Complaints & Reviews

mold inside the can

I purchased a can of Campbells cream of Mushroom soup a couple of days ago from my local supermarket and when...

Lunenburg Food

bug found in soup

I purchased a can of Beef Noodle soup from a local grocery store in Brooksville, FL on 4/24/13, ( lot # of the can is included in the attached photo). As I opened up the can, I noticed something floating that did NOT look like a small piece of beef but instead appeared to have legs on it. As I scooped it out of the can I found that it did indeed have legs on it and it was NOT a small piece of beef but rather a small bug! (pic attached). As of today, I have officially banned Campbell's soup products

gross

Sickest thing EVER!
I have loved mushroom soup my whole life...untill toaday. My dinner this evening came with a mystery ingredient.
It was about 1cm, black, crunchy with hair!
I'm not kidding, the hairs were about 3cm long. Yes I puked when I pulled it out of my mouth.
Dear god tell me it wasn't a piece of rat. It seriously looked like a large nasty mole.
I will now join the group of horrified consumers who have eaten tainted products and will share my story.

plastic in soup

I bought a Family Size can of Vegetable Beef Soup and dumped it into the pan to cook it. There was a 4x3 "...

Elk City Food

defective product

I was buying split pea w/ham Cambell Soup. It says Condensate on the can and usually when I open a can I have to use a knife or spoon to empty the can of course because it is condensate, and I add a can of water as per instructions. So far I am satified if when I open a can I have to use a knife oe a spoon to empty it. The problem that I had and this it happened to me at leat 5 to 6 times this year is when I open a can and the can if full of liquid w/so little of split pea w/ham. I found out that I probably had only (2) two tea spoons of spli peas w/ham and this is unacceptable to pay $1.44 to $1.60 a can at Publix and been screwed with a watery can.

When you buy it you dont know what to expect till you open and if it not condensate what are you supposed to do, you cannot return it!! So you have to open an other can and hoping that this one is condensated and mix it with the watery one and hope to get the best of it. I love split pea w/ham Cambell Soup as long I get what I paid for it. This happened to me at leat 5 times this year and talking about last year that I had also the same problem a few times. I am asking the Company Cambell Soup to answer to me and send me something to compensate to their defaut product.

mold under lid

I pulled the plastic lid from the top of the container and found it covered in mold. This is not the actual lid to open the product, but the plastic lid used for heating. This is obviously a design flaw since the problem happened during shipment or storage. That doesn't change the fact that anything may enter the vent holes in the plastic lid during shipment and storage. This product should be wrapped in plastic for safety. I will not purchase any product with a vented lid again that is not wrapped in plastic.

mold under lid

madmax_va Sep 29, 2011

Yes... I never opened the seal.

madmax_va Sep 29, 2011

I had purchased it from Walmart last week.

• Sl
    SlayerGal Sep 29, 2011

Looks like there was a spill that wasn't noticed. Just take it back and they'll refund you.

Also, you can always remove the plastic cover before you buy it to double check the seal. I tend to do that with most items. Just never remove the foil seal, of course.

In the front of the cup, is there a hole in the seal? It looks like it goes in a bit. If so, that might be the cause.

hair in the soup!!!

I was enjoying a lovely dinner with my mother and she was eating Campbells steak and potato chunky soup. She...

chicken gumbo soup missing

Campbells gave us a recipe for Sloppy Joes many years ago in the 1960's containing Chicken Gumbo soup, it was the best recipe my family and many others nationwide have used over the years. After researching east and west coast, midwest people are looking for this soup and it no longer exists...they now have it marked light and say it is the same but their light soup has 70 calories their regular chicken gumbo had 60...now how is that light. They took the regular off the market and don't bother with the light version as it is all water based. Look for a good generic or contact Campbells [protected] and ask for someone in corporate. AT CS all you get is I will take your report. Sparkie1501

Sparkie1501 Jul 03, 2011

Hi, it is interesting that I still have a can of the ORIGINAL Campbell's Chicken Gumbo Soup ( expires 2012) and contacted Campbell's. I spoke to one of the executives who contacted their marketing, and development dept about the change. He looked at the label of the" new LIGHT" product and guess what ? The Light version of Chicken Gumbo soup is NOT LIGHT!! We matched ingredients and actually the REGULAR version is less calorie, less sodium and less carbs. SO WHO DO these large companies think we are ? LIGHT Products are known to be not as good as the original ones. American's over eat because food is everywhere, so light appeals to people. For Campbells it is all about money not health or their original recipes!! It all boils down to eating healthy and from labels the ORIGINAL CHIICKEN GUMBO was FAR healthier than their new LIGHT product.
    See for yourself, Original product Label states: Calories per serving 2.5 = 60
    fat cal. =10 Total fat= 1 gm, sat. fat= 0.5 gm, polyuns.fat= 0, Cholest =5 mg, Sodium=870, carbs =10 gm, fiber= 1 gm
    sugar = 2 gm, protein =2 gm
    Now check your light labels !! Compare and lets start a campaign to get the ORIGINAL BACK I miss my slopply joes and so do alot of others.

mins ago by Sparkie1501 0 Votes

sugar = 2 gm, protein =2 gm

chicken gumbo soup reg. condensed

Campbells makes a regular condensed Chicken Gumbo soup that I have used in my sloppy Joe recipes for over 25 yrs and so has my family and friends. This made the best slopply joes we ever had.
I can no longer find it and the only thing I can find is the LIGHT version which sucks. It is soupy, runny and you cannot make good sloppy joes with it anymore.

Why do big companies ruin a good recipe when it works great?
Why do they think LIGHT is healthier when it actually is NOT?
It contains far more chemicals and additives than regular condensed soups.

IF I have to and they do not continue to make this soup regular style, I will switch all my soups to another brand.

• Sh
    shaz83 Nov 07, 2010

yeah so i was just eating a bowl of cambells chicken noodle soup, and i got lots of little bits of meat and one big chunk of chicken with a pipe or vein tubey thing in it.. gross i wont eat any cambells products again!

• 58
    583586 Nov 07, 2010

op's grocery must have gotten mexicos shipment

• De
    debbie_lou_n Jul 03, 2011

I agree 100% with you. I don't understand why they made the change and why they haven't switched back to the original recipe. I seriously doubt if Campbell's Chicken Gumbo Soup was all that unhealthy and would not be surprised to learn that most cans sold were for that sloppy joe recipe we all love and miss.

• Cy
    Cynthea Sep 03, 2011

I have been feeling poorly frequently the past few months and have eaten several cans of Campbells chicken Noodle soup and have to remove most of the chicken due to it being covered it fat!! I registered a complaint and received their automated response! Very disappointed. I grew up with Mrs Grass in box and loved it!! Also had the chicken rice soup will have to go back! It would be better to have no chicken than all that horribly prepared chicken which was half fat in the Campbells Chicken Noodle soup!

• He
    Heywood Jablowme Sep 04, 2011

Mrs Grass in box? What about Grass in a Ziploc baggie? That will make you feel so much better!

JonoTheLizard Sep 03, 2012

Here in the UK Campbells Cream of Chicken "Selections" is absolute ###. I am cross because their UK Micky Mouse operation treats this fact as a joke. They are DISHONEST anyway since they declare 1percent "chicken" but I estimate about 50percent potato and 45percent water. Its crap anyway.
    The brand is dead

don't kill your kidneys

If you have a cold or flu, do your kidneys a favor. Do not buy Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup. It's so salty you'll pass a stone after the 1st spoon. 27% sodium - "Less Sodium"?! Campbell's, why do you put so much salt? Flavor?! If you want to stay in business, you'll take heed of this post. No substitute for homemade soup. -- Los Angeles

• TrashyTrucker Jan 19, 2011

I agree with Anita! :)

• Ca
    CampbellCares Jan 31, 2011

Hi GetItTogether1,
    We were sorry to learn that you were so disappointed with this variety. Here at Campbell's we know that people are always looking for different options in their diets, so we created the Healthy Request and Select Harvest soup lines, which are lower in sodium. If we can help, please call us at 1-800-257-8443, Monday - Friday, from 9 AM to 7 PM EST.

2 bad cans

I have used campbell's soups for 48 years. Chicken noodle is our favorite, but last week I got two cans and opened the first one and the soup base was a gold color and did not taste good. So I opened the second can and it was the same. That is so sad it has been changed. It is not nearly as good as it was.

• g friend Jan 21, 2011

I can't believe you eat this stuff!!! I don't even eat this stuff! It's so disguisting. Why don't you just try something else. You haven't even had ONE propblem in 48 years?!?!?! That's unbelievable.

plastic piece found

I peggy hunter found a piece of silver plastic in my soup. I am very stressed over this. I almost swallowed...

mold in product

When I arrived, home from work yesterday, my husband called me into the kitchen. He had opened a can of...

2 comments Duncan Food

poor quality soup

When I opened the can of campbell's chicken gumbo lite soup, I was horrified. It was all water with no broth...

bug loving, and a worm too

So back on january 5th, 2010 I was enjoying my favorite soup, the creamy chicken and dumplings soup. I noticed something in it which turned out to be a beetle. Brown and abot 1/4"long, 1/8" wide. I called in and was asked how I had prepared the soup, if I had eaten it (sadly, yes) and would it be okay to compensate me. Seeing that I was out my $1.50 for the soup I said sure. I got an apologetic letter and coupons from them.

I told my dad about the beetle and he said never again in your life will you see that and chuckled.

I have not eaten soup since that day and purchased some over the weekend. Today is feb 3, 2010. I figured I would be okay to try the soup again and no kidding, I dumped the can into my pyrex bowl and the same beetle as last time comes flopping out. I called into campbles and spoke to a gal who ended up laughing with me because it is gross, she even said so. She also asked me to see if I could find any other beetles. When I glanced in the bowl I found a worm, a worm! So two for the price of one this time.

I had her look up the can info from my first run in and it is the same as the can I have now. So obviously nothing was done. How gross. The factory number is on the bottom of the can and in the lower left hand corner. It is p5.

She said she is going to send me out coupons, great. Like I used the ones from the time before. But really, there needs to be something done about this and seeing these other posts almost makes me want to cry!

inchworm floating on top inside of can

I opened a can of campbell's select harvest clam chowder and found an inchworm floating on top inside the can. I thought it was dead, but I scooped it out and it was very much alive. I called campbell's and they took down my information and offered to send me a coupon. I refused any coupons, because I can never bring myself to purchase another one of their soups again.
I wanted to post this so that everyone is aware that it happened and if bugs in your soup is a turn-off avoid buying campbells.

• Jg
    jgood738 Nov 10, 2009

I didn't see the pic I posted so here it is.

• Ta
    tagil Jan 14, 2010

We just found a medium-sized beetle in our Campbell's Italian Wedding soup this evening. My wife vomited several times, though I tried to calm her with stories of war veterans surviving on insects. It failed. Too bad there's no real recourse. Campbell's has been such a "quality" name brand for a long time; this is unfortunate.

disgusting masses in soup

About a week or two ago, I went to wal-mart and purchased 10 cans of soup to take to work everyday for lunch...

15 comments Fruitland Food

flip-tops cans are a flop

The flip-top cans are no help to us older folks with weak fingers. I have to pry up the tab with a blunt knife because my fingers aren't strong enough to pull it up. Then I have to use the knife to slide around the lid to release it for the same reason. Then I have to wash off the blood where I cut myself on the lid. And finally the can rib prevents me from getting quite a bit of the contents out unless I puncture the can's side with an old v-point can or bottle opener. I hate to waste food but I also want to recycle clean cans, not something to draw vermin or create a stench. Give me the good old can opener any day! Or a normal rim for the old can opener as the bottom of a flip-top can.

a bad can of soup

I am a big Campbells fan. Thats all I buy. But the other day I opened a can of Clam Chouder soup and heated...

cans are too big to have pull tops

I have been going round and round with Campbells Soup company about the difficulty opening their soup cans (easier pull tops, right) especially the bigger, chunky soup cans. Last July I tried opening 2 cans of the Chunky soup, the first finally gave way but the second was very stubborn, using more force than should have been necessary, the can slipped and sliced the webbing between my thumb and index finger and severing an atery, of course requiring stitching. I sent the bills totaling $729 along with pictures of my hand and the soup can to Campbells. I didn't want damages or time off from work paid for, I only wanted the hospital bill paid, their last offer was $250. HOW GENEROUS! Oh... they sent me 2 coupons for 20 cents off of my next purchase of 2 or more cans of Chunky Soup too!!!

• Ro
    Rooth Mar 02, 2009

They were too busy spending $60 million in their advertising campaign against Progresso. I am so sorry to hear about your injury. That is pretty shocking. More shocking is their disregard for your medical bills. Best wishes.

Christina Balke Jan 08, 2011

I bought Cambells`s Chunky Chicken Noodle soup and it was so BAD I to through it away. The chicken was hard and extreamly dry. the numbers on the can is 16775-902-4 910007001758. Since that I will no longer buy this soup which I was eating between 3 to 6 times a week. But no more will I eat this soup or any other from this Company. My e-mail is [email protected] I also have another can of thisn soup and don`t know what to do with this can.

Christina Balke Jan 08, 2011

The Cambell Chunky soup I at yesterday was the worst I have ever had. The chicken was dry and the soup tasted funny. In will no longer be eating Cambells soup. The numbers on the can are 16775-902-4 910007001758. I also have another can of this soup and not sure what to do with it. I was eating this soup 3 to 6 times a week but not any more.

• Ro
    robho Nov 10, 2013

i wanted to try the new cheese burger soup, . opened the can.. no problem. heated it in microwave.. no problem
    tasted it...yuk, tried another few spoonfuls to be sure. wow..holys^&T, who does the taste testing on this crap.

i put it down for the dog to try.. and he wanted no part of it either.

worst thing i ever tasted

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices