collections then turned me into the 3 main credit bureaus and that sparked a Credit Alert on one of my credit cards Credit Protection Offers that I have. Just after that, DELL... Who is Also a part of Citi, Closed my account. It seems their Screens Populated with Citi-Mortgage?? WTF!

Just after that, I had another Credit alert from my Credit Protection service, It was Dells Closing my account. Then to make it worse... My Credit Cards which were at 9% all shot to 25% and 29%. Raising my minimum payments from $15.00 a Month up to $50-65.00 a month. I refer you back to the top of this where I already listed the SSI Income. There was no way I could make it now. Citi Screwed Me!

I was told by a really nice gentleman at Citi that Citi was supposed to put a Block on my Credit and could report that I was in a Loan Deference Program with Citi. That Never Happened. NOT AT ALL!

Well 6 Months came and... You got it, I was turned down. Why? Bad Credit. Credit that was up near 700 score was now shot to hell. Every time I call Citi they won't transfer me or anything until they Remind me that I am Behind in my Payments. Again, As if they have no Idea STILL that I am Still working with Loss Mitigation to secure my loan. But now I am financially ruined.

I know others that have been told that they HAD TO BE BEHIND in payments before Citi's Loss Mitigation would work a Loan. and That is False! I have since called many places and it seems they all point back to my being lied to from Citi Mortgage.

If you call Citi and ask to speak to a Supervisor or someone to talk to about this, I have been Disconnected every single time. Every Single Time! What Odd's

Since I am disabled and can't work I can't even afford a lawyer for help. I can't even file bankruptcy now as I can't afford that either.

To add insult to this Injury, Both HSBC and CapitolONE I had Credit Protection on all my card's. When the Divorce came and the wifes income dropped I called to get my Credit Protection working for me. All the Credit Card Companies use OUTSIDE Insurance Companies that handle their Credit Protection cases.

I being disabled suck's, I worked my Butt off for many many years and fought a lot of pain to go until I could no longer work no more and the State agreed in less then 30 mins before the Judge, Yet that cost me $4, 500.00 for that Milking.

I wish someone knew how to protect disabled persons. I'm not at Wal-Mart ### about someone in the Handicap parking spot that should not be there. They Citi are messing with my LIFE.

Daily I just want to give it all up. No Joy left in life. I remember how Citi Pleaded that it needed $35, 000, 000, 000 dollars. What did they do? They turned around and (((BOUGHT CHINESE BANKS!.))))

BE SURE TO SPEND SPEND SPEND because all the Ad's are saying this is "BLACK FRIDAY" a Way to Program US to feel Guilty about the Economy, So we are supposed to Bail out Wall Street so that Them Firm's can CONTINUE to give Bonus... Wait, AWARDS! to their CEO'S into the 10's of the Millions of Dollars.

Now Citi want's me to make a new Payment on this TRIAL PAYMENT SYSTEM. I get my SSI Disability Check on the 3rd. They want payment on the... 1st. I can't barter with that date with them. They have destroyed my whole life and joy I had left that at least I was a man and had beautiful children and now they want to Suck the last breath of life from me. Of course that is so some Blood Sucking Realtor to Grab a mans home for Pennies on the Dollar and Sell it to the Next Sucker for a Profit. Who cares about the Family and lives you displace in your rotten scavenger practices. after all, YOU MADE MONEY!

Shame on Citi and Shame on America. One Nation under WHO?? God would not Claim You!

• Ac
    Action Needed Oct 07, 2009

Reading the complaints about Citimortgage and my own experience convinces me to move forward with a reverse mortgage on my home. It's not my preferred solution, but removes my property from any association with this company.

Like many of you, I lost my job at the end of 2017. I owe about 40% of the value of my home even in these hard times. I made a good living and chose an accelerated mortgage schedule 6 years ago resulting in large payments, but less than 15 years to pay. My bank of many years arranged the loan and Citimortgage acquired it about 3 years ago.

I am completely current on my payments and could remain so for about a year, but then all my cash would be gone and I'm 62 with little hope of employment at that age. I'm familiar with the government plans to help homeowners. As a result of those programs, I found that my mortgage was a Freddie Mac and called to inquire about options. Citimortgage's customer service person descended into a "yes it us --- no it isn't" exchange while my laptop was connected to the site that clearly showed that my loan was Freddie Mac. When I finally convinced him to look it up, his reply was "so what, we don't have to offer you anything."

The US Government circumvented our tax dollars earned now and in the future through generations of my descendants to guarantee hundreds of millions of dollars in bonuses to the CEO and others of Citimortgage like the one that I had a conversation with. I will be happy when not one penny more of my money supports this company and hope that our government or others of passionate disgust with this corporation destroy it and render sterile its very existence.

• Ri
    ripped by CitiMortgage Oct 02, 2009

I started the same thing with CitiMortgage back in April 2017. I actually thought they cared, because I too was one of those that cared about her credit. I had lost my husband of 20 years to cancer and was left raising 4 sons on my own, with two being in college. I called Citi and was told they couldn't help me because I was current on my payments and had never missed one. So I fell hook line and sinker when they told me, we could help IF we put you on a Forebearance Plan for 3 months at a 20% reduction in my monthly payment and change the due date of my loan by 25 days and take a relook in August. But by the way, don't pay attention to that park where it asks for the balloon payment at the end and your credit won't be affected. I was thrilled!! Here I am in September and have never received not one call from them...I called them every day/week up until August and to this date, have never received a call from the Loss Mitigation Dept or my counselor. BUT I sure have from collections, even on Sundays. I have gone thru every single scenario from people on this site. All I can say is CITIMORTGAGE YOU ARE CROOKS AND COULD GIVE OR CARE ABOUT ANY OF US. SEE MICHAEL MOORE'S MOVIE AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND! Who ever that person is on this site from CitiMortgage is PAID to monitor this site I guaranteed you, because WHY, if she supposedly works so many hours would you want to come home to read this and you have children and are a single parent? SHAME ON CITIMORTGAGE FOR DOING THIS TO PEOPLE! I have cried so hard that I don't know what to do. I ended up with heart palpations and ulcers. I have decided to not fight this any longer and have just stopped making payments. My sons need their only parent and I need my sanity to go on.

• St
    Stephen Brockman Jul 21, 2009

We sold a rehab house on Aug 5th of 2017. Citimorgage had bought the Mortgage. At the end of August we got a collection call demanding a mortgage payment and in September another. Citimortgage lost a Check from closeing for $122, 000.00 dollars. They signed for it and then asked our Title company for another. The title company sent another check which they refused to accept. They wanted intrest for the missing check time, the check they admitted to loseing. They then put 2 late mortgage payments on our credit. We now have the government regulatory commision involved. Today in the middle of all their stupitity and dispite our undisputable evidence we got a letter saying they just can't help us. The letter is unsigned. Dispite our plees it seems no has even looked at our situation for more then a few seconds. This $122, 000.00 check was not the only one they lost but it is the only one we can prove. Even the title company laughed when they heard this story. I'm not laughing. Stephen Brockman

• Ha
    HappilyMarried07 Jul 14, 2009

I am behind on my mortgage. I have been actively working on a loan modification since December 2017. Originally I was working with a law firm but decided to take on the task myself in order to save myself the money.

Basically, nothing happened between December and April. My file basically stood still. Then, in early April, Citi offered me a forbearance plan which actually made my payments go up about $500 per month. Obviousy if I wasn't able to afford my current payment, paying an increased payment was out of the question. I went back and forth with Citi and FINALLY was able to get in contact with a rep who applied me for the Making Home Affordable Plan. The plan was not to be implemented by Citi until the following day but after speaking with his supervisor, he was able to push my file through. I thought things were finally progressing. He took my financial information, etc over the phone. This was on April 24th, 2017. He said to call him back the follwing Monday to check on my file. He gave me his extension and said to call him directly. The following Monday I called back. The rep was unable to transfer me. She said she would assist me. She said the file was in process and she had no further information at that time.

On May 7th, I called back and was told that I should receive docs within about 2 weeks.

I called on May 28th and spoke to Walter. He said that the package has not yet gone out. Said to follow up in a week or so to see if the package has been sent.

On June 2nd, spoke to Damon. Package has yet to be sent out.

On June 9th, spoke to Samantha. She said package has not yet been sent out. Said not to worry, I have not yet missed any payments.

Spoke to Shannon on June 12th. Said I should receive the package within a week or two.

Spoke to Rick twice at the end of June (in my haste I did not write down the dates). He was extremely rude. Said that there is no reason for me to continue checking back. Said I just need to be patient. Said he would "escalate" my file.

On July 2nd I spoke to Taylor. She was such a doll. Said that the file shows it is still pending. Said she would once again escalate the file and also sent an email to a supervisor. Said I could call back and follow up with her in a week or so.

I called back on July 7th and spoke to Angel. He could not transfer me over to Taylor. Said that he could see the financials were taken back on April 24th. Said he had no idea why this is taking so long.

On July 10th I called and spoke to Dale. He said that the file was exported to Citi in late April and they have been waiting on approval for the mod from CITI. Said I should call Citi directly to follow up. I let him know that throughout this entire process I had still been receiving calls from Citi asking why I hadn't made my payment and what was going on. Each time they called I let them know I was working with the Making Home Affordable (Home Retention Team) on a modification. I let them know each time they called that I was actively working on a modification. No one seemed to know what was going on. The calls from Citi continued.

This morning (July 14th) I received a call from Michelle at Citi Mortgage. She went over the usual, "You are past due...blah blah blah..." and asked me when they could expect a payment and why they have not received a payment. Once again I let her know I was working with their Home Retention Team on a modification. She said she would check with them to see if there is any new information. After holding for about 5 minutes she came back on the line and let me know there were no new notes. I asked her if there was any way she could contact a supervisor or escalate my file again. She said she wouldn't even know who to contact and that I should just call back in a week or so and see if there is any new information. If not then I should request to speak with a supervisor. I asked her if there was a supervisor availible now that I could talk to. She put me on hold for about 15 minutes and then let me know that the supervisor would not take my call. She apologized and said the supervisors should not decline to take any customer calls. She said she would try to reach another supervisor. I held for another 5 minutes. Then a supervisor named Allison got on the line and then diconnected...

I am at a loss...this entire process has been horrible...I guess I will be calling Citi back AGAIN...WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!

• ... Jun 09, 2009

PLEASE ... IF anyone has RESOLVED this or knows what to do legally PLEASE let me know at oscar @ bigpatio com

• Li
    LindaRA Jun 03, 2009

How can they get away with such apalling customer service, our assets and money keep them open...as one of their wonderful reps said, "we deal with non-paying customers first, if your not 60-90 days past due we just do not have time for you"...We have made the mistake of keeping our mortgage current, how dare us to expect decent customer service.!!!

• Ni
    ninjanine May 28, 2009

It is very ironic that the CEO of Citimortgage was on TV a few months back explaining how his company was being proactive in assisting their customers. He went on and on about reducing monthly payments to $500 for affected customers, especially in California, Florida, and Nevada. This is a blatant lie, they are NOT doing anything of the kind.

And, yes, Citibank was one of the banks that received billions from the federal government.

It is also a travesty of something (whether it be justice or fairness, or something else) that the media keeps telling peusople to contact our creditors if you are laid off to discuss your situation. They offer NO assistance whatsover. On the contrary, you are treated like a common criminal.

