Caracol Creamscam charges!

G

Do not purchase this product. It can not be returned as the address they give is incorrect. It is a scam operation because once you receive your so called free trial, they automatically bill your account, and you have 60 days to return the product. But they do not have an address.

Buyer beware!

• Ti
    Tiffany Ennes May 26, 2008

I actually ordered Caracol Cream for both me and my mother, and although I did not like it, my mother absolutely loves it. I contacted their customer service phone number and they gave me the address on the spot for my return. I'm not sure how you tried to contact them, but my return process wasn't difficult at all.

Kay Anderson May 26, 2008

They have all their contact info on their site, all you have to do is contact them and get their return number. I did and it only took less than a day, did you try to contact them at all?

• Ke
    kelly Jun 11, 2008

I bought the cream week and half ago; don't see anything yet but willing to give it a full 2 weeks trail. Did anyone out there used this product and see improvement? I would love to hear from all who had used the cream whether you think it worked or not please drop me a line. I would like to trash it if it doesn't work since I donot want to wast time (time that I can try something else)...thanks

• Su
    suzanne Jul 28, 2008

hi. I have been using the caracol cream for about three weeks now, and I am just starting to see a noticable result (results). I talked to their on line questions, and I always got an answer. I am now noticing great exfoliation, by that I mean they said I would see redness when the exfoliation was happening, I am also breaking out a tiny bit, but I feel this is positive, by cleaning out the deep pores. Also, I NEVER thought anything would deeply lighten or get rid of old sun spots. Now one you can no longer even see . the other three are lightening more every day, all but one bad one is almost gone!!! A miracle for me. My face is looking more uneven now, I think because it works faster on different parts of face. just wish it would firm eye area. But I am going to keep using it because of the dramatic difference, and I am olive complected which is harder to see results as quick, I am happy.

Chrissiann Aug 31, 2008

Darling, this is a complaint board. the fact taht you come in praising caracol cream, which is fraudulant company with fradulant practices, suggests you work for these people. Why else would you come on to the 'complaint' board praising them/

ladykatie57 Sep 02, 2008

I used to love the Internet to find out which products work, which services are legit, and which ones are scams. It has now become impossible to tell, since you get two totally opposite answers to just about anything you are looking for a review on. I don't know if the scammers are the ones posting the positive reviews, or if there really are people who have tried these products and services and actually had favorable results with them. I think what the Internet needs is just ONE unbiased, trustworthy website who will test and check out these products and tell it like it is so we, the consumers, know the REAL deal about EVERYTHING we might possibly be considering buying.

• Be
    BETTY Sep 05, 2008

I got one 14 days trial and tried it less than a week. It caused my face break out and spin in my eyes and my head upon waking. I stopped using it and sure enough side effect was gone.
    I contacted to cancel and terminate it immediately. I cud not use it to side effect.
    Sure enough, I got charged on my credit card statement right away for that free 14 days trial.
    I will file complaint against this.
    I wish I read this first before I order this.

• Li
    lilikoi Sep 07, 2008

Caracol-cream.com offers a FREE MONTH"S TRIAL for only $1.95. NO WAY and you will pay. My only advice to this and any other offer it to READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS!!! You are given the impression that you will pay only $1.95. What you are obligated to pay is the full amount if you do not cancel within a certain number of days. Once you cancel you are assessed a 30% restock fee plus you have to return the unused portion. What I couldn't find is what the $1.95 was for.

This is an expensive product and I'm cautious about everything, so I read every word in their terms and conditions and decided this was so deceptive. It might very well be a good product but their deceptive marketing turned me off and turned me away.

On Saturday the website said "only 11 free samples left" and only good thru Saturday evening. On Sunday there were 14 samples left and only good thru Sunday evening. You have to click on a box that says you have read and ACCEPTED the terms and conditions. The sales agreement is in the terms and conditions so really you have accepted to buy this by clicking the box.

I've seen this type of sales on other products so was not surprised. My only advice to shoppers is to READ-READ-READ before committing and be careful. Even if you decide not to buy, you may have committed to the purchase simply by clicking a box.

It's not just caracol-cream.com. Dermaprl-SP, https://www.dermapril.com has a free trial offer but in order to continue to "step 2" you have to input your personal information, which I think is so not necessary just to see what the offer is. So if you decide "no", they still have all your personal information. Once again I was turned off and turned away.

It seems that these and other manufacturers use the same deceptive sales techniques and it's BUYER BEWARE. Read the TERMS and CONDITIONS!

Kathy Sep 09, 2008

I haven't even recieved my Caracol Cream. I did however received my shipping statement and UPS tracking number was incorrect, so I have no way of verifying when it will be received for my 14 day trial. When I contacted them they informed me they could charge my card at any point. When I again asked for the traking number they gave me the same wrong number. I read the side effects and don't even want to try it as I have rosacia and don't want it to worsen. When I told the girl I would be returing it as soon as it arrived she said again my account would be billed the full amount and I would get a refund. I still have 14 days from arrival to be charged I pointed out to them. I have until the 20th of Oct to return it from date of order. I will make sure it gets there if it cost me the full amount it costs for the product to get it there, I will make sure it is signed for.
    I do know I will not be ordering anymore trial offers for anything.
    I too wish I had read this before I ordered.

Marie Sep 11, 2008

I would not order from this company!!! I was billed $59.00 for my trial offer. I called my credit card co. and we are disputing it. I cancelled before the 2 week period and my card was already billed and they will not remove it. I will also be writing to the Attorney General's office and B.B.B. I talked with a Tiffany who was very rude.
    I can not believe that they have not been shut down already.
    This company is horrible.

• Le
    Leonard Sep 19, 2008

Stay as far away from these people and and their ineffective product as possible. They won't quit shipping the stuff - had to go to the credit card company to get it to stop.
    BIG BIG SCAM - ENTITIES LIKE THIS SPOIL INTERNET SHOPPING FOR EVERYONE.

• Su
    susan Sep 22, 2008

Stay away from this company, you try to return this product and they give you a fake address to return product then when they don't get there product back because they would never received it in the first place they already charged your card so you are out the money already so you really need TO FORGET THIS CREAM AND IT DOES NOT WORK ANYWAY, GO FIND ANOTHER PRODUCT THAT WILL TAKE CARE OF WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE CARE OF.BIG SCAM

• Ke
    keefer Sep 29, 2008

What do you expect? Something for nothing apparently - and all you have to do is provide your Credit card number. (?) Try using your eyes and read the Terms and Conditions - which you have to agree to to sign up for the "Free Trial" :"You will have fourteen full days after you receive your shipment to evaluate and see its results so far on your skin." That is after you receive a "full months supply". So what do think happens on day 15? "You will be billed the discounted price of only fifty-nine dollars and ninety five cents at the end of your fourteen day trial period" Are there any questions? Maybe what were you thinking? What is worse is that you have signed up for a monthly charge - with a monthly delivery of the cream - until you cancel. "We will conveniently ship you your reserved thirty-day supply of Caracol Cream every month" Hope you like this stuff.

Laura Kelley Oct 01, 2008

Yes this is a scam. I returned mine before the 14 day cut off and was billed $59.95 and today I had $68.90 debited from my card even though I returned the product and cancelled any further shipments. I spoke to someone on the phone and he stated he couldn't do anything about the billing and email was the only option I have to contact them this dispute. My credit card company has blocked them even though Caracol said they would take off my credit card information I do not trust them. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM. They are a scam. Cream doesnt work. Packaged was terrible. Dishonest... Good luck to everyone trying to get there money back.

• Li
    Lisa Oct 02, 2008

Has anybody done research on who owns their domain, caracol-cream.com? It's very interesting... they've gone to some lengths to hide who they are. They also own three other domains.

• Te
    terri Oct 02, 2008

I'm so upset. I ordaer the 14 day trail, for $4.95. I never received The product. I emailed them 7 times they told me I had to return the product to get my money back. How can I return something I don't have. I have to cancel my credit card #.
    I can't understand how this company get away with this

Jason Oct 02, 2008

Hello,

My name is Jason and I would just like to let you know I am a senior representative of the company Caracol Cream. I sincerely appreciate your opinion on our company and I have no doubt in my mind that your experience with our company comes with adequate proof and background. I am not going to try and deny these allegations as I have come to realize through my own personal research, I am fully acknowledging our flaws and faults. I do realize that our customer service does have some crucial holes, those of which we are striving to replace for our past, present and future customers.

