Blue Cross Blue Shieldinsurance through the affordable care act

R

Blue Cross Blue Shield terminated health insurance for hundreds, possibly thousands of patients. They terminated the PPO through the Affordable Care Act. I have a patient on dialysis, who received a letter stating he terminated the insurance and the date it was terminated. He never received a letter that clearly states they terminated the insurance and the date of termination. Without that letter, we cannot place him on a supplement. He has a total of 63 days to get a supplement, and that time is almost up. He has phoned several times. His name is Raul Nunez, and his member ID was [protected]. He needs the insurance company to send a letter correctly stating that the company terminated the insurance, and the date it was terminated. If this is not possible, I would like you to look into a law suit against Blue Cross Blue Shield for terminating insurance when some people are unable to obtain insurance any other way. I have also been informed by a nurse that many doctors refuse to take insurance received through the Affordable Care Act. They say it is difficult to receive payments. I think the insurance through the Affordable Care Act should reimburse doctors as any health insurance. This is something the federal government needs to look at and resolve with the insurance companies. Thank you for your time. My name is Brenda Pardue. I am a social worker with U. S. Renal Care in Laredo, TX. My work number is [protected], and my cell phone number is [protected]. My work address is 4602 Ben-Cha Dr. Laredo, TX 78043. Sincerely, Brenda Pardue

• Kr
    Kristie Lynn Hutchens Nov 05, 2015

BCBSTX has 100% switched to HMOs in TX. They sent me a letter stating they were switching my PPO plan to HMO starting Jan 2016.

By removing all of the PPO plans, NONE of my specialists are covered under their new plans.

I manually entered my 3 specialists in the healthcare.gov website to do a search of ALL AVAILABLE plans so I may keep my Doctors, even if I have to switch from BXBSTX to another insurer or a different plan, and NOT ONE of the Silver level plans-the ones endorsed and subsidized by healthcare.gov-, and there are 25, NOT ONE of them includes the 3 doctors that I absolutely NEED to keep for my health. NOT ONE.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do or what plan I'm supposed to choose now. I'm finally healthy after years of being sick and bedridden and that's because I've found the proper care and diagnoses through the correct physicians using the correct therapies/medications. I've endured serious trials and errors. I am terrified to start at zero.

Do I have to start all over with new doctors? Begin all the step therapies at zero? Basically lose another year or two of my life to regain the care I'm perfectly receiving now? Does any of this progress transfer?

How could we let this happen? Why are there no checks and balances in place to protect us from such a situation? I foresee thousands of people will soon be posting similar problems here, as open enrollment only started 4 days ago and some of us don't even know the horrible reality that lies 7 weeks away.