Chess Telecomtermination charges

R

Chess Telecom took over my previous phone provider and after being with them for 4yrs I decided to group all my bills with Sky. A couple of days later I had a threatening aggressive phone call from them saying I had breached my contract as I had previously agreed a 5yr deal. This was never agreed and I would never do such a thing. I then gave them a few days to prove this contract was in place in case I needed to switch back. They never did this so sky took over my line. A few days later I had another threatening call saying they had sent an email to me with this 5yr agreement on which of course they never had done. I then cancelled my direct debit, paid what was due and then received an invoice for £250+ which I will never pay as there was no 5yr agreement in the 1st place. This company is a disgrace and who use bully boy scare tactics and they need investigating!

• Ag
    Aggreived Apr 19, 2017

Chess repeatedly overcharge me, they refused to let me leave without a £1500 termination fee, their staff threatened me, and continue to overcharge me. It takes an immense effort for this 78 year old man to get a satisfactory response, and months, if ever, to obtain a reluctant credit. Note: not a refund, just a credit. They have again overcharged me this month, what can I do? Chess, I could assume, is making a fortune from the larger firms who just pay their bill, e.g. through an accounts dept. I can only advise anyone connected by Chess telecom to regularly scrutinise their detailed account most carefully for "errors." Some times for hundreds of £'s. I only notice because I do not have the means to pay these amounts. However:
    Chess persistently over-charge me, one way or another. e.g. Detail fictitious calls (one this month on my account for 32 calls to a number and owner unknown by me) with apparently no concern for accuracy. Simply: If they can get away with it, they will. PLEASE be aware! jt.

• Mo
    moorsy Oct 20, 2017

When chess took over go4 i was phoned up and was told i would pay £19.98 plus vat a month me thinking it was for everything thats the impression i got then about 18 months down the line i got a phone call off a Mathew Betteridge very abrupt. from chess saying i have not being paying broadband and i owe £477.32 inc vat i was shocked and worried because i thought i was getting everything i had with go4 chess even sent me a new router so that alone should have said something to chess .I phoned chess and got in touch with Livenya Clemetson she told me i had to pay it as iv, e had the service we agreed chess would pay half so i paid £250.65 (which i should not have done) she told me i could have the service for £38 monthly i said i could get it cheaper anywhere else it was to costly i am cancelling my contract as from today because i was misinformed.I Am 68 on pension not in buisness fed up of ringing up and trying to sort it out plus waiting for phone calls off livenya and not phoneing me.