CCB/PPChard credit inquiry

Pay pal credit palced a hard credit inquiry on my credit report and i have never request credit from pay pal.

• Al
    allan spangler Feb 07, 2015

I did not apply for paypal but its on my credit report why ?

• Ba
    barejewels Mar 10, 2015

My husband received an Alert from Transunion stating that CCB/PPC, PO Box 5138 Timonium, MD 21094, phone [protected] pulled a hard pull credit report on him as well. Although PayPal is ALWAYS offering us their credit card "pay later" offer. We have NEVER applied for any of PayPals credit options, we only pay using our banks accounts. We have NEVER given PayPal permission nor have EVER requested for them to pull my or my husbands credit report. How can PayPal legally do this?

• We
    wefwef Mar 11, 2015

This is way too much. I never authorized anything but now they have HARD CREDIT INQUIRY ON MY CREDIT REPORT. This is way too shady

• Ts
    TSM1 Apr 01, 2015

They also did this to me and tried to convince me I initiated it. So illegal. I am going to report them and possibly close my paypal.

Angela Y Apr 02, 2015

PayPal should be sued. How are they authorized to check your credit when you are not applying for credit, only making purchases. Unbelievable!

• Bu
    busbey Apr 11, 2015

Got into contact with them. The credit dependent informed me to fax or mail all this information to them that they would in turn send to credit agency to have taken off my report

• Sc
    ScottJR Apr 19, 2015

I was just alerted by my Equifax monitoring that PayPal hit me with a "hard" inquiry as well!!! I applied for, and received, a credit line 6 months ago. I called PayPal and was told some fish story they "periodically check credit for credit line increases"!! I told her I never, in my 38 years of credit, had a hard inquiry on anything unless I applied for credit and see NO NEED for PayPal to just hit me like that. I closed my Pay Pal line of credit with her, told her that's illegal and the internet has volumes of similar complaints, and I will dispute and file a complaint to add on to the many other complaints I see people are registering. PayPal is corrupt anyway, lousy customer service, and they lie to you when you have a sale that went wrong when one gets stiffed from a buyer. I will sell now on Amazon.

• Ai
    Airblainer Jun 01, 2015

I had the same thing happen! How is this possible!

• Pr
    Pro 2nd Amendment Aug 28, 2015

the clowns at CCB/PCC just did HARD INQUIRY on me.. it was NOT authorized. I called their number and they sent me the info needed to have it removed. they even said there was no records of ANY activity on my closed acct more than 3yrs ago.

If you need their number, it's [protected]. give them this info... and FAX it too [protected]
    1. The date of the inquiry

2. Your full name

3. Your phone number

4. Your email address

5. Your billing address

6. The last four digits of your social security number

7. Your full date of birth

8. A brief description of the reason for the request

PayPal needs to be majorly sued over this crap, as it's damaging to ones credit..

Scott..

• Ca
    calb1 Dec 03, 2015

I also just received an alert from Lifelock and of course I did not authorize it. I have a PayPal account and have had one for years but this is the first time I've seen this. I also will contact PayPal to find out about this.

• Wi
    William Wheeler Feb 19, 2016

I just received a notice that my credit score was dropped by 5 points.
    I checked my credit report details and found that "CCB/PPC " had made a hard inquiry...
    I searched internet and found that it was PayPal that made the inquiry, and I did not request any credit from them.
    PayPal is damaging honest people's credit reports by making these unauthorized inquiries.

Ann Pietrowicz Mar 20, 2016

Same thing just happened to me. I used PayPal months ago but was notified of a hard inquiry today. Never requested anything or used since so why? Not acceptable.

saundra Ping Jan 18, 2017

Same here. Just had a hard inquiry on my credit report from pay pal. getting this issue fixed quick. my credit isn't the best and I don't need things bringing it down when I am trying to bring it up.

• Kristin56 Mar 17, 2017

Just realized via a good look at my credit report that PayPal had done the very same thing to me in 2015. Unfortunately, the damage was done and it isn't worth bothering to ask them to remove it now since it is dropping off of my credit report next month. Very shady, PayPal...

• Ge
    George Daniels Jun 24, 2017

Just received the same thing. Mine was done by Micro Soft technical service, of all people. They submitted the request to pay pal, without my knowledge or permission to process, my billing for tech help. I have never used Pay Pal, will never use them and also will be buying a MAC computer as soon as I can. No more business from me, for Micro Soft.

• Et
    Ethan Wayne Nov 29, 2017

11/17 A slander of credit action is being worked up against Paypal Inc. Please Google for the details, and how to become an action class member if you've received a "hard" credit inquiry without your authorization.