Burberrycustomer service

H

Its customer service makes me feel very disappointed. Burberry is known as the famous beautiful coats in the world and it has a long stand in the fashion industry. Long stand in the fashion industry which also means it has a lot of experience in the customer service. However, last couple weeks, I came to the store on the Spring street, Manhattan to ask if they had the LIGHTWEIGHT DOWN-FILLED FUR TRIM JACKET in store. They said they had it in Madison, Uptown Manhattan. The lady was really nice; she gave a call to that store to check if they actually had it in store and she said she did not want me to waste a trip to go up there without the coat in hold. I was pleaded at first. Then she gave me a number of the lady in the Madison store. On the same day, I gave a call to a lady in the Madison store to tell her to hold the coat. She said she would call me back when she had it. Yes, calling me back my ###! It has been two weeks, I had not received a phone call and when I called her back yesterday, there was a gentlemen said SHE IS IN VACATION. I am going to leave NY in a week or two that is why I'm in rush. Also, does she think wasting other person time is a great strategy to get customers attention? She may right about and she gets a complaint from me.
So the gentlemen who was in charge for her said he could help me about the situation. Guess what! They just ended up the same drama; after giving all the information and my phone number, he said he will call me back a moment later. Yeah his moment later was never. Again, we have been purchasing many coats, handbags, shirts and belts from this company; in other countries the customer service are very fast and promising. But I had to admit that customer service in the Madison, New York is a broken-promise customer service.

• Co
    Concerned! R Jan 06, 2013

During the month of December it just happened to be raining instead of snowing in Chicago. Before heading out to do a little Christmas shopping, I grabbed my Burberry umbrella. When I walked out of my building to head down Michigan Avenue, I noticed that my umbrella had a missing piece. I thought in my head, no problem, I will just take it to the new Burberry store and get it repaired. It would be my first visit to the 633 North Michigan Avenue store.

I walked into the store and I was directed to Jamie Bennett. Jamie looked at the umbrella and said, "oh, we don't have any of these umbrella pieces in the store." I said no problem, I can leave the umbrella so it can be sent out for repair. He explained that he didn't think Burberry was in the business of repairing umbrellas. I couldn't understand this concept. I asked Jamie to take my name and phone number and to get back to me with some answers about how I should go about getting my umbrella repaired. I have yet to hear from him. I have yet to go back to the store too.

I am a consumer of many high end products. In fact, during this same week I dropped a purse off a Gucci because of the lining. It wasn't my newest Gucci, but the sales consultant didn't care. She took the product and sent it out for repair. I had a Tiffany bracelet and the clasp was broken. Tiffany took the bracelet and repaired the item without charging me.

The bottom line is, I paid a lot of money for an umbrella that I can't use it when it rains. I did not ask for the umbrella to be repaired for free. I am offended that Jamie Bennett didn't think it was worth his while to contact me with an answer to my question. He couldn't be bothered with finding out where to repair a product I love. What Jamie doesn't know, is that the umbrella is not the only Burberry product I have in my closet. I'm also sure Jamie thought when I walked out of the door he would never hear about this again.

The interesting thing is that I called the store to speak with the store manager. I woman by the name of Nikita answered the phone and told me that she is not at liberty to give me that information. Nikita further explained that she could direct me to someone of the floor. Really?