Complaints & Reviews

samsung active 2 watch which I only used for 1 week

Hi

I bought a watch from DDF and was only able to use it for 1 week. And I sent this through one of my friends and I have still not received my cash refund. All details can be found in RE: [protected] - Samsung Galaxy Active 2 (approved; refund in progress).
It is really so frustrating and I am really surprised how long Dubai been such a developed country to process a cash refund. Hoping to hear soon and I will never think that I will have a positive outlook on Dubai Duty-free purchases ever again!!

Best Regards
Ranga

357/D 5th Lane, Jinasena Mawatha, Matara, Kadawatha, Sri Lanka

bill money deducted twice by sales girl timou using pos machine. she took in aed and same amount in indian rupees

I bought some stuff from dubai duty free last sunday 15th dec'19 and I've asked to take money in INR RUPEES for my payment. The sales girl, she inserted my card and selected INR option and I've entered my password for total amount so there was some network issue and sales girl suddenly removed my card and inserted again asked me to enter pin again in amount in AED 215. I did enter and money got deducted. I was on roaming so dis not get transaction message at that time but when I've arrived india the transaction amount deducted in INR 4250 and AED 215 so I paid twice. And it is reflecting in my credit card statement.

Can you please check and reimburse my INR amount.

I'm attaching my bill for AED transaction and INR transaction message is here

staff

I would like to complaint for the staff name fatima zarah she is assigned in concourse C near C20 6:05 A.M of January 15, 2020 she is rude and she don't know what's her...

I was buying motorcycle ticket

I was on arrival Dubai duty shop at arrival out door where main out near there is small duty shop serving me was lady name dunia, I was watting in my que to number to come . I asked her I need duty free motorcycle ticket she told u have wait I will finished with other people and will take 20 mts when my turn was first .i ask her why when my number is first and standing in que she told me I am not u have to wait, taking rude . This way u great ur customer

I was buying motorcycle ticket

customer service

1.01.20 approximately at 23:30 I have been shopping in Duty Free in DXB, terminal 3, concourse A. For more than 30 min there were no staff present near Victoria Secret stand. I...

fake jewellery

Bought two pieces of jewellery from Dubai duty free terminal 3, 1016 CB gift shop from Dubai on 16th Nov 2017.
It states as silver and nature stone. After I came back to Australia, went to a valuer to check. It turned out the "nature stone" are bakelite plastic and glass. It's not even silver when it both had 925 stamps on them.
Emailed to Dubai duty free, they kept asking me to return in person or post back to them. While they have the same stock in the shop they can investigate. This is very poor attitude, as they know we are international travelers and cannot easily go back to Dubai like visit the shopping centre down the road.

I am not sure is this just individual shop inside the duty free thing or it's cross the whole airport. But the management attitude is very poor.

Now I don't trust anything they sell in the shops are real and legit as they said. Don't buy any jewellery in there for sure.

fake jewellery

duty free service

340949 I wanted to make a complain about a staff who was racists & disrespectful. Not at all a good thing as you arrive in UAE DUBAI terminal 1 This happened at 9:41pm DUBAI...

raw cashew nuts

We regularly purchase raw cashew nuts at Dubai Duty Free in Terminal 3 as we are Emirates airline Gold Card holders. In November we purchased two packets. When we opened the first packetise discovered they were soft and did not have the usual crunch to them. We checked they were still within the sell By date. As we were travelling again yesterday, 30th November 2019, we decided to return the nuts.

We asked for a manager and a gentlemen came to speak to us he said he could do nothing, firstly because one pack was opened. We explained that we would not have known that they were inferior if we had not opened the packet to eat them. Unfortunately, we did not have a receipt but as they were clearly shown as Dubai Duty Free and well within their "best by" date we did not think that should be a problem.

He said it was procedure he could fo nothing. We were most disappointed by this attitude and consider it un @acceptable. While the cost of the peanuts is nit a big amount we think, on principle, we should have received, and expected better service.

Please let us know how you will handle the complaint.

M Ahmad
[protected]@gmail.com

misleading price tag and caused to double billed

Hi Sir / Madam,

I am writing to complaint about the misleading price tag at the Dubai duty free at Airport.

I purchased the 2 *50 ml Clarin Sunblock set which displayed with price of AED 236. however I was billed AED 424 when I checked my bill.

Bought 2 set and cost me paid extra.

We need the authority to review this case and do let me know how could we proceed and need refund

the iphone 11 pro that I bought from dubai duty free shop at the air port does not work in china

At dubai air port duty free shop I bought iphone 11 pro, when I arrived the place where I live (china), it doesnt work. Those people who are working at the shop have to ask the client which country the clients are going to use it. Some one tod me for diffrent country there are diffrent versions. The model number that I bought at the dubai air port duty free shop is a2160. Now someone told me these model is only fixed to work in us. What can I do now? I bought the phone on november 22, 2019. The shop is the elctronics shop at area a, the time was dubai time around 9:50 am. They should have told me the viresion of models. I need them to change with the rite model that fit for china

customer service & for return issue

[protected]@gmail.com On the date 08/09/2019 Flight No. EK 344 Dubai to Kuala Lumpur. I bought a brand new Michel Kors Lo Connected WH CER MKT 5050 with Invoice No 6516119. What...

dubai duty free gold shop agent

Hi,

Myself Ashwini, and I traveled on 9th Nov from Bangalore India to Dallas USA via Dubai. I had 4hr transit and wanted to purchase gold at duty free. I walked to Duty free gold shop at terminal C and at the first gold shop I purchased a earring with the help of a very good agent. The earrings were very pretty except it had a sharp corner. Later when I was walking towards terminal B, I came across the second gold shop at terminal C. There I was assisted by Shah Zeb, a duty free customer. I saw the same earring at second gold shop but different design and I wanted to exchange the earring here as they had same earring without sharp edges. Shah Zeb wasn't so helpful in assisting me with the exchange and kept saying that I need to go to customer service at terminal C. I showed him the receipt of my purchase which was less than an hour, but still he wasn't ready to help me. He asked for my native in India and the purpose I am travelling to USA. After the conversation, he was not ready to show me any of the ornaments and asked me to walk to different gold shop. I was utterly shocked with his behavior and the way I was treated. He did not help me exchange the earring nor showed me any other ornament when I kept saying that i want to buy a necklace for my mom. I was very much disappointed and disturbed with the incident. I hope the agents would be trained well to behave well with the customers as Dubai duty free is one of the best and reputed duty free in the world. People like Shah Zeb can kill customer service and customers peaceful travel to their destination from Dubai

Lindt chocolate

340949 good day My name is Mr Ashendran Govender . My Contact number is South Africa [protected] My email address is [protected]@previdaandco.com and [protected]@ebbtide-marine.co.za I travelled...

apple I phone 11 pro max

My name is Muhammad Nasir Khan and I am Skywards member vide number [protected]. I traveled from Khartoum to Dubai on 13 October and at Dubai I purchased an I phone 11 Pro Max 256 GB midnight green and an I phone watch. The price shown for I Phone 11 Pro Max 256 GB was AED 5019 while the amount billed was AED 5899 - an extra amount of AED 880. Bill and price list depicted at shop are attached. I bought these items from B 15 area Dubai. Please clarify and credit me the balance amount taken extra - AED 880.
Regards
Muhammad Nasir Khan

irish village assistant manager

Dear duty free manager,

Am sitting now in the irish village where the temp outside is around 38 and 95% of the customers are sitting inside. It is very humid night and we are all looking forward to great season on october onwards

Tonight as we were all awaiting for the singer, the irish village assistant manager/ michelle isisted and against all customers' demands and against even human rights conditions that the singer will sing outside though no body is sitting outside. When I asked her why, she said it our policy that singer should perform outside effective ocotber! I told her it is not yet october and all your customers are sitting inside.  she relpied that it is her decesion and you can leave if you don't like it! I was shocked by the rude response and attitude towards customers from such a restaurant manager...

