Bensons for Bedsterrible customer service

B

I ordered and paid online for a mattress. Bensons very quickly took my money but didn't notify me there was a security issue. So I waited and waited for the invoice and finally called, not knowing there was a problem. When I finally got through and got that cleared up (they had no intention of calling to let me know there was an issue apparently), we arranged a delivery time. They said the mattress was coming in stock on the 21st, with delivery on the 26th, which I couldn't do so we agreed on the 27th. I rearranged meetings, and made sure I could be home all day. I was told that I'd get a text message 2 days before. SHOCK, no text message. BIGGER SHOCK, when I called to confirm, the woman put in the wrong date and they had me down for the 29th which I couldn't do. BIGGEST SHOCK, she lied through her teeth and claimed it was never the 27th. When I confronted them with dates and times of conversations, they then backed down and claimed it was 'a misunderstanding'.

NEVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I won't have the mattress for at least another week, and they've gone to great pains to make this as difficult and unpleasant as possible.

saeed rehman Nov 14, 2012

we bought bed with free mattress which is just rubbish, they deliver incomplete pack and when i rang them for missing part then i had
    to wait for another day and take time off my work .i am still going through the worst experience with this company .you would not believe this. we bought three door slidding wardrobe in march 2012 for £480 they delivered us in may i confirmed with the delivery man that if there is any thing missing because, of my previous bed experience, he confirmed that it is complete pack .he left 6 packs with me
    we were doing house renovation it took us long any way in october 2012 i was about to start assembling thewardrobeb then i thought just double check with company if it is complete so i rang them and they shocked me that there should be 9 packs.
    now they are not accepting any responsibility and they have charged me £323.for the missing 3 pack which are the top and base.when
    i requested them they said prices has gone up, but, next day when i enquired through some one else for the same wordrob it was even
    cheaper than before .i am thinking about going to trading standard .they have not only cheated with us but, they have misguided us.

• Cr
    CrottyDog Jun 18, 2020

I have ordered twice in the last year or two. Both times they had to back-order the items. Both times they failed to deliver. The first time was because they had an outside carrier who were useless I was told by two different Store managers! Now they use their own "In_house" delivery fleet, who also failed to deliver. I phoned Customer Service who were equally as useless, & I had to hang on the phone, get cut-off, not get call backs, got calls to the wrong number (The delivery address). Absolutely chaotic from beginning to end on both occasions . I will never buy off Bensons again. There isn't a Company that I have a worse opinion of. I am currently going through The Credit Card Claim system to get my money back. Please don't order off these people, they will go bust anyway now that Covid has hit, & you'll be tied up like I am trying to get your money refunded.

• Cr
    CrottyDog Jun 18, 2020

Addenda: they make you talk to customer services, you can't just go to the store for a refund - surely this is illegal, certainly makes the customer feel bad.