Having problems with Glow.com?

1960 E Grand Ave. № 610
Sat6:00 AM - 4:00 PM
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

fraudlent billing

What a SCAM!!! This GROW.COM!

I ordered a free trial offer from the Yahoo sponsored ad for a shampoo and conditioner, paid $5 shipping handling fee. Two months later, SURPRISE, I received a credit card charge for $109. Now that is in dispute.

Surprised! Another month later, I received another exact package with another invoice of $113. They called that AUTOSHIPPING. I didn’t order that and the original trial offer did not say anything about this auto-shipping stuff. If you think that’s a scam, wait until you here this:

The invoice included inside the package has an instruction for you to return and promise a full refund. The instruction asks you to login into your account, go to the Trial Orders tab, select “Cancel”, print a RMA#, and return it with your own shipping. And this is what I found:
• It says my account is no longer active for auto-shipments. And they still shipped it???
• There’s no Trial Orders tab. The closest one Trial Offers tab has no order listed in it; hence, I have no way to cancel it.
• Another tab Retuns listed my order, but gave no option of Cancel or Return to make it happen. In other words, these tabs are all fake.
• So, you have no way to print a RMA label.

So, what do you do? You seal it and return it back to the sender? They thought of that too. On the invoice, it says “We cannot process or refund packages marked Return to Sender” and it also says “The package must clearly show the RMA number. Go figure. They cut you off on both ends and you have no way to exit.

Beware of FREE samples from Glow.com

Coupon from Glow.com said FREE SAMPLES: pay only $4.95 for shipping. When the samples came I could tell...

Total Scam!

I just received a second shipment! I did not ask for this!!! This time they charged me over 90 dollars! I can not log in to their site to change my CC Card number! These people are Evil and all need to be in Jail!

I can not believe they are allowed to do this!

I called them and they claim they are having trouble with their system...
That is a total LIE! I did not order this second shipment of this CRAP! Now they will keep taking out money!

So I can do nothing! I am a Victim... They must be stopped!

• Mm
    MMMI Jun 09, 2010

TOTAL DECEPTIVE OFFER...THESE PEOPLE ARE SCAMMERS

• Mm
    MMMI Jun 09, 2010

THEY ARE DECEPTIVE IN THEIR ADS

• Su
    sun123 Jun 24, 2010

On April 2nd week I received a call from glow.com asking me to check their website for free sample and they said it is 'free' and there will be no indirect charges other than the shipping fee. I gave my credit card and they charged only the shipping fee and sent the product on April.I used the product and did not find it to the standard they claim so just left it aside and never planned or ordered from them anything.

However, today I received a package from glow.com with another set of mini sample size same as the free sample they sent on April and an invoice for $80.But I then noticed that glow.com has charged $100 for the first sample they sent on April .I called customer service who claims that they sent an email along with my initial 'free sample order' where it says $60 will be charged after 30 days if the package is not returned and shipping tax etc. totaled to $100. I have sent them a note that I will take this complaint to consumer court if they do not refund all my money except for the first free sample's shipping charge. This is a complete spam.They do not tell you what you are agreeing for and they keep charging your credit card every month without your knowledge.
    BEWARE!!!GLOW.COM IS A SPAM!

• Radicalreels Jan 29, 2011

UPDATE! Beautyuser.com is now the new name they use! Still, no one is stopping then from stealing from anyone they wish! Looks like they just change their name when the heat gets too bad for then.

• Radicalreels Jan 30, 2011

Ad on Facebook 1/29/2011

free trial/deceptive advertising

Company advertises, using pop-up ads on the internet. They indicate a free trial for the cost of shipping and handling, only. No monetary amount other than shipping and handling charge. After completing the order information and credit card information and submitting it, a separate email is received. It indicates that you are billed $0.00 for the product and $4.95 for shipping and handling. At the bottom of the page, in small print, it states that if you decide to keep the product, $78.00 will be billed to your credit card.

The ad leads the customer to believe that they are paying only shipping and handling for a free trial product. However, what is actually purchased, is a free trial period with an inflated follow-up charge.

free trial/deceptive advertising

• Radicalreels Jun 21, 2010

I too was a Victim! What gets me it they have their own You Tube Channel and there's a whole Network of fake Channels, with false comments! I have noticed on Channel is gone... Wonder why they aren't all in Jail now? Here is their You Tube Channel...

If you leave a bad comment, they'll delete it! They even run an AD on Facebook!

free trial

Online I responded to an offer of a free trial of a face cream for only the cost of postage and handling $6.95. Idiot that I am I did not read the packing slip which told me I had to return the Bottles within 14 days or I would be charged $96. I had no idea of this until I saw a charge on my bank account of 96. I called the company and they say they will refund my money when they recieve the bottles back. I consider this FRAUD IF NOT THEFT. MY FREE TRIAL HAS NOW COST $10.00 postage and my haveing to borrow money from family to keep my account from being overdrawn. I should have checked this out before responding to this ad . They do not tell you what you are agreeing to before you sign up

• El
    elizabeth hildreth Jul 30, 2009

I clicked on an ad for a "free trial" of mineral makeup for which I paid $4.95. When I got the box, there was documentation inside saying I would have cancel within 30 days or else be charged $90 dollars. I read the receipt that came with the delivery--thankfully---so I'm returning it...but if I hadn't, I would have been charged $90 for something advertised as "free." As it is, I didn't like the makeup and now I've paid $4.95 to have the "free trial" delivered and then additional shipping and handling charges to ship it back. I'm sure the details are somewhere in the fine print but it's willfully deceptive, which, in my book = scam.

• Za
    zahavawings Sep 19, 2009

I searched for this site and it wasn't hard to find. I knew I could not be the only victim of glow.com's fraudulent and deceptive practices. My experience is echoed by the previous posts. I was shocked and appalled to find that my "free trial" had m9rphed into a charge of $89.95 as I read the package invoice. I called customer service and they boldly defended glow.com's practices. Wow! They must get their employees from "The Emporer Has No Clothes" school of customer service. I am now in the process of returning their products according to their iron-fisted specifications. The company is so sleezy I can only hope that upon the return of their products they don't diabolically perform some other form of "bait-and-switch." Is there nothing that can be done to protect the public from this deceit?

• Fq
    fqing Oct 25, 2009

I got into the same trap too. I ordered the free trial Kronos Hair Transformation Kit and received it with statement of followup monthly bill at about $100. I paid $11 to send it back within 7 days per Glow's order. So end up total shipping more than $15 for nothing.

• Mz
    mzfitsyou Dec 17, 2009

I too fell for the Kronos free trial scam. When I found the statement saying I would be billed $98.50 in 30 days inside the box, I immediately contacted Glow to return the product unopened. I was told that return shipping would be free if the original packaging was still intact, however, the post office refused to send the package back without guaranteed postage, so it cost me $10 to return. All in all, I spent $15 for a product I never used. This is very bad business and I'm going to contact The Clark Howard Show to let them know about it. These folks deserve to be exposed.

• Radicalreels Jun 21, 2010

• Su
    sun123 Jun 24, 2010

BEWARE!!!GLOW.COM IS A SPAM!

• Em
    Emma74 Sep 27, 2010

I almost order "free trial"offer by Kronos hair system (it looked great). I'm happy I googled before purchase it . . I'm sorry what you went thru, and many thanks for posting your complaints here. Damn, I couldnt get out of their website, 60% off shipping, and other deals just to dont let me go...and then I sent this link when I was asked why I was leaving ...Thanks a lot...lets be cautious next time!!

Unauthorized charges

I did sign up for the free trial of this product and once I received it I went online and canceled my...

Deceptive advertising

Glow.com is deceptive in its offer. They offered trial products with brushes for ONLY "shipping charge...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices