BitDefenderUnauthorized charges

M Review updated:

This company has charged my bank account without authorization. The subscription to their product had run out and I was not going to renew it. They just took it upon themselves to renew, without my permission.

• Ra
    Rala May 19, 2009

Hi! The company taking care of this procedure sends several notification emails regarding the auto renewal, 30 days before the charge . From the link that you find in that notification email - www.findmyorder.com - you can find all the details about this option and also how to opt-out, if you choose to. The opt out procedure has been significantly improved and it is now very easy to use.
    If you wish, you can also contact the BitDefender customer service team and they will cancel the autorenewal order:
    Auto renewal is an option trough which the customers benefit from continuous protection and upgrades. It is used by many companies to offer service continuity, so that they do not have to manually renew their subscription every year.

• Tj
    TJS72 Aug 29, 2009

I too have been charged without my permission. I have MANUAL RENEWAL and still got charged and they over drafted my account. I wasn't set to renew anyways for 6 days and when I went to cancel via Live Chat I was told that a cancellation ticket would be sent. I recieved an email the next day stating they can't cancel and a refund would have to be sent. They charged me without my permission. They are a SCAM COMPANY and need to be SHUT DOWN!

• Ra
    Rala Sep 10, 2009

This is an option used by many companies to offer continous protection for their customers. You should check with the company that autorenewed your subscription what happened exactly in your case and also the status of your refund.

J O'Loughlin Sep 24, 2010

I have exactly the same experience, I got a mail notifying me that they would automatically renew if I didn't cancel. Its been two years since I bought the product so they probably did renew last year without notifying me.. Anybody got ideas as to what I can do to force them without going legal. Would never touch them again, this shows extremely poor business morals and practices

J O'Loughlin Oct 27, 2010

Apologies to Bit Defender
    Have to come back to say that I got the mails saying that they would return the money to my credit card account and they were as good as their word, all money was returned. Bit Defender could do a better job of letting customers know how to contact them directly and to make the default on automatic renewal a NO that you can change to Yes if you choose. Am happy camper thanks to Bit Defender.

• Se
    Sepp k9 May 30, 2017

I never had any Bitdefender product but in my latest creditcard statement shows unauthorized purchase of $79.95. When the 'purchace' was made I was visiting family member and did not have internet access. I also had my creditcard on me all the times. Also there was no emails about the purchase.

• Ed
    eddy6419 Jan 14, 2019

They have done this 2 yrs running to me even though auto renewal was disabled on my account way back in early 2018 they still did again this January 2019, they have also contracted a third party as in 2co.com to do the dirty work for them.
    Avoid buying products from this company or spend the next several weeks fighting for a refund.