Carpet One, Floors Inc.Terrible Service

D

It took them three weeks to put together a job they said it would take DAYS to do. THey kept telling us they could have our floors installed by a VERY SPECIFIC DEADLINE we gave them, kept saying, "Oh we have that in the warehouse, it won't take more than a day to get it done"- Turns out the warehouse is in another state, and they have to ship and then acclimate before they can install the floors. They waited until THREE DAYS before the deadline to even order the floors, so given the shipping and acclimation period, of course they aren't installed by when we told them THREE WEEKS IN ADVANCE that they need to be done... I am completely disgusted with their service and would NEVER go back to a bunch of liars who just want your business and don't care about your needs once they get your money.

• Sc
    Scammed by Carpet One Aug 11, 2009

Carpet One, Southlake, Tx.
    They scammed me. I order and paid for the "upgraded" carpet. Both grades had the same color name. They installed the lesser quality carpet. When questioned by me they claimed it was an honest mistake. After investigaing I found the similar carpet (weight and fiber type for half the cost at another carpet store). They did refund me the difference plus two hundred dollars after I said that I would tell the insurance company not to recommend them. They would not come and take it out and refund my money! When I checked they were not a member of better business bureau.

• Un
    Unhappy Ale House customer Jul 29, 2009

I agree they should have told you the goods were in stock out of state, which would put your schedule at least 2-3 weeks out, but the acclimation process is a standard in the industry, and as such you should have done your homework as a consumer and known this in advance. The store may have provided bad service, but you walked into the store with unrealistic expectations to begin with.

• Pa
    Paul and Ellie Oct 27, 2008

We're a couple from New Zealand.
    Looks like the franchise over here is NO better.

Substandard service that took them a long time to complete. at the end of their so called professional service. They dumped the OLD carpet at our front porch, and we had to pay someone to clear the rubbish.

People just don't take pride in their work these days.