Burlington Coat Factoryrude in store customer service

M

Hello, my complaint is towards Burlinton's Coat Factory "inhumane" employees/staff. I have been shopping in this store for many years, and it will be my last, due to rudeness and an "inhumane" act towards myself, my family and one that I witnessed towards a young couple. On so forth to my story, my family and I had shopped in the store earlier and left to shop around the other stores, as the mall was closing we walked towards Burlington Coat Factory once again to go to our car because we had parked it right in front of the store's parking lot. The "Manager" and another employee told us that we couldn't go in anymore due to security purposes that only allowed them to let people out (of course, I thought) but not in anymore. I beg them to please let us go in to get to our car because I had to take my small children out in the freezing temperature as we would have to go around the whole mall just to get to our car when it was just parked right in front of their store. I had my newborn, my 2year old and my 6 year old whom's Asthmatic and they would still not let us go back in to get to our car. Here's my biggest anger towards the store's "supposedly" not letting people back in policy, as I was begging to the store's "Manager" and another employee some other customers left the store but turned around and asked if they could still go back inside to go to their car which the other employee immediately said "oh yeah, of course" I felt very upset and asked the manager why would they let those people go in but not us, as we also had been customers earlier? Her "dumb" response was "they were just in here" I asked " what is the difference? If they had already gotten out of the store just like us!". So where does their "not letting people go back into the store policy" go into effect? I believe, Store Policies should be equal towards everyone. Another incident right around the same time was of a young couple that had left their car keys cars inside the store and were also "begging" to let them back in to look for them, as they knew the spot were they might have left them. The "Manager" of course said no, she asked the young couple to leave their name and phone number and she would call them if their keys were found! The young couple then exclaimed " hello, I need my keys to go back home!" the "Manager" said, "well it's not our fault that you lost them" I was like "wow" how rude and stupid for her to reply back to them like that. I ask that Burlinton Coat Factory be equal to everybody. By the way, my kids got a cold due to the long walk around the mall in the freezing temperature.

• Mi
    Millyjg Nov 07, 2011

Peter Brockman and icu2, in the first place I ask you for a little more respect as I would never call a person ignorant if I have not met them in person. What gives you the right to call me ignorant and irresponsible when you do not know if my kids were wearing a jacket or not! Ignorance if those whom don't ask questions, did you ask me if my kids were wearing jackets or not? For your information, the reason that we were at Burlington Coat Factory was to donate the store many jackets for their annual coat drive, the reason that I did not mentioned it in my complaint it's because I'm not the type of person whom mentiones those types of things. But if I purchased from them and donated many coats they could at least have the politeness to let us in. Peter Brockman what gives you the right to call me a failure as a parent?!!! When the failure may be yourself for not having respect towards people as you don't know one bit of what type of a person I am with my kids. icu2 I know that colds are not caught by the weather as I'm "germafobe" myself, colds are also caught by people whose immune system is weakened by the cold weather such as asthma sufferers like my children. Thank you both though for your opinions towards my complaint. Have a great week to come, GOD bless your family and I hope you guys never go through that ordeal or get stranded in cold weather wishing to take cover in some place warm.