Campbell Soupinsects in products

I purchased a can of campbell's chunky brand chicken & corn chowder on 12/4/06. Actualy, I had purchsed 6 cans of their soup in 3 varieties.

Opened the can and microwaved it and split it with my daughter. While my daughter was eating the soup she spotted something on her spoon. She wasked me what it was and I said probably a stem of some sort and took it off her spoon. I then looked at at closely and saw it was a worm! The insect looked like a maggot and was about 3/4 " long and fully intact. I called campbell's 800# on the can and they took all the info from the can and my contact info and said they would send a reimbursement check ($1.85?). I returned all of the remaining chunky soups to the store and I will not be buying their product ever again as obviously they have bad quality control. This experience was so traumatizing that I can't fathom eating a canned product of any kind ever. The customer service rep sounded like she gets these calls all the time which is truly disgusting. I purchased these products because my son plays pop warner football and always admired the commercials with all of the pro-football players and their moms. He has been asking me for chunky soup for months and for this to happen is disheartening. I am sorry but there is no excuse for an full insect to be in a can of soup. I feel as though all kinds of insects could be in their products just not detected.

• Di
    Displayname93 Jul 25, 2020

I'm scared, why have I never heard of this?! I was having bad stomach and back pains and I looked up the symptoms and one was it could be a parasite.. I ate campbells soup earlier and then I look up Campbell's parasite and found this page! I am so freaked out, I don't know if I can sleep tonight! Why is this not more well known?!?! This sucks. Im laying in my room at night scared.

• Ki
    Kimberly Lazur Dec 25, 2019

I love your soup but the past 5 cans of chunky clam chowder was all potato and no clam. I'm paying for clam chowder not potato chowder. I would appreciate some sort of compensation for wasting my money on your false advertised product. And it's ridiculous to limit complaints. I'm posting about how you don't care about your customers.

• Tr
    Trawls Feb 09, 2019

My father found this on feb 3rd 2019 in his Campbell’s soup as he was eating it!! Campbell’s told him they were sorry and would reimburse him and send coupons.. why would he or anyone else ever want to buy more ??!! It’s disgusting and Why is nothing being done about this ??!! Reached out to attorneys and they don’t seem to be of any help. Reporting this to board of health next.
    The bug we “believe” is a praying mantis!! Pics below

Marshall Fry Oct 27, 2018

we took it from the the pantry and microwaved it . after that i looked inside and found the leg of a roach. i can assure there was nothing in the bowl or on the lid of the can.it was bought from walmart.

• Mo
    Mommaof2Designs Oct 03, 2018

I am so sick to my stomach this is sadly horrible how this world is ! I am making tater tots casserole for my family and pull out everything I need I open the can of Campbell chedder cheese soup and there is maggots just flying out of the can! I seriously have never seen anything like that!!! I will never ever eat or look at Campbell's again!

• Ti
    Tifa Sep 25, 2018

Bought some of the Campbell's Oh! YES! Corn and Pablano pepper soup the other day from Target, the sip cup ones because they do not have garlic; went to fix it last night 9/24/2018 and there was a bug in my soup. Absolutely disgusting! Have not called the company yet as I didn't know I could report this type of thing and was so absolutely disgusted that I chunked it outside in my trash can.

• Al
    AlyssaT Sep 05, 2018

Found a clump of hair in the can...so gross...I've never had this happen before with their soups. So disappointed.

Jamie V Williams Aug 28, 2018

I love Campbell's Chunky soups but since finding two (2) sharp bones in my soup I will not eat them again. First one was found on my spoon and thought that was only one. But a second one was discovered in my mouthful, glad it didn't cut my gums or tongue because bone was splintered . Had to discard rest of soup.

• Am
    Amie Low Aug 26, 2018

Bought Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup. Found a chunk of soft tissue-liked substance and thought I didn’t dissolve the soup well. When chew into the smaller bit, realised the chunk substance had paper-liked texture. I’ve used my fingers to press on them, definitely not soluble stuff.

• Dr
    DrTimP Aug 15, 2018

Opened a can of "Chunky" Soap Clam Chowder. It was 70% liquid, 29% potatos and 1% clam meat. It was not worth the money. Progressive Clam Chowder has got you beat. Try making it "CHUCKY"!!!

• Ji
    jimbeck Aug 14, 2018

Found 2 rotten potatoes inside the soup while eating it! Disgusting! had to throw it away. What happened to the quality of Campbell's soups? Should we expect rotten contents within the can such as the rotten potatoes as seen in my provided picture?
    Please respond!
    See 2 attached pictures.

• Po
    Pop Flyers Jun 03, 2018

Around April 26-28, 2018, I bought this can of Campbell’s Chunky, Creamy Chicken & Dumplings, from Target 3600 Mall Rd, Louisville, Ky 40218. I brought it back home with me to Hawaii, since I didn’t get to open and eat it there. Today (June 3, 2018), I open it and heat it up. I already ate most of my soup when I scooped up the bug and put in my mouth, thinking it was part if the veggies. The texture felt weird, so I spit it back out. And Ewwwe, I realized I almost just ate a bug🦗🤢 It looks like a Green Stink Bug. After looking up the bug online, I see that they are a veggie and fruit crop pest. So it probably entered the manufacturing process attached to a vegetable and it just didn’t get washed away during the process. Although it’s not poisonous or harmful, I’m still grossed out that I almost ate it😝

• Cr
    Crystal Getsinger Apr 30, 2017

My daughter opened her a can of Campbell's cream of mushroom soup today and started eating it.then out of no where she looks at me and says mama I have a bug in my soup.it actually was a cooked cockroach!!! And the bad part about it was that I had just eaten a can myself.i was more horrified than she because I had eaten a whole can of that stuff.i got sick as a dog from just the thought of it.something needs to be done about this company they can't keep getting by with this.with all these complaints it seems like they would be investigated or something

• Sh
    Sharen Fraser Jan 31, 2017

Totally sickened by this rat bone. OMG so bad! They better do something about this or I will.

• Sh
    Sharen Fraser Jan 31, 2017

While eating a cup of cream of mushroom soup (Campbells) I felt something sharp in my mouth, it hurt, I spit it out, and oh my gosh! A rat bone! Disgusting beyond belief. Vomited immediately. I have just sent a complaint to the company but will also try calling tomorrow morning. Absolutely gross. Never will I eat a can of soup again. Have the can and the bone. Even thinking on it now, makes me feel ill.

• Me
    MegaMeg Mar 23, 2016

I was enjoying a nice bowl of this soup, and I found hair in my soup. I have brown hair and the hair was long blonde hair, wrapped around a piece of clam. I am so disgusted I had to throw it away. I looked for more hair in the soup, and found several more blond hairs in the soup after the initial discovery.

• Za
    Zarkia Dec 27, 2015

I ate a can of Campbell's tomato soup last night. It tasted fine but before I was even done with my bowl I started feeling nauseous. I spent the night puking my guts out. I am still sick today, but feeling a little better. I was so sick last night I considered going to the hospital. Food poisoning is awful. I will never eat tomato soup again.

Jennesia Vania Gardiner Nov 25, 2015

I never eat canned soup and decided to try the Campbell's Chunky Pub-Style Chicken Pot Pie. Well it was pretty good until I swallowed on an inch long bone. I removed it from my throat and emailed the company right away. No response. Not only are their products bad, but so is their concern for their customers. I will never buy their products again.

• La
    Lazyfox4evr May 30, 2015

Just opened a can of Chunky Beef vegetable soup and it had a huge chunk of what looks like raw meat in it. Had to throw it out as I couldn't feed it to my daughter. Not sure it was safe.

Jeffery Sean Jan 18, 2015

You people know why you're finding insects in your soup? Because they are allowed so many insects in their vegetables. Juice. Pace. prego. Soup.
    They don't give a crap. They pay off their on sight USDA personnel to look away.
    Ask their CEO Denise Morrison why she can't improve their products. Chicken flavored noodle not Chicken Noodle. She talks about Quality it is actually Quantity she's cares for.
    They don't care they just want you to buy their products. They treat their employees like crap so they damn sure don't care about customers.

• Bo
    bodybo Dec 07, 2014

A can of Campbells Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup was purchased by my girlfriend. After eating it, her back started itching and her throat felt like it was staring to close. She was having an allergic reaction to something in the soup. This is a soup that she buys and consumes all the time. She managed to down a Benadryl and it helped. The numbers on the top of the can are [protected] EST 55 4U expiring Oct 20, 2016. Not sure what the heck might have been in this can, but it could have killed her had she not had the Benadrly.

• Mc
    mckenzie1 Oct 16, 2014

Tonight when I ate my Campbell's Kitchen Classics Vegetable Beef Soup I bit into what I thought was a tough piece of celery. I put it on a napkin to discover 2 stick-like pieces and part of an insect. Needless to say I won't be buying anymore Campbells. Quality Control must be slipping at Campbells.

Tony Huyn Jun 11, 2014

Here's the photo of it

Tony Huyn Jun 11, 2014

I had a wasp in my soup...pretty horrified and 100% angry. Never gonna buy tomato soup based products again.

• Ho
    Homade soup now Dec 30, 2013

Yup, I opened two cans. One can was sirloin burger the other beef stew, intending to feed two toddlers. Wow am i glad i ate it and found a chicken, rat or possibly even a small bird bone. I bet when they are pasteurizing there is some way that something can get in there and boil to death. Either that or the chicken stock isn't being filtered properly, which would be a more positive scenario, and yet still potentially fatal.

All I know is that upon close inspection of the bone I know it is not any part of a cow save maybe the ear bone or something messed up like that. The bone has been boiled as at the ends all the peices are splintered. The strange part was the texture and look of the meat, it didn't seem to be cooked as thoroughly, so im gonna get compensation.
    here is a pic.

JeanVirdigo Sep 13, 2013

A few years ago I was spending the night with a friend and we were left to make our own dinner that night. We both decided on some Campbells soup. I wanted to try the Clam chowder and I loved it.
    I am not one for breakfast foods so I wanted to eat some more soup the next morning (I do this often if you can't tell) and I grabbed another clam chowder can from the cabinet but when I opened the can something looked wrong. The soup was a strange grey color, very watery and I saw something small and brown floating at the top. I inspected it and I found that it was a small dead worm.
    I checked the expiration date and it didn't expire for another three or four years.
    I stayed away from the clam chowder for a few years, but I still ate other kinds of Campbells soup. After all, I know large factories can't control every can or critter from getting into their products. I thought I was just that unlucky person who got the bad can.
    But just a few minutes ago, I opened a can of New England clam chowder to make for dinner and it had absolutely no flavor. Reading the comments on this sight makes feel at ease that I shouldn't buy a product if the company just can't control what goes in their merchandise.

maricela78 May 13, 2013

On may 10, 2013 my son was about to enjoy his chicken noodles.

• Oh
    ohyucky Mar 31, 2013

A http://www.campbellsoupcompany.com/our_brands.asp - all brands owned by Campbell's. But don't just be angry with them. This will gross you out: http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatthis/grossest-bugs-you-dont-know-youre-eating

The FDA allows us to consume anything from helminths and protozoa to lead and arsenic. I boil carrots and squash for the broth. I soak all of the peeled, scrubbed nonorganic vegetables (organic veggies=mad bugs, dude) for 15 min I use only boneless, skinless chicken breasts that have been frozen at -4°f for at least 10 days. That kills most nematodes. My soup is boiled for at least 2 min after it has already been prepared. Pasteurization also kills parasites.Campbell'ss soup doesn't pasteurize their soups. Yucky.

• Ha
    harold hornke Mar 07, 2013

Was a really bad potato slice. I has a picture of it don't know if I can attach it not. Just hope we don't get sick from it . Grilled sirloin steak with hearty vegetables bar code [protected] bottom of can Nov 17 2014 est4d. Gk. Jt 11172. 2035

• Aa
    Aarien Feb 20, 2013

Chicken noodle soup is usually the best thing for when you're sick. Except for when you find a dead spider floating around in it. What little appetite I had was immediately gone. I've had Campbell's soup ever since I was a kid, so this experience makes me question what I might have ingested in the past when I wasn't really paying attention... a train of thought that turns my stomach. I'm glad I found this forum so I didn't waste my time by calling the #800 so the company could insult me with offers of coupons -- as if I'm ever going to buy a product of theirs ever again.

