Chase Bankmaking customer pay for bank mistake

On 9/2/11 I had $420.82 in my account and the next day my account appear to have a negative balance of $340.52 due to a non authorized check in the amount of $711.00 trying to post. Once i noticed this negative balance I immediately called chase and after speaking with numerous of customer service reps I finally called claims department and spoke with a gentleman name Jonathan Okehenda [sp]. He noticed that my account was at a negative balance and why, so he gave me a memo credit of $711.00 back to my account and advised I take the funds out of the account immediately and he was going to freeze my account so no transactions will come OUT of the account. So after he did the memo credit of $711 that left a balance in my account of $371 and i withdrew $360.00. He advised the other charges that are pending on my account will not go through but will be credit back to my account, i said that is fine i will pay the merchants directly, and to this date i have done just that. Now the nightmare begins because chase bank calculated my credits wrong and admits they made an error and decided to just take my money from my direct deposit without notifying me or sending me anything in writing that they were going to make me pay for their mistake. I advised them when my account was frozen i was told to open a new one and the representative took all the money out of my old account and placed it in my new account which was $542.35, the rep did not notice or see my balance at the time was "$198.97" as the bank teller says. I said "that is NOT my fault and why should i have to pay for a mistake chase bank created and you just take my money without letting me know or asking me that is not ethical and they should be held liable for me not being able to cover my bills if they do not go through. I feel chase bank should refund me my money and take the loss on themeselves since they made the mistake and I did NOT withdraw any monies it was the bank tell her who did such when i opened my new account. I feel this is poor customer service and they should compensate me for my troubles. I am very dissatisfied with this bank and will be closing my account soon.