California Family Fitnessundue charge

V

I called the gym to cancel membership, and was told I had to come in to cancel. Before I got into the club 4 days later, my credit card was tagged for a month's charge. I went into the club, canceled membership, and said I wanted a refund, and was told I had to call Customer Service. I called and spoke to a fellow and was told I had to give the club a 30 day notice of cancellation, so "no" the monthly charge would not be refunded as per my request. I asked to speak to the manager and still await a call back. At the time I signed up, I was told I could quit membership at any time, that it was month to month, and no mention what so ever there was this 30 day notice clause.

• Hc
    hcfrn Apr 23, 2013

Rate changed despite contract and without alert to the customer. Called "corporate headquarters" to cancel. Have been on hold for over 40 minutes. Save your money. Don't support dishonest business practices.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices