Bella Terra Cosmeticsrefunds & selling practices

L

My naive 17-yr-old daughter was approached by a very agressive salesperson who managed to talk her into a $378 purchase. The next day she realized what had happened and we tried to return the product but the salespeople in the Galleria kiosk refused and referred us to customer service. We sent a copy of the receipt to a person there named Leon who later refused to answer his phone or respond to email. I can't imagine how these people can, with a clear conscience, prey upon teenagers like this.
This business has a BBB rating of F. It has never answered a complaint against it.

• Mo
    Momrocks4787 Sep 20, 2017

I was illegally charged for products I did not request, and was given false price quotes. Under Texas law, these tactics are illegal- as well as the bait and switch. I was told by Deerbrook Mall Police they are known for this behavior. I was told by Property Management the exact opposite- but the security cop knew which kiosk I was talking about without telling him the name of the company- and was told that mall management was looking for one more customer to complain to them and he was thankful I acted quickly on the response of their scam. I have been threatened by Bella Terra employees- and Deerbrook Mall Management and Property Management will not return phone calls, nor will they admit to having any knowledge of these tenenats behaving this way. I have reached out to Bella Terra Corporate- but I will go all the way as so many are liable for the illegal behavior taking place. You cannot quote a price and then charge another and then say that is the prices in the computer. You cannot purchase something with the legal binding agreement that the future prices would be at a cost contingent on the price you paid for half of the price if the price was actually more than what you sold it to me and did not disclose that. I was told the price was $60 but charged $79.99- then told they could never sell the BB cream for less than $35.99. This nullified the purchase agreement. Also, you cannot add products that I never agreed to purchase. I will not remain silent on this.

Jae77 Jan 04, 2016

Bella Terra's RESPONSE to Ivand is NOT a VALID PHONE # - it is Victim Services ???? Go figure - ANOTHER LIE. I hope your business, BellaTerra FAILS --- SOON. LIAR, LIAR, LIAR ... AND with carcinogenic ingredients! NO WAY ANYONE SHOULD USE THIS CRAP + THEY WON'T ANSWER CALLS - that shows they have NO honesty, NOR ethics and they CANNOT be trusted. They do deserve BBB's rating of FFFFFFF

• Be
    Bella Terra Cosmetics Nov 05, 2013

Hi Ivand -

We are very sorry for your experience and we acknowledge the unsavory sales tactics put forth by some of our kiosk operators and do not condone this type of treatment. We take complaints from our customers very seriously and work feverishly to resolve any issue in a timely manner, including the poor treatment of customers from our kiosk operators. Unfortunately the kiosk operators act independently of Bella Terra Cosmetics, Inc. and so our recourse is limited.

We encourage customers of Bella Terra Mineral Cosmetics to contact the corporate office should they have any issue including but not limited to returns, complaints or product inquiries. We can be reached toll free at [protected] or by email at [email protected]

-Bella Terra

• Ge
    Genie Conner Dec 31, 2012

I was in the Memorial City Mall and had the same thing happen to me. The makeup is not worth the price. They tell you that it will not come off on your cell phone...that is not true. Also, it cakes really badly and it you have any lines or wrinkles it will make them look even worse. I am going to try to return it but after the reviews I am not very hopeful. Someone needs to do something about this company so that everyone is not scammed by this company.

• Da
    dalsobrook Nov 20, 2011

I had the same experience at the Willobrook mall. The salesman's name was Oshi and was horribly pushy and rude!

• Ln
    lnd1215 Nov 27, 2010

This is what happened to me as well. I'm a teenager and i was with my teenage friend walking through the mall (i don't have much experience at all with the sales tactics of these people). I approached the kiosk at my local mall to take a pamphlet she was handing to me and she started with the 'let me show you something amazing' stick. she began to show me the makeup on the back of my hand (not asking me, instead saying 'let me see your hand' which i hesitantly gave her) and repeatedly asked me to pick colors i liked and would use to show me. she (badly) put on some eyeliner and lip gloss using water and Vaseline on the eye makeup to turn it into those things, no once asking me if i wanted her to and instead instructing me to 'hold out my hand' and 'take off my glasses for her'. so i let he go through her sales pitch intending to walk away but this time when she asked me to pick ones i like she started whispering with the whole 'just for you I'll give it to you for...' pitch.

I ended up walking away with 30 dollars worth of make-up i was given no time until after my debit card was swiped to think about whether i actually wanted or not. And when i walked back around to return the items when i realized i didn't want them was when i noticed the 'no refunds' sign, about the size of a card store greeting card sitting directly above the register. I would have had to be standing directly behind the person to see it and even closer to read what was on it. The 'no refunds' was also on the receipts, which i only received after she had swiped me card and bagged the products. She never once mentioned that policy before, during of even as i was walking away and the sign was not readily visible to the customers at all. Very underhanded tactics in my opinion. I will be calling or emailing Bella Terra directly and informing them of this in hopes of getting a refund.