Regards - sufian

Dear Customer Service team,
I purchased a golden bracelet with the above description during my connection journey via Dubai to Mauritius on 28th February 2019 and made cash payment. The bangle was the only piece at the jewelries counter with the Persian Ruby and diamond works being its unique craftswork. I bought this bangle to wear for a wedding occasion in Mauritus and during the wedding itself, one of the ruby fell off which luckily I managed to find. I did not want to get the repairs done in Mauritius being it's a unique gemstone and would not want the risk of being conned or robbed over by the local jewellers. I am meant to return to Maldives by 1st Sept 2019, please advice further process for exchange/ refund. It would really be great if another such piece is exchanged for. I also noticed that inside when the stone fell off, it's been rusted and not properly sealed and this maybe the reason the stone came off. Kindly advise at your earliest as I paid a huge amount of money for that bangle. Thank you

sold me fake gold

Hello sir im bought jawhara 24k gold in in terminal 2 on 29/06/2019 my TRN. NO. is [protected] and he told me its 24 k original gold ring which cost is 250$ but he sold me fake gold its not original so what i do now tell me please how i do exchange or return or refund this product??? Otherwise I will take legal action
Please solve my problem quickly

misleading information and negligence of staff

340949 30/04/2019 I had purchased Ballentine and Smirnoff Vodka (deal box, buy 2 and get 1 free) from the above mentioned store at duty free. While paying for them I realised that the...

purchase of cosmetics

Dear reader,

My name is Luca Elesbani (EK [protected]) email address: [protected]@quakerchem.com

In April 10th 2019 I did purchase from your cosmetic department one DIOR DSK FORV 3 N INT 19 [protected], but by mistake I have been charged two pieces instead of the only one purchased and given to me, please see attached the receipt and the payment receipt of my credit card.

I kindly ask you to check with your accounting and reimburse me one piece not given.

Many thanks in advance
Kind regards
Luca Elesbani

purchase of cosmetics

no international warranty and responsibility

I purchased Lenovo Yoga 510 laptop on transit terminal in Dubai Duty Free

It has been about 6 months while purchasing this item, I am experiencing trouble with the laptop, it shuts off randomly frequently and I lose my data.

I took it to the local service centre and they say that the warranty of this product is expired and moreover its not covered in India. How can it be expired within six months? and why it is not covered worldwide if its purchased from international duty free terminal? I am very disappointed that DDF do not take any responsibility for:

1) Supplying old model and faulty laptop
2) Sold with expired warranty and not updated till date upon many requests
3) Sold laptop on the international transit departure terminal laptop without international warranty
4) insists to come to Dubai for availing the DDF warranty which completely not logical
5) in the last 12 conversations every time there is a new DDF Customer Service Assistant who takes the conversation in circles and does not get a satisfactory answer.

customer care service attendant

Was at the Estee lauder counter at terminal 3, the attendant named Ms.Mina, was aggressive in her approach. She didn't want to attend the customer, when her collegeaues informed...

customer service dishonesty

On 5th December 2018, my Father was in transit at Dubai Airport - from UK to Australia - as he has been on many occasions. He is a Pensioner and was in a wheelchair being pushed...

liquor & chocolates

340949 Hi, On 24th novemeber 2018 my parents where departing from dubai to mumbai by IX248 flight and it been came to know that they had purchased 2 litre liqour from dubai duty free...

chocolate with larvae

Good evening.
I have purchased on 24th september on my transit to Brazil- São Paulo from Dubai Duty free (Emirates airlines) a chocolate bar brand Alprose. Today when I opened it to eat it was full of grubs and other insects! it was very disgusting!
we pay dearly believing we are buying quality products.
I look forward to seeing you soon.

My email Fernandalais.[protected]@gmail.com
Emirates Skywards EK [protected]

bought a used pair of sunglasses

Good day,
I have purchased on 13th november on my transit to Thailand-phuket from Dubai Duty free a pair of sun glasses Escada SG ES 40151096C model .When i chosed it, the vendor told me was the last pair so though they looked like they were little used, i liked them very much so i bought them. Unfortunatley the glasses broke after 2 days! The screw holding the right arm gone and the sungalsses are unusable! Nobody if the optical shop we tried in Thailand were able to repair them, I strongly believe that these sunglasses were second hand sold as brand new, it is unacceptable to sell such expensive glasses in such condition, this is considered as cheating and fooling the client taking the advantage that very few clients will come back to same place to complain! Obviously people from store are using the sunglasses and put them back after few days or weeks!
I will be back to transit on 26th of november and I would like to have my sunglasses replaced by new ones or being reiumbursed or being upgraded for same value.
I hope i will get a positive answer promptly before filing a claim to Dubai airport authorithies.
Thanks in advance for your prompt reply.
Best regards.
Florentina Vladeanu

bought a used pair of sunglasses

noisehush i9bt headphones

Hello,
I purchased Noisehush I9BT headphone in dubai duty free on Saturday [protected]). I paid 559 Dirham for this product. Since I paid in Indian Currency they charged me 3% more, so in total I paid 10, 502.50 INR.
The issue is the headphone in USA is costing only $69.00. PFA link for the reference https://tinyurl.com/y8zo9848

If I convert $69.00 to Dirham its only 253.44 but I end up paying 559 dirham that is almost 305.56 dirham more than the actual price of the product.

I am wondering did I get fooled by Dubai duty free. : (

Please return back the difference money to my card, Since its my hard earned money. I hope my request will be processed and I believe Dubai duty free is trustable.

Thanks and Regards

charging on duty free products

I swathi choppala, British Asian, travelled on 8 th July 2017 from Heathrow to Hyderabad ( India ) with Emirates, On the day of travel the flight was 2 hours delayed and I reached Dubai to catch the next flight in a hurry burry. I bought some duty free products ( liquor-2 bottles and 4 bags of chocolates ) in Heathrow airport, but while boarding in Dubai to Hyderabad, the crew in Dubai - flight no EK 524 at 22:00, forced all passengers to weigh the duty free products and charged as extra cabin baggage, to my surprise I never paid /fined for duty free things, could you please update what is the minimum duty free products each passenger can carry so that will not come across such unpleasant encounters in future, if not the the duty free business will be affected and passengers will not come forward to purchase them .
Thanking you .

Dubai Duty Free 1022 Cb Gold - Jewellery — 24 karat one ounce gold bar

602797 Dear customer service executive, I bought gold in your duty free shop at the airport in Dubai as you can see from the attached receipt. All prices quoted for gold in Dubai a...

Poor customer service / product

I purchase a box of 10 Cohiba Robusto cigars. They were sealed and I was unable to open the box. The salesman in the humidor explained to me how well they were kept at the proper...

Poor service

Dear Sirs, my name is Yogesh Mehta managing director of PETROCHEM MIDDLE EAST FZE, skywards number [protected]. my e mail is [protected]@petrocheme.com, i am a frequent flyer with Emirates as well as live in Dubai since 23 years.This complaint is for the DUBAI DUTY FREE SECTION IN ARRIVALS LOUNGE DUBAI. where i would like to complain that your employee MR ABHISHEK DURANGG was serving me. i had purchased 10 bottles of Moet and Chandon rose champagne and a channel perfume.MR DURANGG is a very arrogant man, very demotivated and has a poor attitude to serve as a sales person.
he took a long time to swipe the bottles and at some point he could not swipe the bar code as the screen was not reading the same, when i asked him about the delay, he was rude and arrogant and replied in that rude tone.as i was tired after a long flight i sad that i would not like to wait any longer since more than 7 minutes had passed, he replied nonchalantly that i could leave.i am sure the machine was not working and that is not his fault at all, what really bothered me was MR DURANGG'S attitude and rude behavior.
He did not care about the loss of sale or a potential customer at all.
i also want to say that as i entered the duty free shop, the available staff were very laid back talkative and casual and not really at their stations. it was a bazaar like atmosphere with no leader or senior person available.i felt that it did not represent the true ethos and culture of Dubai and i worry what a visitor may think about our people and service in Dubai. please e mail me if you need more inputs of my complaint. we are all on the same side and i would like to see a prosperous Dubai full of happy visitors-thanks YOGESH MEHTA

• Yo
    Yogesh M Jan 20, 2013

Dear Sirs, my name is Yogesh Mehta managing director of PETROCHEM MIDDLE EAST FZE, skywards number 104939800. my e mail is [email protected], i am a frequent flyer with Emirates as well as live in Dubai since 23 years.This complaint is for the DUBAI DUTY FREE SECTION IN ARRIVALS LOUNGE DUBAI. where i would like to complain that your employee MR ABHISHEK DURANGG was serving me. i had purchased 10 bottles of Moet and Chandon rose champagne and a channel perfume.MR DURANGG is a very arrogant man, very demotivated and has a poor attitude to serve as a sales person.
    He did not care about the loss of sale or a potential customer at all.

Dubai International Airport Duty freePoor customer service

Dear sir or madam,
I am writing this to complain about the poor support services by Dubai International Airport Duty free. The following is the content of the email I have sent several times to different departments. There has been no convincing reply /solution to the issue yet. I want you to help me and tell me what to do about it.
“I do not know how many emails I have sent to Hp support in South Africa, and to the customer service in Dubai international Airport since they have already been 50! I am tired of explaining the problem to everyone because nothing is not happening about that! It has been 4 months I am involving with this issue. I bought 2 HP laptops which obviously is not going to happen again throughout my entire life and my friends’ too! The units did not work properly from the very first week I purchased them from Dubai International Airport. Here, in South Africa, the technicians told me they are neither able to repair them, nor to provide us with new ones, so I sent them back to Dubai to replace them with new units, but what they did was to repair them. Please keep in mind that I am not going to use new laptops which have been repaired and have replaced main parts any longer! I am feeling sick about your poor support services for HP. At the time of purchasing, the salesman told me it has global repair/exchange warranty, but it seems it has been a big lie! I do not stand this anymore. I already was not able to do my job since I had bought it for work. Unless you do not provide me with 2 new units immediately, I am going to act publicly about it and also claim for these 4 months I could not do my job. This is my last warning to you, and I hope you will do something about it before too long. “
Regards,

Mobile switching

I was a passenger in emerates airlines from luanda angola and stop over in dubai international airport. I bought an htc android mobile phone in duty free shop. The salesman was a filipino. He intertain me and introduce me the new mobile phone. So i bought the phone and he pack it without knowing that he give me his used mobile phone. Just notice it when i arrived home in philippines. I was really disappointed that a good duty free shop still have a thief salesman. So this is a lesson not to trust anymore.. Big problem because i lost the receipt or he did not give me the receipt of the mobile phone that i bought.

Elmer rama zeta : email add, [protected]@rocketmail.com

• Al
    Alia Mehdili Oct 07, 2019

Hi, good day.

On 22nd Sep, I bought 1 bottle of wine from duty free airport with price 115 AED. Flight was flydubai to Helsinki.

Credit card: Emirates NBD
    Card type : Master card
    Card holder name : Alia Mehdili

Transaction name : Duty free CC DEPT 281, Dubai ARE
    Reference no : R0000038169
    The amount that they charged me is 230AED.

Regards.

• As
    Aslam Mohammed Nov 17, 2019

My nokia mobile phone model nokia 2.1 has blast during using of this mobile phone. it's really life risk .

This phone I purchased from dubai airport duty free in dec 2018.

Please find the attached photos for your reference and do needful.

Regards,
    MOHAMMED ASLAM
    +91 9731137174

saqib murtaza Dec 26, 2019

Dear team,

i wend pak on 29th Nov, 19 and bought parrot swing at terminal 3, but it was not working fine. however i brought this item back from Pakistan on 4th Dec and return to duty free shop at terminal 1 as this product under 1 year warranty but till now i did not get this item back i went 5 times to collect.