Complaints & Reviews

simple calls calling card

I bought a $10 calling card from www.CallingCards.com, I received an e-mail as a confirmation and it says that I'll be receiving a call for verification. I was waiting for the Call in which it didn't happened. So, I called their CS # at [protected] just to hear a recorded message that it is disconnected or no longer in service. That's when I realized, I am dealing with Scammers. In short, I canceled my Credit Card and request a replacement.
Please be careful out there, don't deal with this company.
I am now using : KeepCalling.com

bad service

Hi, Several months ago in April, 2018 I purchased $10.00 card on line to call my family in Europe. I tried...

8/16/2017
- Went to Callingcards.com and did a rate search for calling Trinidad and Tobago from USA
- Did $20 purchase of "Rising Sun" card for the advertised 444 minutes (from local number [protected] to foreign landline 1 686-663 -****
- upon connect, message stated 250 minutes remaining ??!? FAR from 444 advertised; even if the added $0.99 charge is considered!
- Made phone call to their support department where I was first told that there was a rate change, she would check with IT and get back to me
- after no response called several other time where I was placed on hold until I gave up.
- to this day, 09/03/2017 I have not received any added time, pro-rated refunds nor has that same advertised rate been adjusted!

It is clear that this company is engaging in false or at the very least deceptive advertising for the purpose of fraud...plain and simple! As I have not been able to attain a fix, or recompense, I continued to use the card to "get something out of it" .

Based on my experience and similar reported by others, I would like my minutes topped up to advertised (or refund) and the company scrutinized!

international calling cards/ rising sun

the old bait and switch routine

My wife callsThailand frequently from the USA, her old card had run out, I found this one on line. As it was new to me I didn't want to buy a lot of airtime, so glad I did. What a scam, the WorldCalls card that I had purchased advertised calls to Thailand at a very good rate (1.9 cents a minute) and offered 526 mins. for a $10.00 card. As soon as I got the phone set up to call I checked the minutes and found they had dropped mysteriously to 150 mins! That is without any calls, after making a call the minutes were almost gone, I actually could have called cheaper on a landline. After repeated phone calls to the company and numerous emails I gave up, it wasn't worth my time. Buyer beware, horrible company.

• Te
    Temple25 Sep 03, 2017

I agree and couldn't have said it better. I too got scammed and after several phone calls, I finally realized that getting my complaint resolved was a pipe-dream. Not only do they bait and switch, it's obvious to me that the support staff has been trained to avoid and frustrate. When not giving a song and dance about looking into it, they put you on-hold indefinitely. It's only AFTER I finally had enough that I did a search and discovered that I'm FAR from alone. My biggest concern though is that unlike impossible to regulate foreign scammers, the company appears to operate here in the United States. I question why they appear to still operate untouched when the FCC and other consumer regulatory groups can easily reach them? Still though, I am filing a complaint in the hopes that numbers will prompt these groups to ACT!

hidden charges

Purchased a $10 card several months ago to keep with me for infrequent use. I read all the literature before buying the card and did not see any maintenance fee listed - I'm an engineer so yes, I did read all the fine print. I finally had need to use it last week and found a zero balance. A call to the company identified a $0.99 PER WEEK maintenance fee (Talk USA card). I'm only out 10 bucks, but don't make the same mistake I did!

• Ke
    KerryJon Jun 16, 2015

You complaint is without merit since it is clearly stated in the More Info link that there is a weekly maintenance charge of .99 cents. If you really looked in the fine print, perhaps you should have just been looking in the in-your-face instructions.

poor quality callingcards & service

I purchased a calling card from this company to call two specific countries. The company website promoted the card I bought a one of the top two to call the countries. I expended an inordinate amount of time and energy repeatedly calling without any sound on the other end of the line. I estimate that I spent from total 5-10 minutes making multiple calls for each attempted contact, with each call taking 2-3 minutes (without a sound) before I tried again . Then I used a calling card from another company to try the same call and the call immediately went though!!! When I called callingcards.com customer service to explain the problems I was having, the rep seemed not interested in my feedback. Suggest you avoid callingcards.com

I Just filed a formal complaint against this company

customer service hung up on me twice

I purchased a calling card on callingcards.com. Within an hour I received an email to my Gmail account telling me I would receive a phone call asking for additional information. I gave my CCV to the callingcards.com representative that then called. She informed me that since I could not provide a work, school, or governmental institution email address, my order would have to be cleared by management. I asked how long this would take and she could not provide any timeframe whatsoever. After 6 hours I called back and after getting disconnected once I was still not able to get a timeframe on when I could get my calling card. This is starting to get irritating because I have already given my CCV out to a stranger over the phone.

The next day comes and I call calllingcards.com again at [protected]. I am then informed that my order was declined. They did not call me to let me know this and I have been waiting over 24 hours now to make my international call. I politely asked the representative why they would ask for my CCV and send me the ORDER ID to my Gmail address initiating the sale process when they never had any intention of completing the sale due to my inability to provide a work, school or government email address. She was very rude. Then she hung up on me.

Now I have to waste time checking my credit card statement to verify none of their charges show up in addition to wasting a day waiting for a calling card that will not come.

CALLINGCARDS.COM is a waste of time and quite possible a scam.

I Just filed a formal complaint against this company

overcharging every phone call that I made

NEVER EVER buy from callingcards.com!!! I bought a US$20 calling card from them, but everytime I made a call, when I check back the balance, they overcharged me. I had to call back to customer service every single time and ask them to adjust the balance, and the last two times I complained, they no longer credit back the minutes/$$ back to me.
The last call that I made was about 30 mins and the rate should just be US$0.088 a minute, I had about US$8.50 on the card when I started the call, but after I finished, I checked the balance and it was US$2.41!!! I've called back 4 times already and they still haven't corrected it, this company is a rip-off, they were just trying to play stupid and credit back the balance to you in the beginning saying it was just a mistake but this happens EVERYTIME!!!

James Blanchette Jul 24, 2011

I have the same problem, I am supposed to be charged 0.75 cents a minute and on the last call it worked out to 0.19 cents a minute
    now they are refusing to credit it back
    Every call that I have made it is the same problem

I need to be able to report this to the FTC in the uSA but I can't find out where

supplementary cost!!!

Do not buy this card to call from Mexico.

Line was busy most of the time plus you have to pay significant supplementary charge to call from a pay phone - more than doubles the rate per minute.

Buy a TelMex card once in Mexico instead. It works very well and the TelMEx payphone are everywhere.

Pierre

bad service!

Purchased a card in September 2007 specifically for use in New Zealand. Despite trying many pay phones there was not one where it would work for calls within New Zealand. A recording would come on that said the number was invalid but in each case when I went to a tourist center or begged help from someone else the number worked fine.

I could call back from a pay phone to the U. S. but the rate was 6 times the advertised price. I sent 5 emails to [protected]@callingcards.com and did not receive a single response.

• Tw
    T.W.S. Jul 04, 2010

CallingCards.com are crooks. They are a den of thiefs waiting for their next victim. Do not give them any of your monies. They double and triple their rates once on line and cut you time while talking . I have talked with everyone in their organization that would talk with without any help. If a word to wish is sufficient then read my WORDS again. Thanks Steve G. for this e-mail address.
    tws

• Tw
    T.W.S. Jul 04, 2010

Right on Target with those bad guys.

James Blanchette Jul 24, 2011

there call in center is in South America by the way

• De
    deoarby Mar 03, 2012

I used a calling code in Mexico. Each time, I followed the instructions very carefully. Each time, a recording gave me the balance on the card. The balance was being deducted down. I just received my phone bill and they charged me $72 for international calls.

• Vi
    vitaeterna Sep 25, 2015

It says on their website that "We email your Calling Card & PIN INSTANTLY", but in fact it can take up to 24 hours. Also, it says they have 24 hour customer service, but in fact they don't.

• Be
    Betsy Acuna Dec 14, 2019

You took money from my account but never gave me a pin #. I purchased a $10 card and $11 was taken out of my account. I received an email with a receipt, that's it!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices