Menu

complaints

C-Date Complaints Summary

174 Resolved
272 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with C-Date, which has a below-average resolution rate, demands caution. Thoroughly assess their service reviews and explore how they handle unresolved complaints. If you encounter issues, document your experiences meticulously and be persistent in seeking resolutions.
File a complaint
Claimed
C-Date has claimed their business profile
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of C-Date. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages

C-Date complaints 446

Sort by:

Newest C-Date complaints

4:50 am EDT

C-Date Cancelling my account

I joined the site on the 4th and paid my monthly charge , I sent an email the next day confirming that I no longer wanted to be on the site and cancel it immediately given the 7 fmdays that they require, I have had one email at 4am saying sorry your goi g but send an email to confirm your notice and we will be in touch , still waiting to hear

I worry as the reviews say the company is a scam and they get a debt collection company involved

I have asked them again today to please cancel my account also noticed one review went to a solicitor I hope I don't have to go this route

Desired outcome: Want this to be cancelled and stop the stress I'm feeling

I
7:49 am EDT
C-Date has left an official reply on this complaint.

C-Date The platform is nothing but a con

Joined to find it was bots and sec systems tried to leave following your instructions thought I had but months later I have a “eagle firm” chasing and threatening me. I want someone at your company to contact me asap to discuss, as lokkkbg at the many many reports your business is nothing but a con to threaten people after they think they have cancelled into parting with money.

Desired outcome: Leave me alone before I report you to every possible trading standards organisation.

Update by IJS 79
Jun 05, 2023 6:31 am EDT

There was no proof I followed the instructions and had it confirmed as cancelled on screen no emails etc. I rightfully thought that was all done, no other contact was received from CDate until months later when a German law firm contacts me and starts harassing and threatening legal. Clearly a con.

R
8:05 pm EDT

C-Date C date app

Hi there its me shazi i have a membership on c date app resgistered on the following email address: [protected]@gmail.com

As im not using this service now but still an amount of 40 uk pounds is charged from my account as i requested to cancel the membership 2 weeks ago please cancel this membership and refund the amount into my account as im no more interested in using this app im a student having huge financial crisis. So kindly help me and cancel this membership

regards,

My name : jagjit singh

Date of birth 07/11/1985

Email : [protected]@yahoo.com

Status : premium

I m member of c-date since 01/04/2023 .

I paid £9.99 on 06/04/2023 for first month subscription. Then I try to delete my account. Can’t able to do that . Message came contact [protected]@c-date.co.uk

I send email to delete my account on 06/05/2023. No response.

U took £39.99 on 06/05/2023 without my permission. I want to delete my account, cancel subscription and my money back . Thanks

Desired outcome: Money back £39.99 . Cancel subscription, account deleted.

4:49 pm EDT

C-Date Money back

My profile name is jagjit singh. My address is 107 The Crossways, Hounslow, TW50JJ. Email : [protected]@yahoo.com.my profile name is Jack. i m member since 01/04/2023. I subscribe on 04/04/2023 for 1 month £9.99. I tried to delete my profile but couldn’t do it. I send email on 06/05/2023. No response. But they taken 39.99 on 06/05/2023 from my account without letting me know. I want my money back . I send email to them but no response. Please give me my money back. Thanks

Desired outcome: Money back , cancel subscription, delete profile.

1:48 pm EDT

C-Date Unable to cancel

Hello my name is John I've signed up for C-date on the 24 7.22 and paid a 1 month subscription and my contact ID is: GB 203_05_27_[protected] cdate. dn. After I've joined I've read the reviews of the site and I cannot believe on what I saw, people having trouble on cancelling their membership and getting automatically charged up.

I've sent emails to [protected]@c-date.com and had a email from them yesterday about a cancellation it's because I wish to cancel my membership. It tells me that the essential way to do it is a cancellation online form, to start of go to my membership and click (change) but when I clicked on membership it still says that my Account will be visible in the few days and it's already been past a few.

The other option is to fax them in which I've tried, left them a message saying I requested to cancel my membership and mentioning my contact ID as well. The email also tells me to post to them with the required address of the company but I don't know if it's just a cancellation form that I have to send or can I write a letter to them about cancellation.

I received an email saying I owed them money which I did as as I cancelled the direct debit through my bank.

On the email I received from c date it stated that my cancellation would be accepted once the outstanding dept was paid which I have done.

Would you be able to confirm this has happened.

Why has not the fsc looked into this company they seem so poor with all the complaints.

Desired outcome: Just to confirm that my cancellation has been accepted and this poor company c date is recognised for extremely poor customer relations

G
3:41 pm EDT

C-Date Subscription that I didn’t take out

Hi, I received an e mail about collection of monies which I duly paid straight away and requested an end to my subscription that I actually never took out . Unsurprisingly you have now asked for more monies and did not reply to my message that I sent you about all this 3 days ago. I hit the pay now button on your email of Sunday 14th May ref GB-2023-05-14-[protected]-CDATE-CB. I only paid you because I fear that my wife will find out what I stupidly did back in Dec and paid for what I thought was one months subscription and now want you out of my life .please recheck with payments and a reply to my e mail of Sunday 14th which you have also chosen to ignore and have now upped the amount requested from

£49.90 to £89.80. The £49.90 was paid on Sunday and that should be the end of it . Evidence below but you can search for my e mail quite easily Please confirm . Thank you

Desired outcome: End subscription and accept the £49.90 that you asked for 3 days ago that I paid also 3 days ago and please I implore you to then leave me alone

V
2:17 am EDT
C-Date has left an official reply on this complaint.

C-Date Threatening emails about cancelling my Subscription.

On the 9th April I signed up for one months subscription to C-Date. I then tried to cancel and the website would not allow me to do this, so I emailed as per their terms to cancel my subscription. On 17th April I emailed their service team to cancel my subscription (ticket number Ticket#[protected]). I was told to cancel through the website. Which I told them I could not. I then received to further contact. This was within 14 days of my first payment and I only paid for one month.

I have now received a threatening email saying they will pass on my debt to a collection agency.

First of all, I have no debt. I only paid for one month.

Second of all I cancelled within 14 days of renewal via email as specified in the T&C's and have email proof of this. If Cdate needed more information they have plenty of time to request it but ignored me.

I just want to be left alone and have my subscription and account deleted in line with data protection.

Desired outcome: As above. Cancellation and data deleted

D
1:00 pm EDT

C-Date Cancellation

I just want my cancellation done , The Premium membership stopped and the account deleted . This whole thing is causing me extreme anxiety and a whole lot of stress and I'm close to doing something stupid . The cancellation/ending of membership is utterly ludicrous and damned near impossible and bordering , if not illegal under UK regulations . I'm more than willing to pay whatever is owed if only someone would actually reply .

Desired outcome: Cancellation of account

T
9:57 pm EDT

C-Date Effective Asian Dating Sites In The UK Capable Of Allowing Exchange Of Personal Contact Details To Fix Face To Face Meetings In The UK.

For me it is imperative to engage with a UK Based Asian Lady Dating Site ONLY, capable of facilitating permission for exchange of contact information so a face to face meeting or blind date can be arranged. If the *Data Protection Act" precludes this then tactical adjustments should be made to counteract the frustration the *DPA will typically create. The dating organisation could consider club meets and safety chaperones to counteract it's otherwise inflicted

impotence the rules create.

Desired outcome: Overall regarding an effective dating site Asian ( ONLY ) I would be able to meet an Asian Ladyfor a serious long term relationshipin the UK ( ONLY )

A
3:47 pm EDT

C-Date Scam site

Dear C-date

After reading hundreds of negative reviews regarding your site. Please be advised I cancelled your repeat subscription (which was not described as being a reoccurring subscription but a 1 month trial). I have instructed PayPal to not allow any further payments to be made to you.

As I only subscribed, and cancelled my membership today (4/5/23) there is no need for you to take any further payments or attempt to pursue further funds via a debt recovery company.

I have emailed you the above and I’m aware you rarely reply to emails. So pleased accept this as my desire to cancel my membership and have no further dealings with your company.

Thankfully as I live in the UK, this email can be used as evidence to protect myself from any unlawful attempt from yourselves to pursue money from me.

Please respond to this complaint on here or to email send to you today at 20:40 (4/5/23)

12:16 pm EDT
C-Date has left an official reply on this complaint.

C-Date I asked to cancel my account

I joined c date on a month trail I then requested to cancel my account which was ignored I lost my job and couldn’t pay another month I emailed c date saying it wasn’t right for me and found it difficult to cancel I asked if you could help me cancel but I got no response so I emailed back and said I wish to cancel and I can’t afford to pay now I’m having to get legal aid and because I’m disabled and have health problems this is not helping I can’t understand why I have to pay for a service I haven’t used it’s beyond me see you in court this is from the date 2/11/2022

Desired outcome: I want my debt removed and my information deleted

8:49 am EDT
C-Date has left an official reply on this complaint.

C-Date Termination and cancelation of membership

I signed up to c-date (25,3,23)on a promo trial basis but now I'm wanting to have my account terminated and the membership cancelled . I have attempted to cancel my membership myself but there is no way of doing this on the app. There are options to do this via email ,fax and post .I have chosen to do this by email .

I have sent a notice of termination requesting my membership and account to be removed(this is not easy!) This was on the 26,4,23 .

I have already had a payment taken from my PayPal £39 which is fine as its in the terms and conditions but I don't want be forced to pay any more money for something I don't don't trust no more .

It is very frustrating reading about similar issues making something so simple so difficult to do.

I have stopped auto payments on PayPal as I feel I have no choice but protect my finances with unwanted charges.

I have also made it clear I will be seeking legal guidance and I will also be pursuing this further with the Uk fraud prevention services (CIFAS) if it doesn't get resolved swiftly.

Been in the UK I am protected by the consumer rights act and I should have the ability to cancel or amend any service as a consumer with ease.

Regards

Simon

Desired outcome: Termination and cancelation of both the account and membership

Read full review of C-Date and 2 comments
May 07, 2023 8:38 am EDT

Been a few days now and I've had no emails or anything saying I owe them anything . I hope on the 25th it will be showing cancelled and I can relax

Apr 28, 2023 2:47 am EDT

I have just received an email showing my subscription is cancelled and I won't see any other attempt of payment. My premium membership says it will end on 25,5,23 . I will continue to keep records of all communication until I am certain this is true on or after 25,5,23 .

Apr 27, 2023 5:35 am EDT

Any update would would like to get this issue sorted ASAP as it is really stressing me out now . I havnt slept at all .

Apr 27, 2023 5:33 am EDT

Hi it would be great to hear a response so I can get the issue sorted as soon as possible as it is stressing me out too much .

2 comments
Simeon Markov
May 03, 2023 4:21 am EDT

Hi there.

What's new...

Long story short,

Please terminate my membership and cancel

subscription.

Leigh Davies
May 09, 2023 8:08 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I’m in same situation I’ve got a debt collection agency after me now and I only used what I paid for what’s that all about impossible to cancel I hope you get it sorted

X
7:54 am EDT

C-Date Unauthorized billing / failure to cancel subscription

Like many others on here I took out a trial membership and then cancelled immediately (I have the email) 4 weeks later I was billed via PayPal for £39.90 despite having no account with the company. I have emailed many of their email addresses including one listed on trust pilot. I have received no replies.

Failure to resolve the below issues will instigate a PayPal grievance and legal proceedings.

Desired outcome: Full cancellation of account , refund of incorrectly taken PayPal payment, removal of all future debits and email confirmation of the above

7:03 am EDT
C-Date has left an official reply on this complaint.

C-Date Debt passed to eCollect and the to Themys and [censored] but they don't respond to emails

I originally couldn't cancel my membership to C Date after I realised it was a scam. I tried, but failed. I stopped my direct debit as I am allowed to in the DD agreement. They then sold the debt to eCollect who refused to give me details of the original charges. Now Themys and [censored] lawyers have bought the Debt. It was a scam in the first place, but they keep harassing me for money that I can't owe as I didn't use the service and they've added on fees. I offered a settlement and they didn't reply.

Desired outcome: The lawyers stop harassing me

T
11:53 pm EDT

C-Date 19 oct 2022 I cancelled my membership but now been chased by ecollect

I tried to cancel my membership on the app on 18th Oct 2002, so I used email address I found in the mobile website and sent this in on the 19th Oct 2022. Now I am being chaise for 204 euros. I sent the email to Ecollect but they still say it is wrong. I resent another email yesterday cancelling my membership.

I joined this website a year and six months ago, now I am being chaise by a debt collection company in Germany. I tried to cancel my membership on the app, which was impossible, so I wrote to them via their email which was advertised on the application, but now they are saying the email was incorrect. The whole experience is a dreadful. I did try to make a payment to a Ecollect yesterday, but it failed. I am worried that Ecollect are a scammer. It feels like a scam business.

I join the website because they were advertising on Facebook and it was good. It looked well designed website. How can you have a website you can join online, but you cannot cancel your membership online. Why do you not have an example of a letter on the website so your customers can cancel membership attached to a website?
Ecollect Number 9293BND6

Desired outcome: Not pay ecollect fees and cancel my membership

Update by TimetoComplain
Apr 28, 2023 7:37 am EDT

I paid your DEBT COMPANY. The debt management company is NOT interested in talking to me its your responsibility, as I paid this fee.

I have requested you close my account, with hand written letter as in your instructions on your terms and conditions.

[edited]

Please send an EMAIL confirming my account HAS BEEN DELETE for my records. rather sending me an email "Our department is no longer responsible for your case".

I do NOT want to do business with your company at all.

PLEASE CLOSE THE ACCOUNT.

Update by TimetoComplain
Apr 24, 2023 9:38 am EDT

I have sent email to YOUR COMPANY, hand written letter, scanned and send in as PDF requesting that my account to be closed.

What guarantees that my account will be closed?

11:34 am EDT

C-Date C-Date

I was notified by my bank of a suspicious charge on my account. When I looked into it I found that it was for a membership charge for an account I was unaware of (fraudulently created). The bank stopped the charge & it was raised as a fraudulent charge. I attempted to contact C-Date on numerous occasions but only ever got automated responses with a 'ticket number'.

I tried to cancel the account but the option to cancel via the website wouldn't work as the account was 'locked' as it was in arrears.

I emailed again, & still no response.

They have now passed this over to their debt collection agency who contacted me by post from Germany & gave me 2 days to hand over £200+ for processing fees.

Desired outcome: Close the account & stop chasing for fees they're not owed.

Update by Simian
Apr 21, 2023 6:52 am EDT

I responded to you in good time & you failed to reply instead passing it off to your external collection agency regardless.

I have responded to them & they just state pay up or else! A shabby excuse of a company who hides behind poor communication & heavy handed bullying techniques...

M
1:39 pm EDT

C-Date Cdate ,dating app

I have cancelled my subscription of this app and now that are sending treating letter from a debt collection company about collecting 195euros.

I cancelled this account back in December and on used it for a day as it was not very good.

And it is having an affect on my mental health.

Ref GB-2022-12-04-[protected] .

And to stop this site from these actions on anybody esle

Desired outcome: Cancel account and stop sending letters

Read full review of C-Date and 2 comments

2 comments
Stewart Bright
Apr 20, 2023 12:40 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have emailed this so called company ecollect.org with screenshot of cancellation and they have not even sent me and email.i have tried to call them but what a surprise no answer if this is a fake account that takes your details to then go and purchase things with your info I am waiting for action fraud uk to get back me

Stewart Bright
Apr 18, 2023 6:46 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have you had a response yet

3:04 am EDT

C-Date C date

I signed up for 1 month membership not to renew afterwards I used this site a few times and decided this wasn't for me.i cancelled my subscription after the month I have a screenshot to prove this then 4 months later received a debt collection form on the 17/4/23 and I must pay by 19/4/23 I cancelled my credit card with my bank as my information and banking details were being used in Germany while iam in the UK please respond to this complaint Mr bright

Desired outcome: I would like this resolved ASAP no further contact to me please wipe all my personal information from your system my email stewart.[protected]@gmail.com

Update by Stewart Bright
May 30, 2023 1:35 pm EDT

Hi they are still send me det collection notice after I sent proof of cancellation

10:26 am EDT
C-Date has left an official reply on this complaint.

C-Date Could not cancel subscription and also have sent debt agency

I signed up to c.date for a 1 month trial for £1 after spending some time with the website I soon realised that it was a fake dating site and went to cancel and delete my account.

I was unable to cancel my subscription other than with fax.

So I sent them a email requesting for my sub and account to be terminated, as I do not own a fax machine nor do I know how to use one.

I received no response other that more spam emails, I tired to delete my account again but what they don't tell you is that they keep the subscription running even if you delete your account.

I assumed that it was sorted but after a month they charged me £49 I had no confirmation no emails of such a charge.

That is when I blocked payments with Paypal.

It has been more than 6 months and now I have received a letter from a debt collator company from Germany called eCollect stating I owe c.date £194.59.

I have been in touch with the debt collector company but even they have a bad reputation witch makes me even more unsettled.

I recently tried to log into c.date to see if I could do something and I can not even log in I am blocked, I have emailed them again at the email that was on the blocked page and nothing...

I can see by how many others that this is a scam and am going to report this to https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Also be careful about the debt collators they eCollect does not seem trustworthy.

Desired outcome: For this to all stop and my account at c.date and any fraudulent claim to money to be dropped.

Read full review of C-Date and 1 comment

1 comment
E
E
emily222
london, GB
Apr 20, 2023 5:48 pm EDT

have you had any response yet?

How to file a complaint about C-Date?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account to proceed. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with C-Date. Make it specific and clear, such as "Unauthorized Subscription Renewal on C-Date" or "Difficulty Cancelling C-Date Membership".

4. Detailing the experience: Provide a detailed account of your experience with C-Date. Mention key areas such as customer service interactions, the clarity of subscription terms, issues with account management, or any discrepancies in charges or services received. Include specific dates and descriptions of the problem. If you have had transactions with the company, describe them and include any relevant details such as amounts, dates, and the nature of the transaction. Clearly outline the steps you have taken to resolve the issue with C-Date and their responses or lack thereof. Explain how this issue has personally affected you, whether it's financial loss, stress, or time wasted.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents that support your complaint, such as email correspondence, screenshots, receipts, or statements. Do not include sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy or security.

6. Filing optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial losses incurred due to the issue with C-Date. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking, whether it's a refund, service cancellation, or another form of redress.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint to ensure that it is clear, accurate, and complete. Check for any spelling or grammatical errors, and verify that all the information provided is correct and relevant to your complaint.

8. Submission process: Once you are satisfied with your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to send your complaint to ComplaintsBoard.com for review and publication.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint, regularly check your account on ComplaintsBoard.com for any responses or updates. You may receive feedback from other users or even a response from C-Date addressing your complaint.