Canada Post Corporationcommunity mailbox for business

C May 28, 2019

I work for South Kelowna Elementary School at 4176 Spiers Road, Kelowna BC. We have had our mail delivered to the school since the school opened - this school will be 100 years old next year. This past fall, we were told that our mail would no longer be delivered to the school and we have to use a community mailbox. I do not agree with this as we have confidential information and there is theft. Anyways, I was told that boxes would still be delivered to the school. The boxes are NOT being delivered and as this is a school we have many orders being processed - confidential student files and ID, books, technical items, etc. Many of them are jammed into the bigger mailboxes and the corners are torn or damaged or the boxes are very heavy. Today, there is a box in 1A that I cannot lift and it was jammed in that space and takes up the entire compartment. I called 800-267-1177, #6, and was told that maybe I should get someone else to get the box. There is no one else - I am the only secretary, we don't have 1 male staff here at SKE and I am not able to ask a student to do this in case they are injured. I would like the bigger, heavier boxes delivered.