Bell Mobility — cancelling an account for a deceased parent
My mom had a bell mobility account that she got for me and just a year after I got the phone she passed away. I called Bell Mobility in April to find out how I could cancel the account and was told that I was responsible as I was on her account. So instead of paying $400 to terminate the 2 years she had left so I continued to pay every month. Than the other week I called as I wanted to make changes to lower my bill and was told that I was not authorized as I was not an account holder, my name was on the account but only to inquire about services. I was than informed that because it has been more than 90 days I could no longer cancel the account. They than proceed to tell me that there is no record that I ever called in, surprised...not in the least. I got upset where I was crying and I said please just cancel the account and I will pay whatever is outstanding and I was informed that I was not authorized to cancel, I than explained that my mother was dead are you telling me that I am stuck with a bell mobility phone forever or till the day I DIE...that is just crazy, my mom was the only one on the account and she has passed on and can no longer give authorization to cancel the account obviously...Do they not understand the meaning of DEAD...
More Bell Mobility Complaints & Reviews
- Bell Canada / Asurion - unfair business practice and poor customer service
- Bell Canada - collection agency
- Bell Canada - constant billing errors
- Bell Canada - over billing
- Bell Canada - harassment customer service
- Bell Canada - product complaint (poor customer)
- Bell Canada - internet phone cable pods
- Bell Canada - internet
- Bell Canada - tv
- Bell Canada - over charge and not addressing the problem that I complain for several weeks now.