This trend is alarming and appears to have been going on for quite some time. It's horrible to see that apparently nothing has been done even after all this time.

top69cat69 Jan 11, 2013

i bit into what appears to be a human finger bone (from the pictures i saw )in a can of their healthy request sirloin chunky soup with garden vegetables and they offered me coupons also like i would ever eat that crap again and i broke a tooth off at the gum line and ended up with an infection

• Ta
    T. A. Jackson Jan 03, 2013

mom just started to eat a can of homestyle chicken noodle, which is her favorite. she called me at work in a major panic and said that a bug was in the soup and that she felt very sick. i advised to drink some ginger ale to calm the sick feeling and as soon as i got home i could see that it was indeed a bug with legs and whiskers. i am tempted to call the #800 but not to be offered coupons or a $2 refund. if she does become sick and has to have medical treatment then campbells will be owned by a lil black lady from alabama cause i will have there ###. and they can cook that up in a can and serve it.

• Gr
    Gross123 Dec 30, 2012

Sickest thing EVER!
    I have loved mushroom soup my whole life...untill toaday. My dinner this evening came with a mystery ingredient.
    It was about 1cm, black, crunchy with hair!
    I'm not kidding, the hairs were about 3cm long. Yes I puked when I pulled it out of my mouth.
    Dear god tell me it wasn't a piece of rat. It seriously looked like a large nasty mole.
    I will now join the group of horrified consumers who have eaten tainted products and will share my story.
    Now comes the important question.
    What will Campbells do for me?

not eating soup Oct 15, 2012

I just opened a can of Cambells clam chowder..microwaved it in the container, removed and put lid on, sat down to eat, and it was infested with stinkbugs... after reading this forum I will never purchase any of their products again... If they offer to refund my money that will be a waste of our time... it doesn't fix the problem of a dirty processing plant... My facebook friends also stated that they will not purchase these products ...

JeanGavin Aug 29, 2012

I just found a rock 2mm in size in my Fiesta Vegetable & Black Bean soup. I am never eating canned anything again after reading THIS post, especially. I am beyond grossed out. I did complain to the company but I doubt I will see anything from it.

• Be
    Bernie Sader Jun 26, 2012

I was not in hurry to open this can of soup, so for lunch today opened ready to enjoy Campbell 's Cream of Mushroom code #[protected] It was disappointing Very bland it resembled a flour & water mix, no taste and only a few traces of mushrooms my husband & I both put the soup down the drain. After reading some other stories I will listen to Dr Ozz and make all my soup from scratch. On his program he showed how much unwanted protein we are getting in a lot of our food . Bernie

• La
    Lauren Sullivan Jun 02, 2012

I found TWO insects in my Campbells Cream of Chicken soup... one was what looked to be a gnat and one looked is if it was a mosquito! I will NEVER be consuming anymore of canned soup. This was just so disturbing.

• Km
    kmacleod May 27, 2012

So i came in after a busy day and was looking for something fast that i could make and decided i would heat up some chunky soup (Yumm!)

I heated up my can on steak and potatoes chunky soup and had a couple bites but when i went for another spoon-full i noticed a dark looking figure in it. After closer look i found it was a FULL INTACT LADYBUG, *GAG* *PUKE*

I Immediately sent a email off to chunky and have still not received contact back. My stomach is hurling at the thought of it. After doing some online research i see that i am not the only one that this has happened to. DONT BUY CHUNKY SOUP, THERES TONS OF PEOPLE FINDING THINGS IN THESE CANS, GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSS!. Ill Attach a photo!

• Dr
    drube Dec 19, 2011

campell soup is not what it used to be it's junk now it's to bad because it used to be the best.

• Su
    suepie29 Nov 30, 2011

Stopped by Kroger and bought 3 large cans of Kroger chicken noodle soup all three cans has black bugs.I cut my finger as I was trying to find lot number on can.Not a good night.