Having problems with Bounty Towels?

Bounty Towels Customer Service Contacts

Thu9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Bounty Towels Customer Service. Initial Bounty Towels complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Bounty Towels above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Bounty Towels. Discuss the issues you have had with Bounty Towels and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Bounty Towels Complaints & Reviews

Bounty TowelsBounty towels

Bounty towels have been my paper towel of choice because of there strength and durability since 1972 at 16 years of age working in a mom and pop grocery store. I am now 64 years old and just brought home a 6 pack double roll bounty essentials they are worse quality than the cheap bargain generic brand not sure why you changed I'm done after 48 years
Bob Herwig
Po box9
Sipesville, Pa. 15561

Bounty TowelsSelect a sheet - the sheets do not tear at the perforation, therefore, tearing up the paper towel

I bought the 12 roll pack of the select a sheet Bounty paper towels from Sams a few weeks back. I've never had this problem with any other purchases of Bounty. However, the whole 12 roll pack is defective! When I try to tear off the paper towel, it dos not tear at the perforation. This is causing the paper towel to tear (sometimes into shreds) and I end up wasting the paper towels. I would like a refund. I paid about $20 for the package and I no longer have the receipt. My refund can be sent to:
    Karen Benning
    3455 N 77th Street
    Milwaukee, WI 53222
    email: [protected]@northwesternmutual.com
    phone # [protected]

I'd appreciate a response. Thank you.

Bounty TowelsDoomobi

I ordered bounty paper towels on line on april 18, 2020 i paid through pay pal receipt number [protected] and my order number is yes8205 in the amount of $46.00 i keep getting a e-mail from leila stating they received my complaint but no resolution. I think this gives you a bad name i would like to have this problem resolved. I am elderly and can not go outside that's why i ordered on line

• Ra
          Raquel Matos Merjech Jul 10, 2020

I received this horrendous mini paper towels and have them now asking me to mail back for refund, but the shipping cost is more than the $42.98 i paid. These people sell their product claiming it to be 100% Bounty

Comments

Bounty TowelsBounty paper towels

I have been using bounty paper towels for as long as I can remember.. And i'm pretty old. The quality of towels in the last few months has drastically changed. They fall apart and pieces of what appears to be powdery something come off of them. I have loved that I used to be able to reuse a towel. Please whatever you changed go back to the way they were!

Ana Holloman Aug 02, 2020

Agree with you 110%, paper towels are rough and fall apart are they manufactured in the usa? i’m a user of bounty fir over 40 years, they used to be softer and stronger and I always preferred bounty even I paid more which is the case to this day. very very disappointed with your brand and bounty towels, procter & gamble rethink please the way things are manufactured‼️‼️

Bounty TowelsBounty paper towels

The towels have a very strong chemical smell that transfers to your hands when you dry them. The smell reminds me of the chemical used to preserve specimens for dissection. I am afraid to use them on my children or any surfaces that may be in contact with food.

Bounty paper towels
          Bounty paper towels

Bounty TowelsBounty paper towels

I spent twenty some odd dollars on a big pack of "super absorbent" paper towels and not one roll is perforated, making the paper towels almost completely worthless/ a complete pain in the butt to use. You would think with the cost of a "premium" brand of paper towels they would have better quality control. This is the first time I've come across this problem, but nonetheless, it's very frustrating

Bounty Towelsbounty towels

After using Bounty towels for many, many years, about 3-4 years ago I also noticed a foul smell when dry and even worse when wet. Twice I have returned whole rolls to P&G for testing, only to be told that nothing has changed in the manufacture of the towels and the smell is normal. I also noticed multiple dark spots on the inside of the paper core, which they said was also normal. So I switched to Viva, but, to be honest, they stink also when wet.

You would think with so many complaints, a serious investigation would be undertaken in an attempt to resolve the issue, but it seems to be easier to just send a replacement coupon.

Bounty Towelsbounty paper towels

I have been a user of them to paper towels for many years and for the past several months I have been noticing a couple of things different from the past. One is that it seems that there is way too much glue being use to hold down the first sheet causing you to lose A couple of sheets. Also the most frustrating is that they are not tearing off like they used to. They are ripping up to the next sheet it just seems that the separation isn't as good. I still love the absorption of the paper towel and strength but am frustrated with these new issues. Thank you for listening and I hope something can be done about these issues.

• Ce
                    Ceci Alvarez Nov 19, 2020

I've been buying Bounty Paper Towels for a very long time. I, as well as a friend of mine who is a manger at a CVS (used to be Sav-on) have noticed that the paper towels are not as sturdy as they used to be and in fact are as thin as some of the generic paper towels you'll find at any Supermarket. And yes, the perforations are shabby. It's a waste of money. I have also noticed (coincidentally) that this all started happening around the time the pandemic hit. Own up to this. I just might have to buy those generic paper towels that sometimes cost less but are just as shabby.

Bounty Towelsbounty towels

P&G has apparently dropped the perforation that permits "1/2" towel use. It is not possible to tear them in half so you must either cut them with scissors or use a "whole" towel. The intention is obvious: double their sales! My response is equally obvious: enjoy the profit you made on me as I have purchased my last super size bag of your towels. I would like P&G to recommend an alternate brand of good quality paper towels that are still available in the half size sheet.

Bounty Towelsbounty select-a-size from costco

Last package I bought from Costco had a couple of issues. Cardboard cores were crushed on at least two (haven't opened all). Couldn't load them on my free-standing towel dispenser. This was a manufacturing rather than a handling issue. It was the center of the core that was crumpled/blocked so it happened during production.

Also, the first sheet had been glued so thoroughly, I had to destroy several towels before I could get the roll started.

I have used Bounty for years and have NEVER had either of these issues before.

If you need photos, I can provide them.

Carolyn Caruso
                    [protected]@comcast.net
                    [protected]
                    Tumwater, WA Costco

Dec 24, 2019

Bounty Towels — bounty paper towels

To Whom It May Concern, On December 21 I was going to cook dinner for a friend. As always I would have to...

Bounty Towels12 roll package of bounty 1/2 sheet paper towels

I just finished my last roll of the 12 roll package. I am so frustrated I'm afraid to open the next 12 roll package.

The perforation of the towels are not completely across the whole towel, therefore I either unroll more than I need (like a roll of toilet paper) or have to use 2 hands and still have only a portion of the paper towel to use.

I purchase my 12 roll packages of paper towels at Costco on a regular basis and use quite a few. After going through 12 rolls like this I'm really pretty fed up.

Just thought you should know. I can't be the only person dealing with this situation!

Thank you for your time.

Pat

Bounty Towelsbounty paper towels from amazon - cat urine smell

I always purchase our bulk/large items from amazon and like usual I ordered bounty paper towels. Once I got the paper towel wet I noticed a really strong cat urine scent. So I thought maybe it was just that particular roll but all of the rolls smell terrible and some smell very badly even before getting them wet. I ended up throwing them out after using a few and trying to look past it as my husband said it didn't smell and currently I am pregnant so I thought maybe I'm losing it but then I kept smelling it every time and I did research and saw others dealt with this same issue in the past. I'm not sure if this is a hazardous issue or what but would really appreciate a response from someone because as I mentioned I'm pregnant and super paranoid with chemicals and toxins and we have a almost 2 year old as well where these paper towels were used around. Please let me know if anyone found what the issue was and if it's anything to be really concerned with. I definitely will not be purchasing bounty again as I'm totally freaked out now. Any info pls share. Thank you.

Bounty Towelsall paper towels?

I keep switching brands to find one that doesn't stink. No luck yet. Stink is not a good sign. We need to consider how they're manufactured. The constituents are in a liquid soup or wet mass before eventually emerging as the clean looking dry white towels we unreasonably expect to be "clean." That these tidy looking towels harbor residual chemicals, organic compounds and microorganisms isn't an unreasonable assumption. I'm not a germaphobe or hyper vigilant about environmental [censored], but I think that's the dirty little secret, the manufacturers know it and aren't likely to discuss this issue openly with consumers. Be prudent in how you use these things. Wiping up a bit of filth is probably their best suited use. As long as they stink I consider them some kind of toxic and I don't want them on my body or my food. Independent consumer interest testing would be welcome.

Sep 12, 2019

Bounty Towels — bounty advanced select-a-size paper towels

11 September 2019 RE Bounty Paper Towel Bad Odor Complaint I purchased Bounty 12-pack Select-a-Size paper...

Bounty Towelsbounty select a size 12 super roll pack

Purchased this pack of paper towels from the store got home and every roll in the pack is damp and smells. Even the cardboard tube in the center is saturated the store would not take the item back for a refund or exchange they advised us to contact the company directly. This pack of paper towels cost $18.98 and we can't use them.
                            UPC # [protected]
                            [protected]-S
                            [protected]-S

Bounty Towelsbounty. 2 pack double-roll towels

Today, I received a grocery delivery from Walmart which included a 2-pack of Bounty double-roll towels. Upon inspection of the package, there was a "tick-like" insect crawling around inside the packaging. There are no tears or openings on the packaging. The insect is trapped inside and crawling all over the towels. This is a very disappointing and disturbing experience, as I have purchased Bounty towels many times in the past. I am now wondering howmany times I have bought tainted towels from Bounty.

Bounty Towelsbounty paper towels

Ugh, Bounty paper towels smell like mildew. How does this get past inspection and into our homes. This product should be recalled. It does not clean, rather it leaves a horrible mildew spell behind. Essentially, using this product negatively impacts health and hygiene. Needs to be pulled off the market and apologize to consumers for expecting payment for a defective product. Looking for suggestions on the best replacement product. If Bounty is being sold to consumers, what else is Proctor and Gamble selling the is defective that we are consuming.

May Ally Sep 12, 2019

12 September 2019

Yes. Bounty paper towels smell terrible (seems like) all of a sudden. I purchase a 12-pack from Costco every couple of months (for years) and this is the first time I've ever noticed this creepy odor. The smell intensifies when wet but the towels reek in a dry state as well!

I don't know how to say this without saying this, but they smell of urine... semen... some kind of excreted animal/human substance. I WISH that these towels had a chemical smell (as some commenters have noted) because I don't even want to think about why they smell as they do.

Judging by the initial online complaints, it looked like the foul-smelling Bounty paper towels were all purchased at Costco but I'm seeing more and more complaints from users that have bought them from everywhere. I wonder what a chemical analysis would reveal - gross!

Bounty Paper Towels — They smell like cat urine when wet!

I use Bounty paper towels in my kitchen, camper, pretty much anywhere, and have for years. I was filling up...

Bounty Towels — Chemical

Shame on Bounty paper towels. They release a terrible chemical that initially smells like Cheetos. After...