Booking.comhotel reservation

J

“scammers - book direct with hotel” - I recently booked the herods hotel on tel aviv israel through booking. com
The day after making the booking I got an email from booking. com saying that an upgrade for my room was available for approx $us260. The upgrade was for a room with a balcony and a view of the mediterranean. I took the upgrade.
On checking into the hotel I asked whether I had a room with a balcony and a sea view and was told that all rooms have a balcony and a sea view.
I complained that I had been charged extra and her answer was I should take it up with booking. com.
I've called booking. com several times in the last month and emailed several times. I got a reply from booking. com saying that indeed they agreed that the room I got was the same are similar to my original booking and they would talk to the hotel about a refund.
Tonight I got an email from booking. com saying that the herod hotel will not refund the amount as the upgrade was for an extra child. Why on earth would I pay for an extra child if I don't have one.
My advice is never ever book a hotel through this company. They are scammers!!
Disgusted that they wouldn't refund me.
They offered me the upgrade they should refund me.
My booking number is [protected].