• Mr
    Mr. Graham May 26, 2009

Spent 2 hours on the phone trying make an arrangement for payment of interest only.
    FIRST representative said I could make the payment of principal and interest and not escrow IF I made it immediately and with a $25 dollar fee.

SECOND representative Could not understand a word they said.

FINALLY got hold of collections and was told that the information that I had received about a short payment was not correct and that they had no provisions for paying in this manner.

I decided to send the payment late, big mistake, they have been calling daily about it and at one time suggested we send a POST dated check so that it wold show that we payed on time. I'm sorry but I don't think that is legal and not very professional on their part to even suggest it.

Didn't the federal government just give them billions of dollars and look at the way that they choose to treat people

renee May 13, 2009

This has been the WORSE experiance ever! I would encourage anyone to NOT use citi mortgage. The lack of communication is horrible. We started our loan process in November. Our records got lost, no one called us. We were approved, no one would help us. We ended up canceling the loan. We went to another lending company started the process and are going to close in a couple of weeks. With the new company it will have taken a total of 3 weeks, instead of the 4 months with citi mortgage. I dont know how they stay in business with the way the treat customers.

• Bl
    blackjac24 May 05, 2009

We are being forclosed on as of May 6th after sending in all the correct paper work for a short sale numerous times they don't call us and let us know that when we faxed in the information on March 25th that who ever in their department put it in our file, put it in wrong and they couldn't open it, so they just through it aside instead of calling and telling us that there was a problem. Ilearn of it 2 days before the sheriffs sale and they already sent in their bid for the house on April 29th. I can't believe they continue to get money and pay their executives bonuses but theydon't have to do anything to help their customers. the goverment should cut them off. What happened to Obama saying all companies that got money have to try and work things out with their customers does it not include Citimortgage.

• Fr
    frustratedinct Apr 10, 2009

We are in loss mitigation now after filing for hardship assistance and were given a number to call someone named "Mike" - we are calling every day leaving message after message and NO ONE EVER returns our calls! We haven't gotten any statements nor can we make a payment online. This is very frustrating and we have decided to contact a lawyer. Citi Mortgage is absolutely the worst and we will fight tooth and nail to keep our home.

• Ro
    robert Apr 01, 2009

i starteda loan modification with citimortgage -my investor though was freddie mac-citi would do nothing for me and i have documented everything over 100 pages of faxes, certified letters, names of everyone i spoke to-i have called every day since 1/17/2017 when i started this process .we have submitted tax returns, expense sheets you name it-we have contacted our senator, represenative, attorney general complaints, federal trade commission complaints/they have nort worked with us -we have made bothe freddie and citimortgage look so bad they are giving us ahard time on the smallest of hurdles .they do not want to do it -and we qualify -they are content to wipe these bad loans off the books through foreclosure and take tarp money to lend to better customers-we are current-to hell with this obama plan, its smoke and mirrors, these entities are dragging their feet, we are current but tetoring-my advice to everyone complain, complain, complain, document everything and push these ###.take names -it is time consuming but when you get in fronyt of that foreclosure judge show him your efforts and then walk away form the home-your family is the most important thing .nothing is worse aggravation

• Fr
    fraustrated Mar 22, 2009

I AM IN LOSS MITIAGATION WITH CITIMORTAGE RIGHT NOW, MYSELF AND MY CO- OWNER HAVE BEEN CALLING CITIMORTAGE REPRESENTIVE IN THE LOST MITIGATION DEPT. BY THE NAME OF ELLYN

BEATTY MOCK NOW FOR 6 WEEKS, WE CALL AT LEAST 8 TIMES A DAY EVERY DAY AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED A RETURN CALL AS OF YET. SO I DECIDED TO GO TH HUD TO TRY AND RESOLVE THIS MATTER.

CITIGROUP IS THE WORST! I WILL BE BE SUING CITIGROUP!

• Bo
    Bob & Jud Mar 13, 2009

I had called to make a change to our home owners ins and was told I was not able to make any change that I was not on the account I told my husband and he called citimortgage and told them to put my name on this account so that I could make any changes that we saw fit and we were told they would send a paper for him to sign to update our information and never received anything and when we call we better have at least a hour or two to be on the phone and we have two homes and the one is with another company and we never had an trouble with them if anything were to happen to my husband then what I could to nothing with this account ? This is crazzy! We need this fixed and citimortgage doze not care.

• Na
    nancy Mar 05, 2009

My husband got laid off and we are having trouble our mortgage payment and have called for 3 months and have gotten no help so far. Everytime we call we get india which they can barely speak english and have no clue how to help us. We are hardworking americans and are trying to keep our house but are getting nowhere with citimortgage! You see people that don;t care and are just walking away from their homes and here we just trying to do our best and the right thing and are getting nowhere. You keep hearing how the government is giving citimortgage all kinds of money for bailout and how they are suppose to be helping the working class - this is a joke and where is all the money going - my guess is to the people that don;t need it and are getting richer off of us tax payers. Basically who cares about the working class people!!! This has been so stressful for my husband and myself that it is starting to affect our health!!! Once again who out there basically cares. Why even bother to do the right thing because we are getting nowhere. What happened to caring about the american people!!! Who are these people from india and why are they answering american phone calls for help!!! Why would they care about us!!! Somebody out there better start sticking up for the american people before we are all destroyed.

John Feb 11, 2009

My wife and I refinanced last fall on our home we have been living in for a few years. I have been a homeowner for over 20 years, and have had a mortgage with many lending institutions. With my wife out of work, and our budget tight, we needed to refinance to pay off some bills that had higher interest. We consolidated other loans into the mortgage. Our loan was sold to a financial institution called CitiMortgage.

We both have had loans over the years, and have been very good to our commitment. Realizing that within our budget, a large lump sum on one of our two paydays conflicted with payments to the utilities, gas and food expenses, so we decided to get on the Bi-monthly payment plan.

Setting up this payment plan was a challenge because everyone we talked to on the toll free number was from a call center somewhere outside the U.S. Needless to say a language barrier took place on every call. We finally got set up, and our payments scheduled. The bank however kept sending a bill. One of the monthly bills was a payment that we needed to make, on top of our bi-weekly plan.

Soon We got a letter every month stating we were a month behind. Finally a letter in January of 2017 said we were in default and being one month behind, that the credit bureaus have been notified of a late payment for the last several months, and an inspector would be sent out every month to check on the condition of the house at our expense. Our issue was that every monthly bill received, we would call the toll free number to confirm. The person on the other end of the line, could not understand what our concern was, and acted as if they were reading responses out of a manual, twice this weekend to someone in India, and today to someone in the Philippines. And on every call, they needed my full SSN to verify the account number! I did get a chance to talk with a real US citizen over the weekend, working at home with a cold, and that person only needed verification of the last four of my SSN.

Bottom line here is our major financial institutions are looking for an easy $ at the expense of the very customer they serve and beyond. Those included of losses in US jobs in exchange for overseas jobs that pay less. So where did this savings go? Maybe into the Ceo's pocketbook, possibly. But big banks and lending institutions invested into oil futures, driving up the cost on the commodities exchange. (60 minutes 1/11/2017). According to the program, there was no increase of the asking price for OPEC oil, nor where there any significant changes in the supply and demand over the years. When the price of oil went back down to normal, their investments went sour, now these banks are asking for bailout money, and laying off more workers.

• Mi
    Mike Jan 27, 2009

I have had a mortgage with Citi for 8 years. After seeing news stories on how mortgage rates have been dropping, I called to inquire about refinancing my loan; I have excellent credit, always pay on time and in fact pay extra every month to pay down the principal, and I have a relatively small mortgage, perhaps 25% of my homes' value.

After suffering through seeming endless recorded BS, entering all my account information TWICE, and being redirected to "mortgage specialists", and hearing pre-recorded information that indicated Citi's rates were a full point HIGHER than the national averages quoted on the news, I finally got a live person, who asked me: do I have any accounts with Smith Barney or Citibank?

I said no ... just my mortgage (and some credit cards).

She said that due to the "high volume of business" CitiMortgage is currently experiencing, they just don't have the time to assist me ... but they could refer me to others who could.

LIKE I NEED THEM TO PARSE ME OUT TO SOMEONE ELSE?????? PUH-LEASE!

Screw you, Citi. No wonder you are going down the toilet. The first customer service rep I got was on the asian subcontinent, and the second might as well have been from Mars. I will take my business elsewhere, as most likely will anyone like myself who is NOT in financial distress and so has a choice as to with whom they will do business. Citi will be left with the financially distressed as customers, and will sink further down the toilet until they are taken over ... which probably will happen within the next six months. Good riddance.

J A HOLLAND Jan 09, 2009

In Sept.2017 the heat and air system went out and needed replacing and with winter coming there was no choice. The company that carried the insurance on the unit was a total failure so we asked for assistance from Citimortgage. We did all of the paper work, faxed it and began to call after a week or so to see what was happening. NOTHING!!! Collections has hounded us as much as 8 times in one day as early as 7:48 AM until 8:41 PM. We have been assigned a councelor, one Eric Barnes, but we still haven't heard from him. Our account was not supposed to be turned over to the credit bureau as deliquent but it has been, the company that installed the heat and air system pulled our compressor because in December a creep named John called from Citimortgage and made horrible threats and called us terrible things for not making our payment so we made it. We could not afford to make the payment on the house and the heat unit so the compressor was removed until such time we could pay for it. Because the house got so cold we had water pipes break and the basement flooded and I lost one of my cats because she couldn't handle the cold. I personally have spent almost a month in bed because the cold gave me pneumonia and the Arthritis in my spine has acted up so bad that I can only walk from the bed to the bathroom and then I can't pull the toilet paper off of the roll as my hands are swolen to badly to close my fingers enough to pull off a piece. Still no call from Eric Barnes but dozens of them from collections and a credit score that will never allow us to buy another house, car or anything. To top it off our daughter needs another student loan so she can go for another semester of college. FAT CHANCE OF THAT. She's 18 and will have her Associates after this semester, she's an honor student with a major in Psychology and a minor in criminal justice. She wants to work with the FBI. Citimortgage is just a dream of a mortgage company. We've gotten a dozen lies and promises from everyone we have talked to at Citimortgage but the records have nothing in writing and there is no help coming from Citimortgage, only lies and grief.

• Mc
    MC1 Dec 29, 2008

Bi-weekly payment programs, are not handled by the mortgage companies them self, it's handle by a third party. You pay a third party to take the $$$ out of your account every 2 weeks. You make 13 payments in a year, not 12. This reduces your principle balance of the mortgage faster.
    Your issue would be with that third party. And yes, the mortgage company itself has no idea who that third party is.

RevGood Dec 22, 2008

I am having the same problems with Jennifer Motter and Citimortgage. The story so far: moved to a new city and new job. House on the market just before housing crash. Kept making payments on mortgage and utilities for 18 months after move. Tried a short sale ($52, 000 offered, $61, 000 owed). They wouldn't accept because the market value of the house dropped from $80, 000 to $35, 000 with housing crash. Quit making payments July of 2017, going route of a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure. No communication. Mysterious "paperwork" from their attorney supposedly being sent to me (going on 2 months - man the mail is slow).

I have washed my hands of it. My finances are a wreck. We went thousands into debt maintaining to sets of living housing costs. Credit is destroyed. I have a place to live. I dont' care anymore

• Ur
    URAMORON Dec 16, 2008

If you cared to read your Mortgage, you would notice in a section called "Application of Payments" that a payment of principal and interest cannot be applied unless it's a full payment. Any bi-weekly style program simply slaps two half payment together and sends it out to your mortgage company, whether it be CitiMortgage or otherwise. The benefit, if you could call it that, is you don't have to think about your payment, and since the 13th and 26th payment of every year goes to principal only, it does pay off your loan sooner. However, if you were less lazy and did the same process, by putting half of your mortgage payment into a high-yield savings, then when the other half gets there, send the full payment to your mortgage company, not only would you not incur service and enrollment fees, you could be making money while the first half of your payment waits for the second half. Simple, no?

• Ba
    bajaskier Oct 02, 2008

You need to file a complaint with the FTC (Federal Trade Commission)

• Do
    Donna Oct 02, 2008

Where do you start with this place? Two years ago I took out a
    fixed rate mort. with a local company they sold it to citimort.
    and my headaches began I have been through trying to understand the employees. Loss litigations you name it all to no avail they do not write anything in their computer when they tell you something. My mort. payment went from 710.00 a mo. to 850.00 with no explaination we finally are so fed up we put the house on the market now they tell me they will defer payments until the sale except the girl that told me that never wrote it down and I did get one wonderful girl Nicole who appeared to want to help she found the first girl but she is in Costa Rico my house is in TN gee don't get that! but she said "I'll call you as soon as I reach her and settle this" well it's 3 weeks now so I call today to speak to cust. service my payment is behind so I can't talk to anyone but collections they will not transfer or help you with another number the girl I spoke to would only tell me her name was Heather she got VERY rude and hung up on me well I'm about to loose my house and she hung up on me! This company is by far the worst I have ever seen. I can't get another mortgage because they didn't defer they marked me late and now my credit is bad. So I guess real soon we will be living in my car. and Citimortgage will have my house.

• Ka
    Kat Sep 10, 2008

I had two homes mortgaged through this dreadfully inept lender. They continually misapplied mortgage payments, collected double payments, failed to release insurance payments, "lost" payments and privacy protected information, refused to acknowledge receipt of bank statements, cancelled checks, etc. and finally foreclosed on my second home without sending me any notification when they had proof of payments in their possession 17 times!

They actually foreclosed when ALL payments were current and have not to this date, despite the intercession of an attorney, given me a statement of all charges incurred by this unlawful foreclosure.

CitiMortgage needs to be investigated for their customer service practices. If you have any doubt as to their incompetency or downright fraudulent practices, you need only type in "Citimortgage Complaints" and will get thousands of hits with problems echoing my own.

• Valerie Aug 26, 2008

CitiMortgage is very slyly skimming interest from it's customers by signing them up for bi-weekly payments. They draft your account every other week, but they only post it to your mortgage monthly. That means you are paying interest on money in their account! They do make the yearly extra payment toward your principle (26 bi-weekly payments equals 13 'monthly' payments per year). That does help in paying off the loan sooner. But, if posted as received, and required by law, you would save many thousands of more dollars in interest. Most people don't know they are being ripped off.

CitiMortage Biweekly Advantage works toward their advantage. Can you imagine how many millions of consumer dollars they keep on account by delaying the payments? I feel real stupid for letting them trick me. I double checked my accounts after 3 months of the Advantage and discovered their game.

• Valerie Jul 10, 2008

Citimortgage auctioned my house on July 2nd while I was still in Loss Mitigation with a Jennifer Motter and Jennifer Charterston. Both gave me incorrect information and both will not return my calls causing me to lose my house.

I call everyday and leave a message. I do not even know when I have to be out, No one will speak with me. Its voice mail after voice mail.

This company has put me through *** and I wish I had the money to after them.

My original mortgage company sold my mortgage to CitiMortgage and it's been *** ever since. They even LOST a check once, applied money to wrong account and takes 7 mos. to review your paperwork needed for help or just information. I would never recommend this company to anyone. Never.