I want to take this opportunity and apologize for these unpleasant experiences with our company thus far, and offer my assistance in resolving any and all issues your currently have with our company. If you are in need of any assistance that you were unable to receive via our customer support team, I would be more than happy to give it to you.

I understand that many customers have felt betrayed by our insufficient customer support and I want to do justice to their complaints by fully addressing them myself personally.

I do understand you are probably very angry with our company, however I do want to point out that we are currently accepting the fact that there were mistakes done, and I feel the only thing reasonable to do is to right these wrongs.

Jason Oct 02, 2008

Hello,

• Sv
    SV Oct 04, 2008

Caracol creams return address is in California, not Canada. That's why you have so many problems. Read the terms and conditions!! Everything you need to know if there. Worded badly, but there.

• Sh
    sherry greene Oct 14, 2008

I will return the other jar of cream. I did not order it. Stop using this scam on people.

• Jm
    JMurray Oct 15, 2008

I got very nervous after reading the complaints AFTER placing my order. I have to say that the company was very good about a return. All I did was call, they gave me a return authorization # and cancelled any future orders. They even went a step further and sent an email confirming the cancellation. My credit card was never charged.

• Je
    Jeanne A. Huard Oct 15, 2008

To Whom It May Concern:
    STOP SHIPPING ME CARACOL CREAM. Today, 10-15-08, is my second request to stop shipping me this cream. Approximately 2 weeks ago I called to make this request. In the meantime, like 2 days ago, I received another jar of cream. Today, 10-15, when I talked to customer service I was given a return authorization number. The number is 12749-2RN. Once again, please stop shipping this cream.
    I returned the cream today, 10-15-08 by U.S. Postal Service.

• Na
    nancy Oct 16, 2008

Hey everyone- I simply called my credit card company and complained that I had not actually ordered the cream after I immediately canceled it and they took it off my bill with no 'restocking fee' added. What a scam.

• Pa
    patti Nov 03, 2008

I ordered carocal cream and actually liked it, BUT the next order I received had been opened, I called carocal. and they said they would ship another one out since I had been already charged. I ever recieved the cream. I have called twice and told someone would call me back, but of course they don't. To bad customer services will cause they to lose a customer

maria Nov 12, 2008

I ordered a jar of cream on a 14 day trial . I used it and my face broke out in big bumps. It has never felt so dry. Before the trial date was over I billed the full amount Then on September 30th without ordering it I was billed again for over $60. The cream has not arrived.

• Co
    Corinne Nov 20, 2008

I ended up ordering the trial of caracol cream but used a pre-paid credit card with only $5.00 left on it (just enough for the shipping)! I did this incase I did not like the product. Now, they want to send me more and they email me constantly that my card keeps declining them! Ha! One for me. The product was crap anyway.

• Sy
    sylvia sickenberger Nov 23, 2008

YOU CHARGED MY ACCOUNT @ NEVER SENT ANY CREAM PLEASE DO NOT SEND OR CHARGE MY ACCOUNT AGAIN I TALKED TO MY LAWYER HE SAID IF YOU DO NOT QUIT CHARGING MY ACCOUNT HE WILL TAKE CARE OF IT LEGALLY FOR ME.

Joe Skeith Dec 01, 2008

I'm on my second jar of Caracol Cream and have recieved comments about my face looking younger. I am pleased with the product results. I've cancelled my auto ship because I have to much product, customer service was very good to work with. I only had to wait a few rings before customer service answered. The only thing I'm not happy with is that the free sample was not really free at all. I was charged $59 for the free sample. Otherwise the product is working for me.

Based on the reviews on this board I will probably look for another product with less negative feedback in the future.

• Je
    Jenna Mglocan Dec 04, 2008

I ordered this cream last month and was skeptical about how it was going to work on my skin. I recieved my shipment on time and have been using the cream for about three weeks now. My skin is starting to become more firm and I am starting to notice better results as time goes on. I had been billed after two weeks for my free trial and was concerned about this so I had called their number and they had described to me very professionally how it worked and offered to refund me if I had wanted. I did not need the refund as I am happy with my results and look forward to my next shipment.

• Sl
    slf41 Dec 13, 2008

Yes this company is a SCAM ! I fell for it and I ended up having my credit card changed. I too like numerous others on this board tried to cancel and return the product but had no luck. Finally they did not send me the produt for the 2nd month but I was charged. My credit card company is investigatng for me. I am embarrassed to admit the same thing happened to me last year when I odrered the Weight Loss Tea- it was the same price for the month and they sent my 2 weeks of free tea to try it out and all I paid was shipping and handling. If you are reading this please do NOT order Wu Lei Weight Loss Tea. Its a SCAM just like this. As a matter of fact, I wonder if its the same company ? Hummmm . Its the same thing- go to the site and look for return info and you just go round and round in circles !

anne Dec 30, 2008

I am so glad to hear that I was not the only person defrauded by this company. I ordered the cream to try it, but never "joined" or agreed to automatic shipments. I am receiving a constant stream of creams that I am being charged for, and even though I call and call, they never do cancel this auto shipment. I think the only thing I can do is block them from using my credit card. Does anyone have any other suggestions? If so, please post. I am fed up with them and considering turning them over to a consumer group.

• Fe
    fedup2 Dec 30, 2008

They are doing the same to me. Won't stop shipments. written and called. i talked to my credit card co. and they said they will help get my refund. A lot of work but worth it. you can't cancel you credit card and get a new one because they can use that too. So call your credit card company and they will help you.

• Al
    Alyssa Jan 13, 2009

I ordered this cream last week from a pop up that come on my email. It looked tempting so with the 14 day free trial I decided to give it a try. I went to go onto their website today because the package (letter inside) doesn't give you much information on what it does for your skin. Instead I found this complaint board. After reading all of the complaints I got scared and I decided to cancel after my first order. I decided to keep/pay for the first jar because I am noticing some results and figured it would take a month to notice real results.
    I went on their website and went to Live Chat. I spoke with Mark said I would keep the first order but to cancel there after and he immediately cancelled my account. I asked for a cancellation number and he kindly asked me to go to [protected]@caracol-cream.com. I emailed my cancellation for the second order giving them my order and shipment id number and got a "we have received your inquiry reply". Two minutes later I received a confirmation and # of my cancellation. They even said I could still return the cream now if I wanted and gave me an address. It looks like they are doing better at their communication. I will of course check to make sure I do not get shipped more cream or charged form more unless I ask. If all works out I would order again. I knew full well when I ordered this that I would be charged after the 14 days and more cream would come on a monthly basis.
    Anyhow, their address is below. I suggest if you have it returned you send it via certified mail. That way you have tracking capabilities.

Caracol Cream Returns
    5300 Ontario Mills Pkwy
    Unit 400
    Ontario, CA

• Le
    lenaluvawuz Jan 18, 2009

OMG what a nightmare this was, I ordered the cream the end of November and then read all the complaints here so I decided to send it back, I called the number and they gave me a return authorization number to put on the outside of the box and I shipped it back and got a tracking number as well as they canceled any further orders and I also recieved an email confirming cancelation, everything was fine, they got it back on December 12, 2008 and ups showed who signed for it and that it was delieverd to there reception area and by the way it is Ontario CA not Canada, anyhow on January 17, 2009 I go to buy my wedding invitations which I had to drive pretty far to get these, the do it yourself kind and had to drive in a horrible blizzard on the way home but when I got to the store to buy them my card was declined and I'm like hmmm I had money on there what the heck is going on, so I drive all the way home, the roads simply horrible and get home and check my credit card statement online and it shows that cacarol cream charged me 59.95 ok so i'm a little upset now and call the company and the lady tells me I never canceled and of coarse I'm arguing with her then I give her the tracking number and she's arguing with me that there is no such tracking number even though I'm looking right at it on the ups web site, then she tells me her system froze and to call back, this was 5pm when I first called, so I call back and the second lady tells me she is showing I just ordered the cream at 5pm today and I'm like, no I didnt, I called at 5pm to complain of a charge on my card that should not be there, she hangs up on me after a while, so I call back a third time and this lady tells me there is nothing they can do about it, that they only take orders and nothing else and to talk to someone from the website under live chat, of coarse I go there and live chat was NOT open so I'm really really REALLY upset at this point and I call my credit card company and of coarse I can dispute it but I'm like I cant let them get away with this so I had a better idea, I call carcarol cream back and this time got a super nice lady and I asked her what the address was for cacarol cream, she then asked me if I needed to return something and I said "No, I need the address because I am sending the Ontario California police to the company for stealing on my credit card, she then say wait before you do that let me see if I can help you, she puts in all my info in her system including everything I went through and what was said on each phone call I made to the company and by this time I'm crying pretty hard, I don't have a whole lot of money as it is and then she says she issued me a refund after the third lady I talked to said they cannot issue refunds they only take orders, so I was pretty happy at this point that I finally got to talk to someone who was helpful and did something for me, I also emailed there support and recieved an email stating I will recieve a refund and all further shipments will be canceled, it's sunday now and tomorrow is martin luther king day so I probable won't see a refund until the end of the week but I'll let everyone know, but please DO NOT ORDER from the company, this was the worst experience I have ever had ordering ANYTHING online and I am a frequent online shopper but through lagit stores, Its a shame I had to end up in tears over something like this and that innocent people like all of you and myself have to get scammed, I will never order from another unknown company again!!!

Chrissiann Jan 19, 2009

Hello "Jason". I see you have posted several comments just days apart lambasting customers for "wanting something for nothing" etc, and then have nerve to now post yourself as senior representative under the new name of "Jason." Well I must admit your writing skills are not very good, besides, you fail to include your last name. I do not doubt you are the actual caracol cream scammer, but you are not legitimate so-called "representative." What is your last name, "Jason"??

• Ga
    Galina Jan 22, 2009

Be aware of scam free trial of Caracol cream. It is not free, read terms.

• Be
    Betty Ellsworth Jan 22, 2009

I ordered this on 1/209 as a trial order and it said you had 15 days from day or receipt to let them know if you wanted to return the product. The trial price was $6.95. It arrived on 1/13, slip showed it shipped on 1/05/09, order made on 1/2/09.

On 1/22/09 I was charged the full priced of $59.95 which will cause me to bounce about three credit cards at the cost of $99. I am on SSDI and only receive about $880 a month so this is a horrendous disaster. Please let me know of any recourse, I have been reading that their address is bogus and they show no phone number, making any complaint impossible.

I will go to my bank with this tomorrow and see if I can shut them out of my account or any such thing as I read they keep doing it, there are several complaints.
    Thank you, please let me know any action I can take.

[protected]@aol.com
    Betty Ellsworth

Katie Feb 03, 2009

The company reels you in with the idea that your first jar will only cost you S&H. Apparently in the "terms and conditions" window that pops up they disclose that they will charge you $59.95 after you have had the product 14-days. They do not disclose that they will then approx 3 weeks later send you another jar and charge your card $68.90 without notifying you and an invoice is not included in this either. Had I not questioned the e-mail that stated my shipment was sent I would of thought that it was sent in error. I wish I had discovered this website before my original "TRIAL OFFER". I never do business with people who practice unethically. Unfortunately there will likely be many people that will be taken advantage of. let's face it they keep doing this because even though there are some people that figure them out there are more people that don't and they keep making money until someone stops it. I am hoping to be part of that group... sign me up for the class action lawsuit.

Maine mom Feb 11, 2009

Like my mother always says, "If a product is really as good as the company claims - they'll sell it in stores where everyone can buy it!"

Lauri Feb 13, 2009

I to am having this same issue I just got an shipping invoice for Carocol cream that I did not order. I wish I never clicked that free trial button. I have talked with my back and I am going to file fraud on this company to quit paying them.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices