Bensons for Bedsnew bed - order no. a5383117

I have never ever had such bad service. Our bed was ordered and paid for in September. We were advised not to get rid of our old bed until we had a date and time for the new bed to be delivered. This was duly sent by text setting a date of 6th October and a time slot 12noon-6.00pm. We had a phone call at 4.50pm from the driver to say "I won't be delivering the bed as I have run out of driver time" I asked where we would sleep and he said it wasn't his problem where we slept and to phone customer services. He hadn't even got the grace to apologise. It seems no coincidence that the driver phoned just before the warehouse closed. He must have known, if it was true, that we would not be able to deliver ages before this time. It took me 15 minutes to get through to customer services to find out that, surprise, surprise, the warehouse closed at 5.00pm. I am disabled and spent a very uncomfortable night. I lodged a complaint and also emailed a complaint as did my husband. This morning I phoned the warehouse direct to be told that the bed would be delivered today. Half an hour later I had a voicemail to tell me the bed could not be delivered until Monday 12th. I phoned the warehouse and was told the bed would arrive today. It has just arrived and the men have no tools to put it together and were reluctant to carry it upstairs. I will be writing directly to there head office.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices