Having problems with Campbell's?

Campbell's reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 7, 2006. The latest review Vegetable soup was posted on Apr 30, 2021. The latest complaint I found a bug in my soup was resolved on Apr 15, 2014. Campbell's has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 90 reviews. Campbell's has resolved 14 complaints.

Campbell's Customer Service Contacts

Thu9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Campbell's Customer Service. Initial Campbell's complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Campbell's above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Campbell's. Discuss the issues you have had with Campbell's and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Campbell's Complaints & Reviews

Campbell's soup — mold in product

When I arrived, home from work yesterday, my husband called me into the kitchen. He had opened a can of...

Campbell's Chicken Gumbo Soup — poor quality soup

When I opened the can of campbell's chicken gumbo lite soup, I was horrified. It was all water with no broth...

Campbells Soup, Creamy Chicken And Dumplings Soupbug loving, and a worm too

So back on january 5th, 2010 I was enjoying my favorite soup, the creamy chicken and dumplings soup. I noticed something in it which turned out to be a beetle. Brown and abot 1/4"long, 1/8" wide. I called in and was asked how I had prepared the soup, if I had eaten it (sadly, yes) and would it be okay to compensate me. Seeing that I was out my $1.50 for the soup I said sure. I got an apologetic letter and coupons from them.

I told my dad about the beetle and he said never again in your life will you see that and chuckled.

I have not eaten soup since that day and purchased some over the weekend. Today is feb 3, 2010. I figured I would be okay to try the soup again and no kidding, I dumped the can into my pyrex bowl and the same beetle as last time comes flopping out. I called into campbles and spoke to a gal who ended up laughing with me because it is gross, she even said so. She also asked me to see if I could find any other beetles. When I glanced in the bowl I found a worm, a worm! So two for the price of one this time.

I had her look up the can info from my first run in and it is the same as the can I have now. So obviously nothing was done. How gross. The factory number is on the bottom of the can and in the lower left hand corner. It is p5.

She said she is going to send me out coupons, great. Like I used the ones from the time before. But really, there needs to be something done about this and seeing these other posts almost makes me want to cry!

Campbells Soup Select Harvestinchworm floating on top inside of can

I opened a can of campbell's select harvest clam chowder and found an inchworm floating on top inside the can. I thought it was dead, but I scooped it out and it was very much alive. I called campbell's and they took down my information and offered to send me a coupon. I refused any coupons, because I can never bring myself to purchase another one of their soups again.
    I wanted to post this so that everyone is aware that it happened and if bugs in your soup is a turn-off avoid buying campbells.

• Ta
        tagil Jan 14, 2010

We just found a medium-sized beetle in our Campbell's Italian Wedding soup this evening. My wife vomited several times, though I tried to calm her with stories of war veterans surviving on insects. It failed. Too bad there's no real recourse. Campbell's has been such a "quality" name brand for a long time; this is unfortunate.

• Jg
        jgood738 Nov 10, 2009

I didn't see the pic I posted so here it is.

Comments

Campbell's Chunky Soup — disgusting masses in soup

About a week or two ago, I went to wal-mart and purchased 10 cans of soup to take to work everyday for lunch...

Fruitland

Campbell's soupflip-tops cans are a flop

The flip-top cans are no help to us older folks with weak fingers. I have to pry up the tab with a blunt knife because my fingers aren't strong enough to pull it up. Then I have to use the knife to slide around the lid to release it for the same reason. Then I have to wash off the blood where I cut myself on the lid. And finally the can rib prevents me from getting quite a bit of the contents out unless I puncture the can's side with an old v-point can or bottle opener. I hate to waste food but I also want to recycle clean cans, not something to draw vermin or create a stench. Give me the good old can opener any day! Or a normal rim for the old can opener as the bottom of a flip-top can.

Campbells Soup — a bad can of soup

I am a big Campbells fan. Thats all I buy. But the other day I opened a can of Clam Chouder soup and heated...

Campbells Chunky Soup (Cans)cans are too big to have pull tops

I have been going round and round with Campbells Soup company about the difficulty opening their soup cans (easier pull tops, right) especially the bigger, chunky soup cans. Last July I tried opening 2 cans of the Chunky soup, the first finally gave way but the second was very stubborn, using more force than should have been necessary, the can slipped and sliced the webbing between my thumb and index finger and severing an atery, of course requiring stitching. I sent the bills totaling $729 along with pictures of my hand and the soup can to Campbells. I didn't want damages or time off from work paid for, I only wanted the hospital bill paid, their last offer was $250. HOW GENEROUS! Oh... they sent me 2 coupons for 20 cents off of my next purchase of 2 or more cans of Chunky Soup too!!!

• Ro
            robho Nov 10, 2013

i wanted to try the new cheese burger soup, . opened the can.. no problem. heated it in microwave.. no problem
            tasted it...yuk, tried another few spoonfuls to be sure. wow..holys^&T, who does the taste testing on this crap.

i put it down for the dog to try.. and he wanted no part of it either.

worst thing i ever tasted

Christina Balke Jan 08, 2011

The Cambell Chunky soup I at yesterday was the worst I have ever had. The chicken was dry and the soup tasted funny. In will no longer be eating Cambells soup. The numbers on the can are [protected] [protected]. I also have another can of this soup and not sure what to do with it. I was eating this soup 3 to 6 times a week but not any more.

Christina Balke Jan 08, 2011

I bought Cambells`s Chunky Chicken Noodle soup and it was so BAD I to through it away. The chicken was hard and extreamly dry. the numbers on the can is [protected] [protected]. Since that I will no longer buy this soup which I was eating between 3 to 6 times a week. But no more will I eat this soup or any other from this Company. My e-mail is [email protected] I also have another can of thisn soup and don`t know what to do with this can.

• Ro
            Rooth Mar 02, 2009

They were too busy spending $60 million in their advertising campaign against Progresso. I am so sorry to hear about your injury. That is pretty shocking. More shocking is their disregard for your medical bills. Best wishes.

Campbell's soup — steak and potato's campbells chunky - disgusting soup!

I purchased a can of steak and potato's campbells chunky soup. When I heated this soup it had a odd smell...

Campbell Soup — insects in products

I purchased a can of campbell's chunky brand chicken & corn chowder on 12/4/06. Actualy, I had purchsed 6...