Choice Home WarrantyRipoff

C Oct 07, 2020

Don't waste your money! We purchased a house and added Choice Home Warranty for what we thought was protection from the unexpected. We've recently had a few unexpected problems in the house. In July, we had A/C issues where the upstairs bedrooms were a consistent 85 degrees with very little air flow. They sent a tech out and he serviced the unit and said everything seemed fine (barely looked at anything just threw refrigerant in). Recharging the system barely didn't do anything. The best we could get the upstairs temperature was 75 degrees the remainder of the summer. We filed another claim and said we still have airflow issues and the air isn't that cold. A new technician did a whole diagnostic test on everything that took two hours and submitted data and pictures. The whole system needed repairs and Choice would only cover the evaporator coil which is dirt cheap compared to $1600 Choice wanted me to pay for my portion. If I'm going to pay for $1600 they better fix the condenser, coil, and plenum that was coming apart internally. They were trying to get away with paying only $400 for a coil and nothing else. The water heater in the house started producing 5 mins of water. The unit is over 20 years old and on their website it says it doesn't matter how old the appliance or equipment is. They denied it for sediment in the tank. The unit is 24 years old! I'm surprised it lived this long. Don't count on choice when the mechanical items in your house break down. We've lived with an upstairs that was unbearable and now are taking 5 min showers. Nice to know when your out of a job and needed the warranty they managed to get out of covering all of it.

Anne Decker Oct 21, 2020

choice home warranty is a scam my microwave broke they sent a repair man out never came back. now my oven is down for over a month nothing god help if our heat goes out.