Boschbosch dishwasher fails again

Bosch dishwasher model SHU5315UC - failed again. I paid $900 for this dishwasher and shortly after the warranty expired, it failed. It cost $250 to have it repaired. A few years later, it failed again with the same failure. Another $250 to repair it. I could have bought 5 Sears Kenmore dishwashers for the amount I paid for this one dishwasher. From my experience they would last 10 to 12 years. Instead, I keep having to have this one repaired. It is only eight years old. I thought German manufacturing was better than that. I'll never buy another Bosch appliance.

JacR07 Jun 03, 2016

Product was defective right out of the box but their techs had me take it apart several times today to look for problems. Why am I working on a product when it is brand new?? Had me run the water heater burner without the safety sheild in place - - flame shot out, it burned me and then they blamed me for standing too close to the appliance!! They refuse to declare it defective and I can't get a refund. Lied to me, disconnected me, stonewalled me. Worst company I have ever dealt with. ever, ever, ever. DO NOT BUY FROM BOSCH.

• Be
    berryhill Jul 20, 2012

After only a few years (three) of service, our Bosch stainless steel dishwasher suffers from broken door parts. They are very small pieces of plastic that hold the handle and door together. We have called Bosch customer service, and while the representatives know what part we need, they will not tell us the part number. In addition, they tell us there is nothing in printed or downloadable format that will tell us how to replace the part, if we buy a replacement. No instructions come with the part and the only way to learn how to make the repair ourselves is to have a service technician come to the home, at their standard rates, and tell us how to make the repair. We will never buy another Bosch product, since their customer service is pure fiction - You are at the mercy of their expensive technicians if ever anything breaks!

• El
    Elvi May 26, 2010

Sent this to bosch today:

I have never been treated so badly in my life. I don't think you know what your customer svc reps are doing. I have been manipulated, lied to, stonewalled and more. I had an aquastar 1600h-ng installed by a licensed, qualified, experienced plumber and my unit does not work. Your techs had me dis-assemble part of my tankless water heater. We found parts that were installed incorrectly but that did not solve the problem. He had me dis-assemble another component and then I was mysteriously disconnected. I think he didn't know what to do and didn't want to process my case. I know he had my number because I had established that with him and asked him to call me back if we got disconnected. He did not call me back and I was left with a dis-assembled unit. After I got through being on hold again for 20 minutes the next tech told me the 1st tech tried to call but my line was busy. He was lying. I had my phone in my hand while waiting for him to call me. I was further instructed by another tech to re-assemble that component and then remove another component which I did. Then the tech had me operate the unit without a safety guard in place and flames shot out and burned my eyebrows. He blamed me for standing too close to the unit. I finally asked for a supervisor and the tech started arguing with me. He said a supervisor wasn't going to tell me anything different than what he was telling me. I had to really fight to get a word in while he talked over top of me. He finally said that a supervisor would have to call me back and if course I haven't heard a thing. I don't expect I will. I have been on the phone for hours. I am not exaggerating. Yesterday I paid a licensed plumber 85.00 per hour to troubleshoot my unit under the directions of a bosch tech. Why should I have to repair anything bosch makes when it doesn't work right out of the box? Your techs will not tag this unit as defective so that I can exchange it. The wholesaler I bought it from refuses to let me return the unit unless I pay a 20% restocking fee because bosch says the unit is functional. It is not only defective, it is a safety issue. Do you know the liability you would incur if someone died in a house fire because of this unit? This unit is installed properly in every way. You are bosch! You are a world class company. Tell me someone there knows this is wrong.

• My
    my Name May 05, 2009

We've had ours for 4 years now, working day and night (4 kids) with no troubles.

Charlotte from Finleyville Dec 23, 2008

We have a Bosch dishwasher and we are very pleased with it, so ten months ago we needed to replace our washer and dryer and decided to purchase a Bosch NeXXt washer and dryer. The washer is great and we have no issues with it.
    The dryer, however, has been and continues to be nothing but trouble. There is no heat setting that works as intended. Either the clothes are cooked or not dry. After 7 horrible months and 6 different repairs Bosch finally agreed to take the dryer back and give us a new one. With our hopes up, we tried the new dryer and it was the same thing. We are so upset about essentially losing this one thousand dollars we paid for this machine. And this is bad enough, but the clothes that get cooked are ruined. If you don't grab them before the wrinkles are permanently set, you cannot get them out. How I long for my old dryer, where I could tumble them and keep them from being wrinkled. Now, we must hang things up still wet and most times iron them before wearing. With this dryer we have certainly gone backwards. This summer I'm going to see if we can put up a clothesline. Not only does this dryer do the worst job EVER, but laundry day has now become a babysitting chore. We both work, and don't have time to devote constant attention to laundry, but that's what we must do now. If I could sue them for my money back I would. I will NEVER buy another Bosch product as long as I live.

• Pa
    pam orisek Nov 19, 2008

dishwasher very noisy, poor quality

• Valerie Oct 29, 2008

This is the worst appliance I have purchased. It does not clean my dishes unless I prewash completely. It does not dry them so I have to wipe everything off before I store the dishes. And it's not even quiet... you would think that since it doesn't do anything it should not make a sound! When I wrote to their office nothing happened. No one returned my letter, no one sent a message that I could adjust this or that... terrible customer service.

• Valerie Jul 15, 2008

Since purchasing a top of the line Bosch Dishwasher I have had to replace the control panel and three drain pumps. I have received absolutely zero help from both Bosch and the store I purchased it from, Appliance Plus located in Murrells Inlet, SC. I have sunk over $300.00 in repairs so far and if I choose to have it repaired once again it will cost another $150.00. I think my only solution will be to purchase another brand. Take my advice and stay away from any Bosch Appliance as they are not as good as the claim and they do not stand behind their products.

• Valerie May 30, 2008

I purchased Bosch because I wanted something of high quality and efficiency. Why doesn't the inside vent on the drier come out for cleaning? I'm not talking about the standard removable lint filter but the vent inside that intakes the lint. It's always full and a vacuum hose nor hand can fit inside to clean it out! Some simple screws or pop out clips would solve this problem. I was going to purchase a Bosch dishwasher but am now afraid of what I will find out after using it. I payed more money for Bosch compared to other brands expecting exceptional quality. Now I am reconsidering purchasing other appliances. What can I do about my drier lint problem?

• Valerie Apr 17, 2008

We have, or should I say had, a Bosch GSA900E sabre saw. It was approx 6 months old when it developed a fault and wouldn't work.

We called the Bosch Repair Centre, who promises a swift and competent service, our experience proves it is anything but. They collected the broken saw from us, taking it away to fix it.

After approx 5 weeks we had heard nothing and they hadn't returned our saw, so we contacted them. After a while on the phone they advised us that they had redelivered our saw approximately 2 weeks earlier.

After a few more calls to them, and subsequent emails, we explained that we hadn't received it, but they produced a signed POD (delivery docket) signed by someone we had never heard of... they stated that "as this has been signed for there is no further action we can take."

The POD did have our correct name and address on the docket, however the name signed on it is no-one we know and certainly is not the name on the docket.

Use their "collect and return" service centre at your peril, they will collect, but who they return to seems to be a guess.