Chrysler Pacificasub frame rust

D

Went to get my 2004 Chrysler Pacifica inspected and was told it was "Unsafe to Drive" due to the front sub-frame being completly rusted through.
Have been told by Chrysler and Military Exchange New Car Sales that they won't cover repairs under the warranty since the car is almost 6 years old.
The inspector said he hasn't ever seen anything like it even on cars 30 years old! Already filed my complaint with NHTSA, everyone check your Chrysler Pacifica and do the same if you've got the problem.

Jakoon Aug 25, 2016

Chrysler refuses to correct the in-service date (warranty start date) for my 2007 PT Cruiser. This vehicle was first titled in Feb 2008, with an odometer reading of 15 miles. This should be the start of the warranty period. Instead, Chrysler has a date 5 months earlier (Oct 2007) with an odometer reading of 123!!! miles. Can't have more miles at an earlier date-- but Chrysler customer service will not recognize the logical fallacy here. I am the second owner, but Chrysler will not correct their database without my producing the original sales document (why would I have that??) -- so they say my car is out of warranty when it is not, and will not pay for the repairs I recently required. They have created a catch-22 -- only their database is correct and I can only disprove it with documents it is impossible for me to possess! I've tried going up the chain of command within customer service, but everyone just repeats the same nonsense.

Chilly Aug 25, 2016

Paid off my truck with an insurance claim. I only owed $1200 and the over payment was in the amount of $5800... They cashed the check 11/10/10 and I was to have the over payment and title back in 21 days... Its now 12/30/10 and Chrysler still has my $5800 and are unable to tell me when they will send it to me. I have been told 4 times someone will return my numerous phone calls. I have been told the check is in the mail 3 times and now they simply say they don't know when I will get my $5800 back. I have brought 3 vehicles from Chrysler over the years and I will NEVER USE THEM AGAIN! Companies like this need to go away and our government needs to let them SINK!

• Re
    rexwilliams Aug 25, 2016

I have 30 pages of repairs--bought this new--Chrysler would even laugh when we came in saying "oh not you again". 5 documented complaints of engine noise--always blown off. Was even given a free extended warranty to 70000 mi b/c of all the problems. Opened two client cases with them. Three sets of brakes, new engine, oil pump work, tire problems, and power steering sensors and pump replaced, transmission work, radio work, door tracks replaced twice on both sides, interior and exterior parts falling off and on and on. So last week at 72000, the engine blew a rod. We had free oil changes with the dealership and had them regularly--but they refuse to help!! Last Phil Long closed-- they lost some of the repair records. Even the mechanic (whom works for GO Chrysler) said he could not believe they wouldn't help me--he was a very nice man but said it was out of his control!! Oh but they can offer me a new engine for 6700.00. UGHHHHHHHHH I will never buy Chrysler again,

jennw

• Ab
    Abrock1 Aug 22, 2016

I have a 2006 pacifica and dealing with the subframe and engine cradle rust... Basically will cost more than what the car is worth to fix.. I am driving a death trap... Chrysler will not fix it, but yet they will fix the same issues on certain ones years 2004-05.. BS!!!

• Ta
    Tariet Apr 21, 2016

I am also in the same sinking boat. Bought my car used and when a week later went for my state inspection (at the dealership I bought it from!) I was informed that the car was unsafe to drive due to the engine cradle rot. The repairs are more than the car is worth! The car was purchased with less than 88K miles! I now get to pay 5 years of car payments on a death trap! Chrysler needs to step up and take some responsibility. Unfortunately the class action lawsuit that was file has recently been dismissed. What does it take, and how many people have to be hurt before this gets addressed. I will NEVER buy a Chrysler car again and will make sure everyone I know hears about this. Please, if you haven't filed a complaint at NHTSA, DO SO!

• He
    Heather Ohio Mar 30, 2016

My 2006 Chrysler Pacifica has the same issue cradle rust. The vehicle was purchased in Nov. 2014 and only has 75, 000 miles on it. How in the world does a vehicle with only 75, 000 miles on it have a cradle that is completely rusted out. It was deemed unsafe to drive by the service department where we were having a popping sound checked. This is literally the only part on the vehicle that is rusted. I contacted Chrysler and explained that at any moment this cradle is going to fall off and cause a catastrophic accident. Their only response by the agent Brittney was I'm sorry there is nothing that can be done your vehicle is not within the 2004 or 2005. So is it going to take someone getting into an accident being seriously injured, death, or someone else becoming injured or killed because of this issue?!?!?! I will never ever buy another Chrysler again. This is absolutely ridiculous that they will not do anything. Oh wait yes they will take your information and register the complaint so that if they decide to extend the warranty to other vehicles we can be reimbursed. This was their exact words. They need to take responsibility and recall the vehicles fix them make them safe. Even if we have the mechanics fix this and pay the money how can I trust that the vehicle will ever be safe again.

• Do
    Doug Johnston Sep 06, 2015

Same situation here. Have car in for a water pump and got a call about the K-frame. Said is was rusted out. Have not looked at it yet but certainly found hundreds of complaints on the net. Never been a Chrysler / Mopar fan, ( cept the '70s mussel ), this is first AND LAST I will own. Blatant denial of responsibility. I will let everyone, I strike up a conversation with, know about their Dodge-ing of this issue. YEA pun INTENDED. I have not seen ANY help from Chrysler on the complaint threads.

• Wo
    wontbuyamerican Aug 07, 2015

Took our 2004 Pacifica in today for an alignment to fix the shaking when the car is driven on the highway and was told that an alignment would be a waste of money due to the rusted out frame under the car. Hadn't heard a single word about this issue until today.
    We've had this car since 2005, bought with 12, 000 miles on it and now it has 85, 000. Still not bad for a car that is 11 years old and the body and interior are in very good shape.
    Now what to do?!!! Thank you Firestone for being honest and not charging us for your time. (Can I mention that the car has been in for repairs about a year ago for another issue to a CHRYSLER DEALERSHIP and not a word was spoken about this!!!)

• Rb
    rbradleyrealtor Jun 13, 2015

2005 Pacifica, engine about to fall out

Comments

• Ms
    Msap May 27, 2015

If anyone is looking for subframes contact me via mywebsite www.mossouthernautoparts.com

• Ka
    Kandt May 26, 2015

bought car in for routine oil change and told car is unsafe rust on k frame assembly which would need to be replaced! not sure what to do!! 2004 chrysler pacifica

• Mi
    MIke Maz May 19, 2015

2006 the car looks and rides fantastic... That's it ! A piece of-----. Replaced tranny, catalytic converter, fuel pumps, alternator. Total little over 5500. Take in for oil change now engine cradle rust issue/ sub frame. Oh yeah ABS also. Mechanic quote 2200. That is 7700 on top of what I paid for the ---------- car. Can't afford a new car just bought one this is paid off and wanted a couple of yrs .out of this car with no payments. I have 4 complaints in to Chrysler with claim numbers, nothing they are willing to to do. Now a new one .

I agree go to the att. gen. in your state CLASS ACTION SUIT how to start one, I guess look on line

• Vs
    vsrivas1 May 06, 2015

I have 2008 Chrysler Pacifica with the same engine cradle rust issue. Chrysler dealer said vehicle is unsafe to drive. All Chrysler Pacifica owner with the engine cradle rust problem, please file a complaint at NHTSA web site https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/index.xhtml, file an online complain at your state Attorney General office, Contact your local TV channel to involve, Tweet to Chrysler. This is the only way Chrysler is going to pay attention to this issue.

• Hl
    HLindula Mar 24, 2015

2006 Pacifica. Same issue, a lot of rust. Called Chrysler, it only covers the 2004 and 2005. The 2006 is not covered. My car has 120, 000 on it. The engine is going to fall out.

martin lahaie Mar 16, 2015

j'ai acheté un chrysler pacifica 2005 touring sans l'avoir fait inspecter et par après mon garagiste a constaté que mon subframe était pourri et que le véhicule n'est plus sécuritaire à conduire. J'ai appelé chez mon concessionnaire et il n'y a aucun rappel sur mon véhicule !

• Ra
    ramidei Feb 14, 2015

I have the same problem that everyone is talking about. 2005 Chrysler Pacifica that is just outside the range that Chrysler is willing to fix by a couple months. Not sure what to do with the car now. Chrysler quoted me just over $3000 yesterday to replace the sub frame and said I shouldn't drive the car. Any advice would be helpful. I'm thankful that the class action lawsuit was filed, hopefully we'll see some results with that.

• Ka
    karrene Feb 09, 2015

I just had Pacifica just had my 2004 Pacifica in for an oil change. They told me I need to get rid of the car as soon as soon as Possible
    because it was unsafe. I am recently divorced with three children I was a stay at home mother. I am not currently emloyed. I desperately need my car . I don't believe how terrible this looks plus the safety of my children is in jeopardy now. Please howI don't believe how terrible this looks plus the safety of my children is in jeopardy now. Please Help us!!! Sincerely, Karrene O'Dowd

• Sn
    Snowbelt Pac Feb 03, 2015

Class action suit was file in January 2015 for the premature engine cradle rust / failure... lets see what happens now!

• Er
    Eric J. Cross Nov 14, 2014

I am the current, not original owner of a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica, and in a word it is a piece of crap! This car has cost me thousands of dollars since we purchased it in 2011 with about 75K miles on it. Immediately after purchasing the vehicle we noticed some sort of lurching or loping in the vehicle and took it to several mechanics who could not identify the problem. We were told that it was a throttle positioning sensor but that was not the case. About seven months after purchasing (three days before Christmas if memory serves me correctly) this junk heap had a timing belt snap on it with less than 90K miles on it! The damage ruined Christmas and destroyed our family finances for over a year. When this car was returned I noticed a strange pull in it and it developed an oil leak. In 2012 we went to smog it and found that the Catalytic Converter had gone out in the vehicle. To order the unit from the dealer, because I was told that there were NO CALIFORNIA RATED converters available ANY WHERE, would cost me over $1300 which I refused to pay and had the vehicle impounded for my actions. I finally was able to find a cheaper after market unit in 2014 for just under $500. This scrap heap now is not wanting to pull and it appears it needs motor mounts that will cost me over $200 just to purchase and then take a weekend installing if I do the job myself. I have more than a year and a half to left to pay on this pitiful excuse of a car and I would like some compensation for my families troubles with it. I have a nearly 24 year old Toyota 4Runner that I paid less than $400 bucks for 4 years ago that gives me less grief than this thing has. CHRYSLER YOU OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES for producing such a low quality vehicle! I have read the many postings on this cite and many others that explain all of the problems that people are experiencing with this vehicle yet you choose to sit there stoically claiming innocence in the production of such a low grade product! Several years ago you stood be for the people of this nation begging us assist you and bail you out of the financial mess you had gotten yourself into an now you refuse to repay that assistance, UNBELIEVABLE! Many of us have were struggling to pay for the car when we thought we had purchased a decent vehicle, these burdensome repair costs are dragging many of us under! If there is ever a class action law suit please contact me at [email protected]

• Cs
    css0813 Oct 27, 2014

I just found out in March that I have the same problem with my subfaframe being rusted in 6 places! The dealership said $2000 to fix and no help from chrysler because I'm out of the warranty range! This is frustrating I will never buy another Chrysler again!

• Fr
    Frustrated_by_rust Oct 03, 2014

Just failed state inspection... same problem as everyone else. 2005 with 125k, rusted subframe. Only family car that fits our family of 5 and in a real tough spot now. Not sure what to do...

• Mb
    MBLR Sep 24, 2014

Badly rotted subframe here too on my 2004 Pacifica, 128K, single owner. I was just in today to get my brakes checked and new tires put on. But the mechanic alerted me to this more serious problem. Shipped me off to the autobody shop for an estimate. I called Chrysler dealership. This car is not within the extended period so they can't help me. I was going to buy another in a few years and was seriously considering the Town & Country bc I like my Pacifica and just needed more room. But NEVER will I buy a Chrysler again. They KNOW about the problem and they are not helping. Bc it would be too costly. But bad PR hurts too. Other car companies stand behind their cars. I've been reading these comments and hear about other companies repairing, giving out loaners, no problem. WTH?!

Christopher Bechtel Sep 19, 2014

Same here, 2006, bought less than a year ago used from a chrysler dealer. In the shop at that dealer now, told me it wasn't covered under $2500 extended plan. Told them to contact chrysler for me. I'm waiting for their verdict..

John Derocher Sep 04, 2014

Add another to the list 2004...changed oil oil the weekend ...looked up at frame and saw massive rust ...poked it with wrench and rust just started falling to the ground...big holes on both sides. I am having steel plates welded on to both sides.

• Lo
    Lorri L Aug 26, 2014

I am the first owner of a 2006 Pacifica and regularly had it serviced, all at the same Chrysler service location. With no warning at all, I was told that the subframe was completely rusted and the car was unsafe to drive. It was also unsafe to sell it as I would likely be liable for anyone who might have an accident because of this issue.
    I drive my children and their friends regularly in this car and I am astonished that there was a recall on the car, yet it was limited to a very few of the cars.
    We should definitely pursue this as a group and notify the newspapers and the TV stations where everyone lives. There is no excuse for a company to be able to get away with this type of behavior. The Kelly Blue Book value for our car is $8, 925, and if Chrysler doesn't take care of this, we are out this money. We have taken meticulous care of this car and now it appears to be worthless.
    I am starting my letter writing campaign now.

• Je
    Jenne0521 Jul 08, 2014

I am the second owner of a 2005 Pacifica, took it for its 1st oil change after purchasing the car with just over 90, 000 miles on it and I was told to get it to a Mechanic right away that the frame was rotted out severely, meanwhile I have my 3yr old in the back. I called my mechanic and I was told that it was unsafe to drive and has been in the shop since last Monday. Chrysler needs to take responsibility and fix this problem before someone dies! I am petrified to put my child back in that car even after it's fixed!

Chysler_Stinks Jun 11, 2014

I have been going around and around with Chrysler about this so-called letter. It is true there is an extended Warranty called X26 and it is what the letter states. However, if the car was built within a certain period (which mine is out of) I think about 6 weeks (which during that time, I am sure only a few were made) you car get covered. My PAC is within the guidelines of the letter and CHY will do nothing about it. The engine is ready to fall out! I have and run salt trucks in the northern states that do not have this problem. They aren't kept in a garage like my PAC and they run 20 hours a day for 8 months straight.

Very frustrrated.. they hope we will all just go away

• Vi
    Victor Loquercio May 27, 2014

I have a 2005 Pacifica with the same problem. Chrysler claims my vin# is not part of the extended warranty.

Typical, deny there is a problem until someone is killed because of vehicle failure. This is my Family's vehicle, I do not plan

on waiting for something bad to happen before I am heard. Hopefully, someone will wake up at Chrysler and see that this

is a problem. Chrysler have some pride in the car that was voted "Car of the Year in 2005" and own up to the problem.

Former Chrysler Owner

Jan van Staden May 06, 2014

On the 16 April 2014 I was on holiday when my Jeep Wrangler gearbox failed. It was taken to Union Motors in Shelley Beach.
    Feedback was that the Jeep submerged. I visit the workshop and Shaun the workshop foreman immediately mentioned that the jeep was under water. That was even before they open up the gearbox.
    Since then they just come up with procedures to follow and Jeep head office to decide if it was negligence by the owner.
    I have bought the Jeep a month ago and never touch water. The previous owner also confirmed he never submerged the vehicle.
    The vehicle history show that it was only serviced and a wire harness that was replaced.
    These vehicles are build to 4x4. The gearbox breather point are on top of the engine with a non return valve. How can it get water in.
    The interior show no sign of water damage. They even blame the vehicle to be an in accident.
    It is just unacceptable to try and put the blame on the owner if the vehicle is build to 4x4.The warranty say that the owner is responsible to only use the vehicle what it is build for...to 4x4. In the mean time I am without a vehicle because Chrysler take their time to repair the vehicle.This is my fourth Jeep and I love the brand. Now loving Jeep brand they treat the customer like this. The feedback was that it will cost R43'000.00 to repair or a new one will be R60'000.00. If a mighty company like Chrysler not wanting to repair the car UNDER WARRANTY> Where must I get the money who owe a salary every month get that kind of money. It will just not be fair.I am fighting for survival here.

• Bo
    Bobspacifica Apr 19, 2014

My 2005 pacifica is now unsafe to drive due to rusted frame on passenger side. I purchased the car new and have taken extraordinary care with under body wash to remove crud regularly in winter - every winter since new. That location on the frame is the only material rust and it is EXTENSIVE. Obvious manufacturing defect. No car should have these issues... even 20 year old cars have intact frames!

• Do
    Doug S.. Mar 27, 2014

Same here 2006 Pacifica
    replaced tires and was told to get rid of it before it rots out completely.

this car has always been taken care of and that is the only place where there is any rust.

• Th
    Theshana Hanes Mar 21, 2014

I went to get new tires on my 2005 pacifica and was then told my biggest problem was not needing tires. The service tech. brought me into the shop area to show me how bad my subframe is rusted. Theres a line of rust going across entire part that is hollowed out on the inside. This is not an inexpensive problem to fix and my vehicle is not old enough
    to have rust damage to this extent. This is why ive never bought American made cars before.

• El
    Ellis Williams Mar 11, 2014

I have had the same issue. I was told by Chrysler that since the remedy they came up with did not involve replacing the clockspring and the air bag restraint module that I was( in effect SOL) not eligible for a refund. I paid over $500 for replacing both parts while they spent three years coming up with a solution to the problem.

• Al
    Alineg Feb 22, 2014

I received the same information after having my car inspected. I was going in for an oil change and was told that the subframe should not be looking that bad(extremely rusted and rooted out) for a car that is just a 2005. Been trying to talk to the Chrydler dealer where I bought my Pacifica, wont talk to me, keep on hold. Too bad. Was once a giant amongst car companies.

• Kh
    Khart Feb 06, 2014

Just found this problem on my 2006 Pacifica which I bought new. Now at 157, 000 miles which is past the posted 150, 000..
    I wonder if Mercedes has the same issues with there crossover vehicles which were supposed to use the same frame..
    I have a Chevy Tahoe which is 20 years old and is in better condition than the Pacifica.. This is deserving of a class action suit, obviously a design defect that potentially puts unknowing drivers at risk... I have been a Chrysler Fan for a long long long time..the dealer I bought the car from went out of business in the 2009 economic melt down.. I guess it will be worth a call and an email to Chrysler, , ,

djl6579 Feb 05, 2013

Look at all these complaints !

I wish i kept my honda . Ive never had a honda rust out on me EVER. Nothing rusted out on those and spend how long on a boat getting shipped across sea full of salt water ..lol

djl6579 Feb 05, 2013

Here is the actual link for the letter . Owner remains anonymous. The letter does not state in between which dates for certain Vin #s . This letter states any question Pacifica between 2004 and 2005. This is an actual document with Chrysler . I have called Chrysler and read off the Document ID number and the letter they have is word for word but they now have a revised document . Take notice to the number on the top right hand side of the letter. Again this is not a VIN specific letter . So in a class action suit this letter will hold up as in any 2004 or 2005 Chrysler Pacifica meeting the criteria such as the salt belt states within 10yrs 150, 000 miles is covered.

djl6579 Feb 04, 2013

I just bought a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica as well. I bought it 2 weeks ago and heard noises the day after i bought it i took it to a shop today and i have the same problem with my PAC, the subframe is completely rusted out .The vehicle was garaged kept from 23, 000 miles up till now . I am the 2nd owner since 23, 000 miles. This PAC was purchased new in Delaware from the 1st owner and has been owned in the state since .

Chrysler did submit a letter and now have a revised letter to cover up their mistakes.

Type this into google search 0004617/#45543 / x26 . This is a letter from Chrysler stating they will replace [protected] Chrysler Pacifica subframes if they are from the salt belt states upto 10yrs 150, 000 miles and here is the link stating what states are salt belt states. http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f0ec024/598 .. read section #603 of 763.

John Doooo Nov 10, 2012

Big disappointment in a car I thought was going to be solid due to the Mercedes connection. Engine mounts I was told on mine rusting...Don't get it...What quality cars are out there anymore?