Having problems with Campbell's?

Campbell's reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 7, 2006. The latest review Vegetable soup was posted on Apr 30, 2021. The latest complaint I found a bug in my soup was resolved on Apr 15, 2014. Campbell's has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 90 reviews. Campbell's has resolved 14 complaints.

Campbell's Customer Service Contacts

Thu9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Campbell's Customer Service. Initial Campbell's complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Campbell's above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Campbell's. Discuss the issues you have had with Campbell's and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Campbell's Complaints & Reviews

Campbell's Soupclump of hair

Made dinner for my family and found this clump in our food. It looked like a clump of right hair. I called Campbell's soup they asked me to send it into them for analysis. The lab results said it was mushroom particles and they sent me a $25 check and some coupons as if I would ever buy their product again !!! Take a look at the photo below!

clump of hair

• Co
      Colormum Sep 22, 2015

The subject line says it all. Photos attached.

I found these items on sept. 22' 2015.

I will never buy a Campbell's product again.

I'm shocked by the other complaints of similar experiences.

What can I do about this?

Campbells Gouda Go Soup — piece of wood

I can't believe that this was in my Campbells Gouda today! I was at work and was eating my lunch when I...

Campbells Mushroom Soupmetal found in food

My Mom came home from work and heated up a can of Campbells Mushroom Soup like she has many times in the past. About three quarters of the way done her soup she took a mouthful only to find what was not a mushroom, but a fairly large chunk of metal. She thought it was a mushroom at first but of course it was distinguishable once it was in her mouth. Now, how could a large piece of metal get through their systems? I personally have no clue how things like that don't get caught. She could have swallowed that and who knows what could have happened. Our dog could have eaten that by mistake and that definitely would have severely hurt the insides of the dog. My main concern is that, who knows if there were smaller pieces of who knows what that she DID consume without notice. If a big piece of metal like that can somehow make its way to the finished product then who knows what other small fragments make it into soup cans / other canned goods every day. I'm now afraid to have any soup / canned foods and I doubt she will ever be purchasing from Campbells brand again. We have told everyone about this story now only to find they they too have had bad experiences when it comes to finding unknown substances and strange things IN Campbells canned items. The amount of people that we have talked to who have had mysterious and unsafe things found in their Campbells soup is quite scary. I hope that no one gets severely hurt from it because a piece of metal like we had is NO good for anyone or anything. If she gets stomach sick, at least we have a good idea of what the culprit was. Good day, and please be careful everyone! You just never know what is in packaged food I suppose. Happy Easter..

Campbell's Chunky Soup — I found a dead worm in my soup i'm totally and completely livid & disgusted

I opened my can of soup and microwaved it went to go take a spoon full and there was a dead worm in my bowl I...

Moose Jaw

Campbells Spring Lamb Soup Cannedfood quality

I opened a can of Campbell's spring lamb soup and found a worm/grub floating on top. it was very obvious it was an insect and not a part of the vegetables from the soup. A friend examined it and agreed it was an insect. The can was not opened and there were no other signs of damage to the packaging.

Campbell's Scooby- Doo Soup — maggot in my daughter's soup

My 8 year old daughter was eating Campbell's Scooby Doo Chicken and noodle soup, when she got a strange...

Campbells Soup — I found a bug in my soup

I had brought a Campbell soup to work for my lunch as per usual. I Opened the can, put it in a bowl and...

Campbell's Fiesta Cheese Soup — it is not expired but the color is not right

We had 6 cans in the cabinet. My husband opened one up and told me to come look. When I did the color of it...

Campbells Creme Of Mushroom Soup — mold inside the can

I purchased a can of Campbells cream of Mushroom soup a couple of days ago from my local supermarket and when...

Lunenburg

Campbell's soupbug found in soup

I purchased a can of Beef Noodle soup from a local grocery store in Brooksville, FL on 4/24/13, ( lot # of the can is included in the attached photo). As I opened up the can, I noticed something floating that did NOT look like a small piece of beef but instead appeared to have legs on it. As I scooped it out of the can I found that it did indeed have legs on it and it was NOT a small piece of beef but rather a small bug! (pic attached). As of today, I have officially banned Campbell's soup products

bug found in soup
        bug found in soup

Campbells Soupgross

Sickest thing EVER!
          I have loved mushroom soup my whole life...untill toaday. My dinner this evening came with a mystery ingredient.
          It was about 1cm, black, crunchy with hair!
          I'm not kidding, the hairs were about 3cm long. Yes I puked when I pulled it out of my mouth.
          Dear god tell me it wasn't a piece of rat. It seriously looked like a large nasty mole.
          I will now join the group of horrified consumers who have eaten tainted products and will share my story.

Campbells Soup Vegetable Beef — plastic in soup

I bought a Family Size can of Vegetable Beef Soup and dumped it into the pan to cook it. There was a 4x3 "...

Elk City

Campbells Canned Soupdefective product

I was buying split pea w/ham Cambell Soup. It says Condensate on the can and usually when I open a can I have to use a knife or spoon to empty the can of course because it is condensate, and I add a can of water as per instructions. So far I am satified if when I open a can I have to use a knife oe a spoon to empty it. The problem that I had and this it happened to me at leat 5 to 6 times this year is when I open a can and the can if full of liquid w/so little of split pea w/ham. I found out that I probably had only (2) two tea spoons of spli peas w/ham and this is unacceptable to pay $1.44 to $1.60 a can at Publix and been screwed with a watery can.

When you buy it you dont know what to expect till you open and if it not condensate what are you supposed to do, you cannot return it!! So you have to open an other can and hoping that this one is condensated and mix it with the watery one and hope to get the best of it. I love split pea w/ham Cambell Soup as long I get what I paid for it. This happened to me at leat 5 times this year and talking about last year that I had also the same problem a few times. I am asking the Company Cambell Soup to answer to me and send me something to compensate to their defaut product.

Campbell's Tomato Soupmold under lid

I pulled the plastic lid from the top of the container and found it covered in mold. This is not the actual lid to open the product, but the plastic lid used for heating. This is obviously a design flaw since the problem happened during shipment or storage. That doesn't change the fact that anything may enter the vent holes in the plastic lid during shipment and storage. This product should be wrapped in plastic for safety. I will not purchase any product with a vented lid again that is not wrapped in plastic.

mold under lid

• Sl
                  SlayerGal Sep 29, 2011

Looks like there was a spill that wasn't noticed. Just take it back and they'll refund you.

Also, you can always remove the plastic cover before you buy it to double check the seal. I tend to do that with most items. Just never remove the foil seal, of course.

In the front of the cup, is there a hole in the seal? It looks like it goes in a bit. If so, that might be the cause.

madmax_va Sep 29, 2011

I had purchased it from Walmart last week.

madmax_va Sep 29, 2011

Yes... I never opened the seal.

Campbells Chunky Soup — hair in the soup!!!

I was enjoying a lovely dinner with my mother and she was eating Campbells steak and potato chunky soup. She...

Campbells Soupchicken gumbo soup missing

Campbells gave us a recipe for Sloppy Joes many years ago in the 1960's containing Chicken Gumbo soup, it was the best recipe my family and many others nationwide have used over the years. After researching east and west coast, midwest people are looking for this soup and it no longer exists...they now have it marked light and say it is the same but their light soup has 70 calories their regular chicken gumbo had 60...now how is that light. They took the regular off the market and don't bother with the light version as it is all water based. Look for a good generic or contact Campbells [protected] and ask for someone in corporate. AT CS all you get is I will take your report. Sparkie1501

mins ago by Sparkie1501 0 Votes

Hi, it is interesting that I still have a can of the ORIGINAL Campbell's Chicken Gumbo Soup ( expires 2012) and contacted Campbell's. I spoke to one of the executives who contacted their marketing, and development dept about the change. He looked at the label of the" new LIGHT" product and guess what ? The Light version of Chicken Gumbo soup is NOT LIGHT!! We matched ingredients and actually the REGULAR version is less calorie, less sodium and less carbs. SO WHO DO these large companies think we are ? LIGHT Products are known to be not as good as the original ones. American's over eat because food is everywhere, so light appeals to people. For Campbells it is all about money not health or their original recipes!! It all boils down to eating healthy and from labels the ORIGINAL CHIICKEN GUMBO was FAR healthier than their new LIGHT product.
                    See for yourself, Original product Label states: Calories per serving 2.5 = 60
                    fat cal. =10 Total fat= 1 gm, sat. fat= 0.5 gm, polyuns.fat= 0, Cholest =5 mg, Sodium=870, carbs =10 gm, fiber= 1 gm
                    sugar = 2 gm, protein =2 gm
                    Now check your light labels !! Compare and lets start a campaign to get the ORIGINAL BACK I miss my slopply joes and so do alot of others.

sugar = 2 gm, protein =2 gm

Campbellschicken gumbo soup reg. condensed

Campbells makes a regular condensed Chicken Gumbo soup that I have used in my sloppy Joe recipes for over 25 yrs and so has my family and friends. This made the best slopply joes we ever had.
                  I can no longer find it and the only thing I can find is the LIGHT version which sucks. It is soupy, runny and you cannot make good sloppy joes with it anymore.

Why do big companies ruin a good recipe when it works great?
                  Why do they think LIGHT is healthier when it actually is NOT?
                  It contains far more chemicals and additives than regular condensed soups.

IF I have to and they do not continue to make this soup regular style, I will switch all my soups to another brand.

JonoTheLizard Sep 03, 2012

Here in the UK Campbells Cream of Chicken "Selections" is absolute ###. I am cross because their UK Micky Mouse operation treats this fact as a joke. They are DISHONEST anyway since they declare 1percent "chicken" but I estimate about 50percent potato and 45percent water. Its crap anyway.
                      The brand is dead

• He
                      Heywood Jablowme Sep 04, 2011

Mrs Grass in box? What about Grass in a Ziploc baggie? That will make you feel so much better!

• Cy
                      Cynthea Sep 03, 2011

I have been feeling poorly frequently the past few months and have eaten several cans of Campbells chicken Noodle soup and have to remove most of the chicken due to it being covered it fat!! I registered a complaint and received their automated response! Very disappointed. I grew up with Mrs Grass in box and loved it!! Also had the chicken rice soup will have to go back! It would be better to have no chicken than all that horribly prepared chicken which was half fat in the Campbells Chicken Noodle soup!

• De
                      debbie_lou_n Jul 03, 2011

I agree 100% with you. I don't understand why they made the change and why they haven't switched back to the original recipe. I seriously doubt if Campbell's Chicken Gumbo Soup was all that unhealthy and would not be surprised to learn that most cans sold were for that sloppy joe recipe we all love and miss.

• 58
                      583586 Nov 07, 2010

op's grocery must have gotten mexicos shipment

• Sh
                      shaz83 Nov 07, 2010

yeah so i was just eating a bowl of cambells chicken noodle soup, and i got lots of little bits of meat and one big chunk of chicken with a pipe or vein tubey thing in it.. gross i wont eat any cambells products again!

Campbell's soupdon't kill your kidneys

If you have a cold or flu, do your kidneys a favor. Do not buy Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup. It's so salty you'll pass a stone after the 1st spoon. 27% sodium - "Less Sodium"?! Campbell's, why do you put so much salt? Flavor?! If you want to stay in business, you'll take heed of this post. No substitute for homemade soup. -- Los Angeles

• Ca
                        CampbellCares Jan 31, 2011

Hi GetItTogether1,
                        We were sorry to learn that you were so disappointed with this variety. Here at Campbell's we know that people are always looking for different options in their diets, so we created the Healthy Request and Select Harvest soup lines, which are lower in sodium. If we can help, please call us at [protected], Monday - Friday, from 9 AM to 7 PM EST.

• TrashyTrucker Jan 19, 2011

I agree with Anita! :)

Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup2 bad cans

I have used campbell's soups for 48 years. Chicken noodle is our favorite, but last week I got two cans and opened the first one and the soup base was a gold color and did not taste good. So I opened the second can and it was the same. That is so sad it has been changed. It is not nearly as good as it was.

• g friend Jan 21, 2011

I can't believe you eat this stuff!!! I don't even eat this stuff! It's so disguisting. Why don't you just try something else. You haven't even had ONE propblem in 48 years?!?!?! That's unbelievable.

Campbells Chicken Noodle Soup — plastic piece found

I peggy hunter found a piece of silver plastic in my soup. I am very stressed over this. I almost swallowed...