Bella Terra Cosmeticssales tactics and pricing

I was approached by a sales woman who offered to show me her products. I really that interested but she kept on and on so I agreed. She then put their products on my face and although she kept saying look at the difference, all us ladies know that any make-up will make you look good if applied correctly. However she gave such a good sales pitch about the natural ingredients and how good it is that I asked the price. Unknown to me she already had placed all the products in a bag and then rang them up I nearly died it was $800+ dollars. I said no way, however she was very pushy and intimidating. My husband is over here working and I did not want to cause a scene so I paid by credit card. I was very upset. I have now done some re-search and feel that someone should take action against this company as it appears the hard sell tactic is rife amongst their sales people. When you visit a mall you should not be subject to this behaviour, certainly not in a city with so many visitors. It certainly has put me off and I worry how many others have been bullied in this way.

• De
    Deb Nighbor Thom Sep 09, 2015

I had the same treatment at a mall in Tyler Texas..She would not let it go and I finally bought what I thought was $65 of products ended up to be over $200. Now I know it is also my fault, I should have been paying attention but I JUST WANTED TO GET AWAY FROM HER!!! I signed and left. I was just visiting too, so it is out the window for me. I have been just sick about it..

• Ki
    Kimbemer Jan 12, 2015

I live in the Dallas area and visited a mall in Frisco. The same thing happened to me. I was so frustrated. I kept asking what the total was and could never get a straight answer. After I purchased the product thinking I was only spending 200.00 the salesman walked me over to the hair kiosk that was selling vitamin e and argon oil to get my free sample he promised me. The salesman there was so rude that I walked away without getting my free sample. When I got home I looked at the receipt and I was charged over 600.00. I am so upset and feel like I was robbed but with no way to get my money back. Please if they approach you just walk away. VERY BAD COMPANY DOING VERY BAD BUSINESS.

• Dr
    Drami Jun 07, 2014

My niece and I visited the Houston Galleria last weekend, we were walking to Sephora to buy some foundation . We were stopped by a very niece girl, however after We left the Galleria we both were in shock how we were pressured to buy almost $700 and $200. We kept saying no but she kept putting stuff in the bag. We both love the product but feel we over spent due to the pressure. Now I have a big credit card charge to pay when I was only intending to pay $60.00 now I owe $700 :-(

• Na
    nana fready Sep 11, 2013

I experienced the same. Was approached by a sales girl for bellaterra who claimed she's the manager of that stall in Houston Gelleria. She was very pushy and charged me redicolusly high price! 69.99 each for foundation and blusher, 79.99 for brush ( I wanted foundation brush but when I got home, she gave me shimmer brush!), then charged me 139.99 for the exfoliating gel and could not remember how much for primer. I was only for business trip in Houston so I could not come back and change. BTW, my biggest disappointment is this product is not good for sensitive skin as per their SWARE, it caused my skin break out and clogged. I hope this company will change on how they approach customer and don't cheat.

malcolmnate Dec 17, 2012

I used to work with them, but I’m not Jewish, so they fired me on my first day, also they were mentioned that I will be pay cash which as far as I know it’s an illegal practice.
    Next time you get approached for one of the false “salesmen” threat them with mall authority or even with state police and they will leave you alone immediately they even return your money regardless of the “no money back police that they internally created…. they will scare to death
    Because the majority of those "salesmen" are non USA citizen, or if they are legal citizen, is because through illegal marriages to obtain citizenship... I worked with them

• Ra
    rapnjet82 Nov 28, 2012

The same thing happened to me today at Penn Square Mall in Oklahoma City. I ended up buying the Deluxe Mineral Kit for $541.88 after taxes. I wanted to cry when I saw the price online was $229.00. I am emailing the above email as well as the Oklahoma Attorney Generals office about this.

• Cw
    cwinner Nov 05, 2012

"Jake Smith,  Why don't you come into Rock Executives and say these things to my face? Oh that's right, you won't, because I will knock you out.Rock Executives is not a scam. WE RULE! DURRRRRRRRRRRRSincerely,  Jimmy BrockTeam Rock "

Wow how professional.

• I am writing on behalf of Bella Terra Cosmetics, Inc. and am so sorry to hear about your experience with one of our distributors in the Houston Galleria! This is absolutely not how we intend for our product to be sold. I hope that you will contact us at [email protected] so that we may intervene on behalf of our distributor who actually sold you the products and see if we can resolve this situation fairly for you. We do try our best to ensure the best customer service from each and every one of our distributors and are grateful you have posted your comment, otherwise we here at Bella Terra Cosmetics, Inc. may have never heard about your negative experience. I hope you do reach out to us to give us the opportunity to make this right and we apologize for your experience.