Burberryjacket cleaning

B

I purchased a Burberry Jacket from one of your outlets at Freeport Braintree December 2008.
I only wear it on limited occasions, above the collar becomes very stained and "grimey". I also wear a Lacoste jacket of similar material without any "staining".
This jacket has been dry cleaned 3 times but becomes stained very quickly after dry cleaning.
I would expect the appearance of a quality manufactured jacket from Burberry to last longer than two or three "wearings" before requiring cleaning.
I have attached a picture of the jacket collar area.
Look forward to suggestions to resolve the complaint/problem.
Emailed to Burberry 31st. January

Reply 17th. Febuary

Thank you very much for your email. Please accept our sincere apologies for the delayed response.
Consulting our quality department for quality control, we have been advised that this staining is wearing tear rather than manufacturing fault.
After every dry cleaning, the fabric of the jacket is usually fading, since dry cleaning destroys the fiber. This is the reason why the jacket would stain more and more easily after each dry cleaning.
Usually, Burberry's dry cleaner is reproofing jackets and trench coats after dry cleaning in order to protect the fiber and make it more resistant against stains.
Regrettably, we are unable to help with the jacket, since it is out of Burberry's one year warranty.
We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause to you.
For further assistance please contact our customer service associates on +[protected] or email us again at [protected]@burberry.com

Kind regards,
Customer Services Advisor - Retail UK/Europe.

My responce

If your quality control department is admitting to fading because of dry cleaning,
why oh why do you use material that requires dry cleaning!!!
I am not happy with your explanation, I am an active subsciber to Which magazine, I am considering involving their expertice in the matter.

Looking forward for an acceptable solution to a problem that should not be evident to a "leader" in fashion apparell.

Reply 4th. March

Dear Mr. Stewart,
Thank you very much for your response and please accept our sincere apologies for the delay of our response.
Please be assured that we treat all complaints very seriously and that the appropriate action will be taken to ensure that this matter is being investigated.
Furthermore, we have contacted our Quality Assurance department at our head quarter in order to seek a convenient solution to this incident. The Quality Assurance department has advised us that they would like to take a closer look at the garment.
Therefore we would kindly advise you to send the mentioned jacket to our Quality Assurance department
They will inspect the jacket and will provide you with feeback as soon as possible.
We hope this meets you well.
Kind regards,
Customer Services Advisor - Retail UK/Europe

Phoned again 30th. March
Once again promises; refuse to give contact details of supervisor

jacket cleaning

• Au
    audreysiew Apr 22, 2014

First round I have bought a men's belt around rm 500+ and a handbag small bidle house check tote bag rm3, 450.00. After 1 week went to KLCC to fix the belt due to the side open in to two. When I received the belt, OMG I cant believe the workman wrk. They only glue the open side and the glue stain is at the behind of the belt, patches, patches. I took back and return to KLCC and there is no more stock. So KLCC staff ask me to change another item. OK I have change to men's short sleeve.
    Then after that my bag only wear for 2 weeks there is bubble on the side. I have to go to KLCC again to check. They took my bag and call me back and told me I can exchange for another bag. i wanted the same bag but no more stock. So I have no choice again to choose another bag. I want to choose the same price but there is no bag that I like. I ask the advisor when is the due date to change the bag. He mention 2 days only. But there is no bag that I prefer at the same price. They cant refund the money to me. So at the end I have to choose the Leather small signature grain hbo bag and it cost me RM5695.00 I have to top up money again. So I did ask the advisor why is the worksman ship so bad. The reply I get is I ONLY SELL THE BAG, I DO NOT DO THE BAG. OMG... such a branded out let and I get this service. Nevermind. after 2 days I went back to KLCC again coz the shoulder strip thread coming out. I have to change again. and I ask he advisor again, if the bag other things coming out and I need to return I m not going to change. I want REFUND. Coz there is no more bag that I like, Don't tell me I have to top up again. Advisor say that This is not they policy. I have to refer to the head quaters. This IS REALLY BAD. The Service and the WORKMANSHIP. PLease advise. If anything happen to my leather bag like the thread or other things want can I do. I have no confidence already. Please advise. This is very serious for me.

• Je
    JessTan Dec 12, 2013

I was ordering a jacket directly from one of Burberry branch in Singapore in order to save shipping cost $40. But I was so disappointed with the service i get from Burberry customer service and the branch service. Burberry customer service wrongly placed my order, giving me wrong information about the product and i should come and go to the burberry branch for 5 times to settle down the purchase. It supposedly delivered to the store since i know i wont be at home during the delivery take place. But then the delivery company, UPS delivered it to my house and give the wrong information everytime i call to the customer service. REALLY DISAPPOINTED!!! E-shopping should make our shopping more easier but it seems another way round.

• Sh
    Shiuan Dec 07, 2011

I bought from your esteem brand handbag at Pavilion Kuala Lumpur outlet and the sales person did informed to me, I may send my bag for "Polish service " at any Burberry outlet in the world. So disappointed that my request had been turned down when i came to Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam outlet . The staff informed to me, they don't give any polishing service !!!??????Kindly advise!