Having problems with BudsGunShop.com?

BudsGunShop.com Customer Service Contacts

+1 859 368 0371 (Customer Service)
+1 859 368 0419 (Lexington, KY)
+1 865 774 2007 (Sevierville, TN)
+1 270 641 0753 (Uncle Lee's, Greenville, KY)
1105 Industry Road
Lexington, Kentucky
Sevierville, TN
2270 Two Rivers Blvd, Sevierville, TN 37876

Uncle Lee's, Greenville, KY
820 N Main St., Greenville, KY 42345

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with BudsGunShop.com Customer Service. Initial BudsGunShop.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for BudsGunShop.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about BudsGunShop.com. Discuss the issues you have had with BudsGunShop.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

BudsGunShop.com Complaints & Reviews

BudsGunShop.com — Barrel defective they refused to return

Bought a new 1100 Shotgun Barrel. It was defective. It takes a while to determine what the problem was. The...

BudsGunShop.com — Lying customer service agent

I ordered firearm from buds guns shop online. After selecting the one I was going to buy, buds guns shop...

Buds Gun Shop — Bought a new gun and received a used gun

I ordered an EAA Witness 45/22 Combo (999119) online through budsgunshop.com. I placed the order later in the...

Buds Gun Shop — Bad customer service

I placed an order for a gun on their website, and a few days later wanted to change the other. I was charged...

BudsGunShop.com — Breach of 90day layaway contact

This is in reguards to my complaint posted on Dec.22 2012.On Dec.23 2012, I was cotacted by a Budsgunshop.com...

BudsGunShop.com — Breach of 90daylayaway agreement

On Oct. 9 2012, I put on "90 day layaway" a Armalite AR-15 rifle and made a 20% payment ($180.00) of a sale...

Buds Gun Shop — Customer service

My last experience with Bud’s gun shop was very different then few years back, Customer service rep...

Buds Gun Shop — CZ 550

Sat. Sept 28th approx 11:30 in the P.M. I made a purchase of two rifles from "BUDS". Approx. 1-2 hours after...

Buds Gun ShopFalse product description

I ordered a shotgun a couple months ago that I was very happy with and wanted another one. The description on my order was 1 x Stevens 320SEC 12GA 18.5 CYL GRS. I did a search and found a number of guns with this description, but finally found one that had a picture that matched what I had ordered and received before. I placed the order for a second shotgun, but when it arrived it did not have the pistol grip. The FFL shipped it back to Bud's and the rep I spoke with said that yes the picture was wrong and they would ship me the correct gun.

Today I was contacted by a very rude supervisor that told me that the mistake was my fault and they would not ship me the correct gun, and instead are going to charge me $25 for shipping and a 10% restocking fee. I just want you to know that if this is how Buds handles the mistakes with their web page that not only will I no longer be dealing with Buds but I will also be making sure that all of my friends know of your response in this transaction. Very disappointing given the reputation that Bud's had worked to have in the shooters community.

Buds Gun ShopBad experience!

I will NEVER order from these people again and I suggest that you don't either. Did a bank transfer to save the CC surcharge, but also top expidite the payment and shipping. But then experienced an extreme lag time for shipping. AND the money was deducted from my bank account less than 2 days from the online purchase. Then trying to contact customer service and talk to an actual person is almost impossible. Check out other bad reviews at resellerratings.com for B.G.S. reviews and everyone is negative. Don't use these guys unless you want to be disapointed. Gallery Of Guns looks good for my next purchase and I have had good experiences with gunbroker.com too.

• Dd
        DDissatisfied Jun 03, 2016

Since Bud's deletes bad reviews from their site, avoids the bad Google reviews, and permanently deletes the account of anyone who gives them a bad review, I have joined this site specifically to write this about them. Just look at the extreme lack of professionalism and customer service in their responses to the bad reviews on this site, since they can't delete them like they normally would. Sorry, Bud, but you can't do anything about the private sites like this, the many gun forums, and the word of mouth that are all telling the truth about your bad business practices. You also can't avoid or deny the NUMEROUS BBB reports.

Also, I will not be reading or replying to any of the childish and unprofessional replies that I am sure this post will bring from them.

They will not match ANY prices on ANYTHING from ANYWHERE else. Their "price match guarantee" BS that they proudly plaster all over the site only covers the difference if the price were to drop within their own inventory, NOT any other stores. I've had at least 3 occasions where they would not match the price of an item, sometimes over something as small as $8. I have since purchased a firearm elsewhere for over $50 less than Bud's, where the price WENT UP after I asked if they would match. The staff is rude and will ignore you if you are unfortunate enough to be able to visit the "store", and they completely do not care if any customer is unhappy. From the many complaints I constantly see on gun forums and etc, they will tell people things like, "Cancel your order if you aren't happy. We don't care." So think about that if you are contemplating ordering from them.

If you are reading the many other complaints online, they are centered around their poor customer service and terrible shipping practices. Sure, some people have alright experiences with them, and I myself was even happy with them for a while, but ONE single bad customer service experience FAR outweighs a good one. I am not talking about a simple mistake here or there, I am talking about how they COMPLETELY do not care if they lose a customer, because they know another one will be along right behind him. Hopefully now we can use the internet, which has made them what they are, to put an end to it by spreading the word like this.

I say "store" because this is basically a bad drop ship type of setup. They don't even have 10/22 rifles on the shelf. So, when you order from Bud's, they take your money, wait for the gun to either be shipped to them from their warehouse or drop shipped from who knows where, then it sits in their "shipping" department for sometimes weeks (which means there was a mixup with their shady drop ship setup), then it finally goes out to you. After all of that, they ship things with with improper paperwork, the wrong model, or even a USED gun labeled as new. We are shipping guns here, not T-shirts. You just don't do that and get away with it.

Anyway, Bud's will argue the validity of complaints and point fingers all day long, but the bottom line is that a customer is not happy. A respectable business' reply to an unhappy customer should be "Ok, sir, we will fix that for you right away" whether they believe the complaint is valid or not. NOT "Cancel your order, then. We don't care."

Buds Gun ShopDelay in refund

As a first time customer at Buds gun shop I am having the worst experience so far when it comes to them refunded me my money. I tried to order a Mossberg 22 Tactical semi auto rifle and due to state regulations semi autos cant be shipped to CT. So they decided to refund me my money on the same day of purchase. Three days went by and I haven't received a refund so I emailed Buds Gun Shop to see what was taking so long for it to processed. Come to find out after my email was received by them they cancelled my scheduled refund and put a ticket out for a new refund to be processed. I waited 4 business days just for it to be cancelled so that I have to wait another 3-5 business days. so thats a total of 8-10 business days before i get to see my money back into my account. I tried calling to see if instead of giving me a refund let me purchase a shotgun and you guys can refund me the difference. "NO, we can't stop a refund once it's been in place". Who the hell stopped the first one then? I don't know what their product is like but their customer service sucks and lie too. Can I Have my money back!!! Here's my account number if you need it 471346

• Cr
          creature66 Oct 18, 2012

I feel your pain, after buds screwing up my order I demanded a refund, they never sent out any rifles, they claimed they had not yet received my money through my bank (my bank had already confirmed they had) than they told me that even though it was their mistake they were still going to charge me a 10% canc. fee. My bank called them and informed them what they were doing amounted to interstate fraud and buds "suddenly" agreed to refund my money in full, three weeks later and still no money. Luckily my bank is going to refund my account and contact the Attorney General for the state of KY

Buds Gun Shop — Overpricing

Attention shoppers: anyone scammed by the great scammers at bud's scam shop need to know that if they...

Buds Gun ShopTerrible customer service

I say "store" because this is basically a bad drop ship type of setup. They don't even have 10/22 rifles on the shelf. So, when you order from Bud's, they take your money, wait for the gun to either be shipped to them from one of their warehouses or drop shipped from who knows where, then it sits in their "shipping" department for sometimes weeks (which means there was a mix up with their shady drop ship setup), then it finally goes out to you. After all of that, they ship things with improper paperwork, the wrong model, or there is even at least one complaint of a USED gun that was labeled as new. You are shipping guns here, not T-shirts. You just don't do that and get away with it, at least not with any of the gun enthusiasts that I know.

Anyway, Bud's will argue the validity of complaints and point fingers all day long, but the bottom line is that a customer is not happy. A respectable business' reply to an unhappy customer should be "Ok, sir, we will fix that for you right away" REGARDLESS of the nature or validity of the complaint. NOT "Cancel your order, then. We don't care."

• Mi
            mizzou Mar 20, 2017

I just had a similar situation happen as to the original poster. I asked a question about an item and mentioned I was looking to buy. After receiving a satisfactory answer, I go back to the website to purchase and the price went up by about $100! Immediately asked about price increase and they of course give me the run-around about the demand pricing stucture they have. This isn't my first odd observation of buds. I watch their site a lot to feel out the market on certain items.

• Jr
            J. Roger Wells Aug 04, 2014

Purchased a weapon from Bud's Gun Shop and after attempting to fire the weapon it would not work.
            I got on line to their website and opened a case and never received a response.
            I called and was told that I would have to send the weapon back to the manufacturer.

After several gun a ammo purchases from Bud's, I will never spend a dime there again.

• Cl
            clkeith50 Mar 27, 2014

Well, I have to add a follow-up to my previous comment. Two hours after posting it, my LGS called and told me they received my gun. Bud's had it drop shipped by a third party who didn't notify them that it had been shipped. The poor communication was not due to Bud's. Not a great transaction, but not a bad one, either. I'll give them another chance next month.

• Cl
            clkeith50 Mar 26, 2014

What I am seeing is a definite deterioration in their service. I ordered
            a pistol in December, 2013 and it was received by my local dealer in four
            days. I ordered another one in January, 2014 and it, too, was received in four
            days. I ordered a rifle in February 2014 and the order status stayed in
            "Processing" for 8 days! Due to this delay, it was held up in Memphis
            because of bad weather for another week before being delivered. Hoping
            this was just a one-time thing, I ordered another pistol in March. It
            went from ordered, to "Processing" to "Shipping" in one day. It's now
            been in "Shipping" for 6 days. Had I waited three days, I could have
            picked one up from a local dealer for the same price and had it a week
            sooner. My days of ordering from Bud's are over. I'll shop locally from
            now on.

BudsGunShop.comOnline scam

I purchased a gun via phone with a gent named "Ed" at Buds I asked him if the gun was in stock before purchasing and he stated yes. He said I was protected by this transaction so the gun would not be sold to someone else. Later that night I read my "online" order info from Buds, It said there was an "issue" with the order. I called and I was told it was not in stock. I spoke to the guy "Ed" and he denied (bold faced LIED) ever promising my order was secure. He then admitted that he was looking at an inventory sheet and was not aware that it was physically gone from the warehouse. I requested a Manager but was told he was busy so the usual transfer call to the "dead end" voice mail. They are still dragging their feet with my money still in their bank earning interest. BUYER BEWARE!

BudsGunShop.comLack of service

I too have had issues regarding my order with Buds Gun shop. At the present, as in the past several days, they have my order in "Shipping Status" but I've yet received my order. This morning (3/8/2012) I received an e-mail from Buds stating that they are "Back-up" on their orders due to present buying panic from customers wishing to buy guns, so I don't know. I do know they had the time to cash my $800+ check!!

• Ky
                ky_Dave Mar 09, 2012

I noticed Buds Gun Shop has taken down their website, as of this morning (3/9/2012). I tried to log-on to check the status of my order, which has been in "shipping status" for four days now.

• Ky
                ky_Dave Mar 08, 2012

What is needed to deal with Buds Gun Shop is to turn them in to the ATFE or FBI, to investigate Buds Gun Shop's business practices toward their customers. Maybe then they will be more ethical toward their customers if they are investigated. No business should treat their customers badly like Buds is doing.

BudsGunShop.comCustomer service

WOW, I buy a lot of merchandise from online retailers and can say without a doubt that Buds is THE WORST company out there.
              I ordered a gun on 2-6-11 and waited the full 6 business days they say it can take for a payment to process before trying to contact them per the terms of the site. At that point I tried calling - no update available. Then I tried email - not allowed because the order is still in processing. Sent a fax asking to be contacted - nothing. Then I tried live chat - constant disconnects if you post an actual question regarding your order but the secret there is asking a basic question such as "product question" then Gary will answer you which still didn't do me any good he just told me to call the sales department to get things straightened out. Apparently they did not enter the payment data for my e-check properly so it declined but no one bothered to contact me when that happened. In the meantime the gun was sold out and the next batch was supposed to arrive by 2-17-11. Didn't happen and as of 2-20-11 they still don't have any but they think they'll be in this week. Tried the chat again on 2-20-11 and got nothing but "well, you can either wait or cancel your order" I gave Gary a piece of my mind about the experience and he ended the chat session before I even got to cancel the order. Called the sales line and Jeff was confused as all get out because the gun wasn't even listed on the website anymore. He finally figured it out and said they have a tracking number for the shipment and it should be to them this week - of course he didn't know when (isn't that the point of a tracking number??) I asked if they would be willing to next day the gun to me when it arrived at their location. The shipping guys said not unless I paid for it. That's just some world class crappy service that wasted 14 days of my time and cost them numerous other purchases from me as well as my network of friends. They may have low prices but you get what you pay for and in this case the pain was just not worth the $4.00 I would've saved had they actually delivered on the purchase.

• Ia
                  IanC01 Feb 26, 2012

Posted two reviews today. One a very positive review about my first order and the service I received. The second was mostly positive, but questioned a very long delay in product delivery and lack of communication. I also questioned if the poor service was in any way related to their push to get customers to join their VIP program which promises faster service among other things. The website edited out my comments regarding the long processing time for the one purchase, with a message to me explaining that only comments regarding the actual product were left in the review while other comments were edited out as the were not related to the product. Funny thing is, they left the very positive comments regarding the service I received with my previous order. Guess the reviews you read on their site are not to be trusted.

Buds Gun Shop — Slow shipping

20 days to send an in stock rifle 100 miles. They claim that they have a warehouse with their firearms stored...

Buds Gun ShopPoor customer service

I ordered a longun from them on November 21, 2011 for a gift. It took 14+ days to process and ship Buds forgot to send the shipping notice via email. when we checked the tracking it was already headed back to Buds!? My FFL checked with UPS, and buds shipped it to the wrong address. My FFL receives packages every week from Buds. Buds was adimit it was still our issue, and charged me an additional $15.00 for the shipping. Which it's now December 12th, the package will be at their shipping department for at least an additional 7 days prior to being shipped again for "paper work". When asked if i would receive it before the 23rd (Fri. before Christmas, and 32 days after the original order date) they could not confirm the delivery. This is not my first online firearm purchase, but it is my first and last order with Buds. Very disapointed but what do they care they have my hard earned cash, and my sons first .22lr.

• Re
                    Reviewer23825 Aug 25, 2015

I am a Buds Team Member (won't do that again). I saw a S&W 686 Plus on 8/24/15 and purchased it, received 2 confirmation emails immediately. The the next day received an email to call them about this order, I did and the person on the phone said he had to cancel my order. When I asked I'm why he said they sold more guns than they had and I asked him how this could happen especially when I received an email. He said their computer system can oversell on popular items as a number of people are ordering within a short period of time. He could not address why I received the confirmations then next day... Just kidding, not yours... He seemed more interested in getting me off his line than customer service.

• Ki
                    Killer B. Killed Mar 13, 2013

I had the exact same experience. UPS had actually tried to get a correct address from them for my home, because buds had shipped to the wrong one, and i never received an email or phone call from buds about it. i didnt even know that the package had been returned to buds until it was already there. so march 1st i called and told them to return my money to me. i waited and waited until i finally called buds and was actually able to get a person on the phone. he told me the check was mailed on the 1st and when he was telling me this it was the 13th of march. i havent received any aknowledgment of my situation from them. my tickets are still open on their site waiting to be addressed. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. there are so many good gun dealers that you can buy from. it may not happen the first time you buy from buds, but if you buy from them enough, you will get ripped off.

• Cr
                    creature66 Oct 18, 2012

'buds" sucks

• Th
                    The GunNut Aug 14, 2012

Buds Guns Customer Service Sucks! I have had better customer relationships with strangers from China! After calling them 4 times and talking the the supervisor, I was insulted, lied to and then told that their shipping delay was my fault. I received all my other items from the order 3 days BEFORE they even shipped the rifle. The poor customer service will be detrimental to any decision to by another firearm from this company again. At this point, I never want to shop this site again! For a return they wanted to charge me $140! Just to send a unopened item back. And many of their items are cheaper elsewhere, just check the site : LC Action.

BudsGunShop.com — Trade

I purchased my first firearm from buds only to run into multiple problems. First problem ended up being about...

Buds Gun ShopCannot get refund

I purchased a weapon from them. I know that things go wrong and get lost, so I purchased the insurance on the product so I wouldn't be out my money if something did happen. I waited for it to arrive. After waiting 8 business days without getting word that it had even started the shipping process I contacted them and requested a tracking number or to get my money back. I got an email back that the item had been lost but they would resend it. They then sent me a tracking number. I looked the tracking number up in Fedex, UPS and USPS and all three told me it was an invalid tracking number. I have requested my money back so I can purchase the gun from a business I trust and now I find that they are no longer responding to my emails.
                  I will never do business with this company again. I know they have a lot of good reviews, but if anything goes wrong, do not expect them to honor any promises made. If you are dumb enough to buy from them, get the insurance so they have no way to cheat you out of your money.