Having problems with BudsGunShop.com?

+1 859 368 0371 (Customer Service)
+1 859 368 0419 (Lexington, KY)
+1 865 774 2007 (Sevierville, TN)
+1 270 641 0753 (Uncle Lee's, Greenville, KY)
1105 Industry Road
Lexington, Kentucky
Sevierville, TN
2270 Two Rivers Blvd, Sevierville, TN 37876

Uncle Lee's, Greenville, KY
820 N Main St., Greenville, KY 42345

Complaints & Reviews

Fishy activity

An order was made online for a gun for christmas but the gun was not instock, and would not be received by the holiday so the order was cancelled. Buds Gun shop stated that nothing had been charged to the credit card. In the meantime, I get my statement that infact the full amount was charged to my card but no product was shipped or received. When contacting their store, they assured me the charge did not go through but in fact it did. I finally had to file the complaint with my credit card company, which takes 6-8 weeks to resolve. Now i have about a $500 charge on my card for something that i did not receive because they could not be honest and just refund the charge.

budsgunshop.com Dec 03, 2010

If you could please contact Elaine in our accounting department we will definitely do whatever needs to be done to get this taken care of for you. You can call her directly at 859-368-0419 EXT 7503. I am not sure who you spoke to, but we would never knowingly keep someones funds for a canceled order...so obviously there is some mistake or miscommunication here. I would be glad to help you myself but your post does not provide me with enough information to look this transaction history up for you. If we did in fact make a mistake here...then we will not only correct it...we will also provide you with an additional $50 gift card to compensate you for your trouble. If you are able to pm me your transaction details on this forum then I will gladly look into this for you myself.

• Fo
    fornboglod Dec 07, 2010

How can you look into a problem Rex, when you are too busy spinning your tales on here?

Freakin screwhead.

Your BBB rating is a bigger joke than your crappy company.

This guy had to go to his CC company and come on here because you KY jerks gave him the buzz off treatment. Now youre all customer satisfaction oriented, surprise surprise surprise, you freakin goober. Youre like Barney Fife, you shouldnt be trusted with a single bullet.

Did I mention Budsgunshop.com sucks?

budsgunshop.com Dec 09, 2010

Impressive vocabulary you have there fornbloglod.

I have received no private message on this forum or any other communication from the original poster of this complaint. If the person who posted this complaint still has an issue I would appreciate knowing about it and also identifying the order in question so that I may look into this issue. Otherwise, I will assume this is just more false negative campaigns against us by a competitor or disgruntled person.

• Ke
    Kegbelly Mar 24, 2011

Been there...same story!!! Took my money and have been told 3 times...4-5 days it will be returned to you. Got the same message again today. Called twice on the phone and left 2 email messages...NOTHING! No help at all. Used the on-line chat and was told, "sorry, there is nothing I can do for you". WHERE IS MY MONEY buds???

• Mi
    Mikey1911 Feb 07, 2012

Same issue... I ordered a gun last friday Feb. 03 2012. Used a Buds gift card through a friend. Did the same last month when i bought a pistol from Buds. But this time Buds sales reps. Asked for authorization from my friend who bought the gift card. Never was
    Asked last month when i purchased my handgun. The sales Rep. Went finished the transaction and gave me my order no. And said as soon as my friend called them up to authorize it will be ok to charge the GIFT CARD. I buddy was at work and got off late since we're on pacific standard time zone, it was too late for him to call Buds already was closed. Since i already have the order no. Went to Bass Pro las vegas to have my background check and FLL done. We both called monday FEB 06, him authorizing it i followed it up double checked i had the rifle reserved for me. Lady at buds said everything is ok and just tell Bass pro they will getting my Rifle soon. Even received an email from Buds saying payment was received and status was PENDING for Shipping i guessed! And when i double checked if there was any activity regarding my order later in the afternoon, only ONE order is SHOWING in my account. Tried to call the ORDER STATUS my order no. Is not found! I called early this morning same crap. They couldn't find my order no. And we checked the GIFT CARD balance, card wasn't even there... What happened BUDs? Where's my GIFT CARD? WHERE's my RIFLE? WHAT HAPPENED? Still waiting from a call back from your ACCOUNTING DEPT. WHEN?

Rude service and deceptive business practices

Within a few hours of an online purchase and before they processed the transaction, I requested a...

budsgunshop.com

I asked Buds Gun Shop to sell me a gun legal for California, so that I could give it as a gift to a California resident. I used their online "request for product info" feature to ask about a specific model of a gun and if it was legal in CA. It was a "Warrior" model gun. They replied "Yes, the Warrior II is legal in CA". A bit confused, I searched their website for a "Warrior II" and found no such thing. Note that I was asking about a SPECIFIC MODEL, included the model number in the email, using a feature on their website, and they replied with a "Yes". Since they had given me an affirmative answer, I ordered the gun. I got the gun engraved and shipped it to my friend, but he was unable to take ownership because the model Buds Gun Shop sold me is illegal in CA.

I was very explicit in my needs and requirements and they ended up selling me something I can't use and now can't return. I wasted $1300 on a gun, $100 on engraving, and over $200 shipping the gun back and forth. Buds Gun Shop's reply to my complaint was to offer to sell me a Warrior II at cost. How generous - after screwing up my order and refusing to accept a return, they offer to sell me ANOTHER gun. I guess they think I am made of money. They of course deny misleading me in any way.

I would not recommend using them, especially if you have special requirements as I did. They obviously do not pay close attention to their customer's requests and, when they do make a mistake, they do not own up to it or accept responsibility. Be wary.

budsgunshop.com Oct 18, 2010

We have investigated this issue from our end and have copies of the email exchange between the customer and our sales person to verify the information provided by our GM below.

This customer is not located in CA. He did exchange emails with Brad (salesperson) requesting product information if the Warrior was legal in CA. Brad responded that the Warrior II (not the Warrior) is legal in CA. This customer proceeded to make the purchase online. He placed the order online and did mention that the gun was a gift but made no mention in the comments of what state it was being shipped. Because we were shipping the gun to Colorado there was no reason for Brandon (order processor) to cancel the order. I spoke with the customer through email as well and I am the one that copied and pasted Brads response as well as the customers question back to the customer and informed him where the gun has been taken into possession and engraved there was not much that we could do. He ordered online and ordered the wrong gun. I offered to sell him a Warrior II at cost and did not hear back from the customer.

This unfortunate issue appears to be from a simple miscommunication. If it had not been for the engraving, we would have simply taken the gun back and provided the customer with a CA legal gun.

• Fo
    fornboglod Dec 07, 2010

Sure you would have, screwhead.

MasterTrader Mar 10, 2011

I can see how that could have been messed up. Just a bad case of talking to that guy and ordering from this guy. very unfortunate indeed.

• Ad
    adaminbtr Mar 10, 2011

It's the buyers responsibility to check all local and state laws before making a purchase. I've made multiple purchases with Budsgunshop.com and have had nothing but good experiences with them.

• Ks
    K. Strohbusch Feb 01, 2012

What really jacks my jaw is their so called VIP program, , , i have been a customer of Buds for 2 years, purchased rifles & pistols costing over $ 5000, , now they want to clip a customer like myself for another 24.95 anually, , , This is a insult to me, , , , since they started this so called VIP program, , , i have gone to other dealers for purchases, , maybe they will get the message, , So Long Buds

• Ad
    adamt82 Dec 14, 2012

tried to purchase a 9mm from this place one month ago still no gun but they got there money or my money w abunch of crapp.

Possible fraud?

Ordered a taurus 845 that was advertised on budsgunshop.com as "factory new. " the pistol was promptly...

Unethical Business Practices

I have spent thousands of dollars at this website and I had recently purchased an optic item (BARSKA AC10332...

Buds Gunshop

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices