Bluegreennot being able to use our points

R

When we purchased our timeshare, everything seemed great. I explained that I was a Teacher and that I can only go on vacation during Spring Break, we where told no problem. We purchased our timeshare on Feb 29th, When I need to use the timeshare for travel is March 28th-April 3rd. The last week in March to the first week in April, Every year when I go to book a trip I am told that I cannot because of our Anniverasry date and that I would have to buy my points for the next year. We purchased our points in Minnesota and have been clearly mislead. In fact when we asked at closing if this was going to be a problem we where told not to worry about the date, In fact our mortage closer DEE-DEE assured us this would not be a problem. I have spoken to many representatives from this company and nooned seems to be able to help my husband and I. We have paid for our timeshare in full. I do not unstand the unfair selling practices of this corporation.

• Bi
    biddybo Nov 08, 2008

If you still can't get any satisfaction speaking with the mgmt., I would suggest telling them that you are going to file a complaint with your state's Attorney General's Office. And if still aren't pleased with the outcome, proceed with the complaint. Sometimes just letting a company know that you will not tolerate their unfair tactics is enough to get some action (IN YOUR FAVOR) You may also want to file a complaint with the BBB however don't expect that much as Bluegreen pays their dues with the BBB- hence their good standing! The BBB operates by giving companies a seal of approval in exchange for hefty dues paid to them by the companies. IT IS A PAID FOR ENDORSEMENT. But, it's worth a try. You have nothing to lose but some time. But I would definately tell them that you will, under no uncertain terms, file a complaint with your state's AG office. They have so many lawsuits pending right now that I'm sure that's the last thing they will want. Good luck to you.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices