Best Buysexual harassment during appliance delivery

T

I had a new range delivered yesterday evening by two men for Best Buy from one of their warehouses in Dallas, Texas. During the delivery, I faced an unacceptable and appalling situation. One of the men sexually harassed me in words and touch.

The first thing that happened is his hand touched my "lower backside" when I was passing. I thought it had been some sort of accident, but it continued to happen. He made sure he would get closer to me while I was cleaning while they were trying to install the range, then his hand would touch my "lower backside". It happened many times.

In addition, he started flirting and asking if he could be my boyfriend, stating he would like to live in my home, and asking if he could hang out with me. It went on and on. I kept saying no. I called family and only got voice mail but pretended to be talking to them and pretended they were on their way home as I was that disturbed by the episode and afraid of where it may go. I was alone in the house except for the two delivery men. Only one of them was harassing me.

This morning I called and reported it to the geek squad. I have another Best Buy delivery for Saturday - the matching microwave, and the customer service person assured me that someone from the Best Buy store would be delivering and installing it - not the warehouse. However, I will still make sure I have family and/or friends there with me or even instead of me as I am now afraid.

No one should have to be afraid when having a Best Buy item delivered. This is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.

I was not told what would be done to the young man. Has he harassed others? I bet he has. Would he continue harassing people? I bet he will. I fear this will be swept under the rug and hushed and ignored.

I am not a young woman either. This is crazy. I am 52 years old. What if he does this to some young woman who is even less able to do something about it.

I felt uncomfortable and embarrassed that it happened at all. I didn't want to deal with it, but then I thought of him doing this to others, and therefore, I WILL make sure this story gets out. I WILL make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else.