Complaints & Reviews

missing cargo

Mauricio Torres. I sent a pallet with very important tools and this company has declared my cargo as missing. These tools are for the oil industry and covered by a heavy contract compliance bond which will be collected by our client's customer if they do not arrive on time. I have called and were told they would look for my cargo and this would take 72 hours. It has been over a week and they are still saying it will take 72 hours. I have had to call because they will not call back to update the status of my cargo. I will not use this company or recommend it to any of our colleagues. I have placed a complaint with the BBB and hope others will not have to go through this ordeal. Not a good trucking company. My email in case someone wants to know is [protected]@pmglobalcargo.com

punishes paying customers

We ran into financial problems and were paying off some invoices as fast as we could. I kept in touch with them and always paid them when I said I would. Now they are calling my customers and threatening them with collection. Theres nothing like taking a good customer who is paying and give him reason not to continue. We have alrady been embarrassed. They are even trying to collect on ivoices that are already paid. It takes their bookkeeping dept. weekd to post payments but it takes them seconds to call and embarass theircustomers. That is all they are accomplishing. It isn't even as if they expect to collect from our customers, they are just trying to cause problems. They are really making themselves worse then they are making me look. I could understand if I refused to pay or if we lied about sending checks. We don't. We pay. Shame on us!

• Hu
    Hurtz33 Feb 13, 2011

This company is a joke. I brought a piece of used expensive restaurant equipment online from a reputable supplier in New York. I saw pictures of the equipment before I bought it and the supplier told me that there were minor dings in the equipment, but outside of that the equipment was in excellent shape. The seller arranged to have it shipped to my location in California and I paid extra for crating against potential shipping damage. The seller used a new shipping company that he had never used before (Central Transport) and arranged to have the equipment ship. About a week later the Central transport calls me to let me know that they would be delivering the item on a certain day within a (4)four hour window. The day before they delivered, they called to confirm the delivery and that I would be there to accept. I wanted the it delivered to a storage location, so I gave them my cell phone number, which they accepted, so that the driver could call me when he was close and I would meet him at the facility. They indicated that this was fine and said that the delivery should be between 10 am and 2pm and the driver would call when he was about an hour from delivery. Well, I waited for the call until 3pm and nobody from the company bothered to call. I tracked down a number for them and called their dispatch. The dispatcher told me that the driver was running late, but said he would meet me at my location in 1 hour (4PM) and would call if there was a problem. 4pm arrived and no call or delivery - I waited another 30 minutes at the location and still no call. I called the company back and was told that the driver had returned to the terminal and was gone for the day. WTF!...Here I was waiting around for these idiots and they couldn't bother to contact me - not even for arrangement to deliver at some later date? So, needless to say, I contact the seller and he was great and trying to find out what happen. The next day, I get a phone call from a driver for the company telling me that delivery he would be delivering my equipment between 10am-12pm. I was irritated at the last minute arrangement - like the delivery company's time was more valuable than mine. I told him to call me when he was 30 minutes out, at which time he said that he doesn't have a business cell phone and could not do that - WTF! I told him of the problem I had the first time and I wasn't about to wait around all day for him. He assured me that he would be there at 10:30. I agreed and met hi at 10:30am and he unloaded the equipment. Upon first inspection, the crate, pallets and shrink wrap appeared to be damaged or just a crappy job of crating by the shipper. But since I did not have the time to uncrate and unwrap the equipment I signed for it and left it in the storage unit. The next day I unwrapped the equipment and saw some pretty significant damage to the left side of the equipment. i also notice that there were dame to steel hoses and the pallets that the equipment sat on. I took pictures and complained to the seller, who said that he did not crate it like that and the damage was done by the shipping company (Central Transport). To both he and I, it looked like the heavy equipment had been dropped from a distance to cause the damage to both the crate pallets and equipment. The seller tried to mitigate on my behalf, but after about 4 weeks of dealing with these idiots, was told that my claim for damages was denied. Fortunately, the seller covered the damages.
    beware of this company..they are terrible and should be shut down by someone.

• Ks
    kship Apr 24, 2015

Do not use this company for delivery, even if the business where you purchase your goods, sets you up with them. They do not honor any damage claims and will hold your shipment for days on their dock. Central Transport rescheduled my delivery 4 days in a row without telling me. Each day after waiting around for them, with a paid crew, they never showed up. I would call and they would tell me they got held up and would come the next day. When my shipment did come, there were holes in each of the pallets (15) and much of the shipment was damaged. Driver of truck (very nice guy) filed a claim over the phone for me while he was still there looking at the damage. I followed up on this claim and even though I submitted each and every thing they requested, they would still come up with an excuse. Many complaints with no resolution on the Better Business Bureau. Central Transport should not be allowed to do business.

they steal from employees

This has to be the worst trucking company in the U.S. I work for them for over a year in the Richmond, Va area. They cheat their drivers out of their pay. Destroy any all freight they carry. Don't pay drivers their vacation time. No one in management knows what they are doing. When is someone going to take out a class action law suit to get the money back this company have cheated its drivers out of????!!!. They have been doing this stuff for years and getting away with it. Will some of these ex-drivers take out a law suit?????

• Wa
    Wally Williams Jul 07, 2008

I HATE CENTRAL TRANSPORT, I AM NOT A DRIVER BUT A FORMER CUSTOMER, AND THEY ARE THE WORST TRUCKING COMPANY I HAVE EVER DONE BUSINESS WITH. NOT ONLY DO THEY STEAL FROM THEIR EMPLOYEES, BUT THEY STEAL FROM THEIR CUSTOMERS! THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS PITIFUL AND SO ARE ALL OF THEIR STUPID PROMOTIONS THAT THEY NEVER GIVE TO THEIR CUSTOMERS ANYWAY!! DONT USE THEM THEY WILL CAUSE YOU AN UNNECESSARY HEADACHE AND HASSLE!!!

• Di
    Dissatisfied shipper Nov 01, 2014

I too have had a bad experience with Central Freight after they delivered an extensively damaged engine from N.J. They have refused to make good on it due to some of their enternal by laws. They have no regard to personal property and certainly have no customer service values in trying to make things better for their customers should they incure any damages or losses. I work for a large company whom I cannot say a single bad thing about due to the values they have in making sure our customers come first! I am proud of the fact the company I work for is one of those companies that makes sure they have it down right when it comes to customer service and satisfaction. This is one way they have instilled great ethical behavior in their employees so they would be a happy employee. Now this behavioral value is not one of Central Freight's and it is apparent here on this forum and it is apparent the customer service is rating at the bottom of the scale with all the evidence shown here. Central Freight is a low grade company with on values for their customer or employees. If you are planning on using a shipping company, do your homework and should you want to ship something cheap and decide to use Central Freight...you best get insurance and hopfully you wont ship anything of personal value hoping to get it to your destination safely. Last good advice!!! RECONSIDER!!!

one of the worst companies to work for

Beware if you are considering working for these people...they promise the moon and the pay...but when you ask for what was promised they let you go...are they offering to pay your cobra for the first 3 months...see what happens when you ask for the money. They treat their drivers like dogs. And their service is the worst in the industry. Now they think by bringing in class A people from Jevic that will improve their reputation. Customers know they stink. Their equipment is old. Their facilities are old. They treat their employees like they do their customers. They just don’t care. They will give you the cheapest rates out there if that’s the only thing you care about when delivering your products. But what about your customers. Do they like damaged freight then they will love Central Transport

• Ri
    RIGGZpower Nov 28, 2013

###s have my shipment from Texas, usually takes two days at most to get, it's been two weeks. All I get, is they say it will be delivered tomorrow every time I call. I really want to press charges or take them to court for hurting my business.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices