BeautiControlTotal scam

I hosted a 'spa party' at my house. Hayley Skladanek was the BeautiControl consultant there. Party was great. However, I started getting complaints from the people at my party about their orders. Apparently, Hayley had signed two of the girls up to be consultants without their knowledge. The two girls were bombarded with phone calls and emails on how to be a BeautiControl Consultants for weeks. It took them 4 weeks to get their refund.

Hayley cashed all of our checks before submitting the orders and she would give us our refunds. I ordered a MicroDerm Abrasion skin set that came with a brush for your face. When I received my order, the brush was used!

I confronted her and she called me a drunk. She has yet to give all the refunds and orders to several other girls. I called BeautiControl and they have not done anything to reprimand her. In fact they claim that they are merely a supplier to the consultants and furthermore, these consultants do not have follow their return policy. I have filed a complaint against them for misrepresentation. These independent consultants come into our homes and give us their sale's pitch on what Beauticontrol is and how they honor the 30 days money back guarantee. Yet, they are enforced to do so.

I have filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commision for redistributing use personal hygiene products which could potential spread diseases. Do not order any from Hayley or BeautiControl.

• De
    De LaFreniere Apr 08, 2016

There are good and bad consultants...and each company has products that may work for some...better than for others...I find it awful that some have way TOO much time on their hands to keep sending around the same complaint...doesn't matter if it's about a consultant OR a product.
    Deal with it and get on with your life...life is too short to spend it just complaining!!!

• Da
    DaniCHI Nov 29, 2014

You must be an awfully miserable person, or a scam... 610 pages of negative reviews? How is that even possible? Who would take the time to complain that much?

I was searching reviews because I ordered a bunch of BeautiControl product that the consultant didn't have on hand for me to sample so I wanted to see what people were saying. In my experience, there was no hard sales tactics or pressure to my guests to host a party. She just joked around with us, we played games, she gave a few treatments to guests. It was a great time and the product that I tried, I really liked. She briefly mentioned that if guests are interested in becoming a consultant, you can enjoy the benefit of the discount with no pressure to sell in high volume. Overall, I was pleased and so were my guests. Some people just can never be pleased though.

• Mi
    Miel141 Mar 31, 2013

I am a consultant and I have been for years. And whoever paid 650 dollars to sign up got scammed by the person that signed you up. As far as this issue with the consultant cashing the checks before you got your order she had to get her product. I tell my customers half up front that way I have their trust since they aren't getting the product plus they usually purchase more. You obvious didn't do your homework on the consultant and that's not the company's fault. They have a 30 day return policy you should of returned it. Yes that comes out of our own pocket. BeautiControl is an excellent company and you should give them another chance I would be more than happy to take anyone on as my client. My mom has been using their stuff for over 30 years she even sold it. I used it for 15 years and finally decided to and love it. I use to have horrible skin now I have great skin!!!

• Om
    Ombudsman666 Nov 15, 2012

I just wonder how Beautg Control hires an employee that gets fired from Mary Kay for fraude. This agent name is Michelle Martinez from Sanford, Florida. She held a top ppsition in her area, Cadillac and everything, got fired and hired by this company...amazing.

• Aw
    AwesomeSpaGirl Jun 11, 2012

I am a new BC spa consultant. I can tell you that either you're a scam artist who wants free stuff or you all were drunk DURING the spa. BeautiControl is a legitimate company with legitimate spa girls. From other comments, I see you've been posting this for 7 years. It's about time you stop crying wolf and save the margaritas for AFTER the spa.

• Ro
    rosebrejcha May 25, 2012

Im a beauticontrol consultant. For one she shoud have told you about it before having you sign aggreement on becoming one. She might have forgot to do so.When you sign up as a consultant you have 2 options 1 you can sell our products and have the oppertunity to make money..OR you can join just to get the discounted products for yourself instead of dealing with regular prices. Along u have to go to beautiYou training...you dont have to really pay attention if your not interested but the class is alot of fun along with putting on make-up and knowing more about the products and winning prizes!!! also u get the free MicroDerm Abrasion skin set for FREE so of course ur saving money on that so why wouldnt you go? plus when u host ur first spa party and get 250 dollars in sales you get 250 dollars worth the FREE products in the book. So those 2 right there are u earning free products plus getting discounts on anything you want. You will get emails from beauticontrol because beauticontrol is thinking that you are selling when you are not..so just ignore and delete if you dont plan on sellng these products. Simple as that. Plus if u want to stay in the consultant program you pay 100 dollars every 4 months. But you could sell a few products and there you go!...does this work for you now?. Another thing is if you ordered the MicroDerm Abrasion skin set ..did she give it to you out of "her" inventory or did she order it online? IF YOU WERE NOT HAPPY SHE SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT YOU A NEW ONE. Do NOT diss our company just because a consultant wasnt good at what she was doing and how she handled the situation. www.beautipage.com/rosebrejcha

• Sc
    ScentsySpaDiva Apr 18, 2012

I am totally floored at some of these comments regarding BeautiControl. 1st I want to say that BeautiControl does guarantee their products and if you are not satisfied they will either replace the product or refund your money. 2nd they do have a list of every single ingredient that are in their products, you can even type in whatever it is that you're allergic to or don't want in your product and it will bring up everything that has that particular ingredient in it. Then to the women that mentioned she bought the overnight cream and it was the one actually used at the party, why would you buy something that you knew had been used? As far as training and help, I also just joined BeautiControl and I also sell Scentsy but the training and guidance that I've received through BC has been wonderful and as someone else stated, you have to be motivated and sign up for the meetings and classes you can not expect someone to do it for you!
    As for the original complaint I'm guessing that she did not sign these girls up without their knowledge because you have to have a social security # and signature of the person signing up and the forms are sent into BC's home office, she probably offered the startup kit that was either $125 or $99 depending if it was on sale and these girls wanted their products for cheaper. Just because you bought the startup kit and it classifies you as a consultant does not mean you have to sell the products, you can just purchase at a discount. That's what's great about BC is that they don't make you sell or do parties you can just sign up to get the discount that is offered to consultants! And I'm confused about the brush being used, my brush has been being used for 2-3 months and you can not tell at all and when she delivered your product why didn't you check it out right then and there? Also she HAS to cash the checks before ordering product duh! What was she supposed to pay outta her own pocket then take the chance of someone's check bouncing? No that would be absurd!
    As far as any other complaints about the products, everyone has their opinion on how and what works best for them but it doesn't mean because you didn't like it or it didn't work for you that it won't do something different for someone else!

• Li
    lissawbh Aug 19, 2011

I just want to say, that I am glad I read these reviews. The good and the bad. If anything it has made me more cautious of any choice I may end up making.

• Sh
    Sherry Eagles Aug 06, 2011

I bought the Regeneration overnight for almost $53 - $58 and I used it twice and it was empty. It was the same bottle the Rep used for the party. I love the product but I paid her and have sent her several emails with no response. Attaching someone that was ripped off like me doesn't promote the company it damages it even more. Word of mouth is a million words! I don't expect a company could be perfect but it would be nice to have the product I paid for.

JennCT Feb 04, 2011

I too tired to find a product list on the website as i was invited to a party this week and I am very careful about what i use on my skin. I do not believe in using toxins on my body. I found one person who is a consultant that said there products "are less toxic then some"...not very comforting... I think it is odd though that people bash each other on here.. it is about the company and the customer service.. it should not be about personal attacks.. just because you are a consultant does not mean the company can dono wrong... im sure some of these companies have good products and im sure some people may evenmake a few dollars... none of them are going to provide a true residual income or enough to support your self ... that is how mlm's work... first one in wins and everyone else loses... that does not mean they are illegal or have bad products ... just means they are not a great way to support onesself...also.. i suggest checking the cosmetic safety data base before buying form companies like avon and arbonne... they often make safety claims about their products that just arent true... and they are not always safe to use on your self or your children. We all need to be concerned consumers. And all companies should have a 100% satisfaction guarentee or there is a problem. If they dont stand behind their product ...obviously something is wrong...

• Ms
    Ms. Always Right Feb 02, 2011

actually she has to cash in your check so she can buy it. it's like a retailer. you have to buy it from a wholesale before selling it. she probably signed them up because they had their names and numbers down somewhere. it's okay beauty control never forces you to buy anything if you say no than it's no. you really don't kno the process of beauty control ever. how ridiculous of you going around blogging about something you don't. lol I agree with "Saving face."

• Se
    sebring222 Dec 30, 2010

I can't believe randr recommended Clinique, Lancome & Estee Lauder. Clinique is like putting water on your face and Estee Lauder is horribly overpriced and burned MY skin. Don't know about Lancombe. I use Beauticontrol and it's great. Arbonne is good too. The Beauticontrol consultants I've delt with are awesome. To each their own.

• Do
    Doogie houser Oct 11, 2010

Ok, I used to work for this company, I actually made the product as a production tech. Most of beauticontrol product is crap! The eye patches that a lady previosly raved about is 98 0/0 water and the rest is witch hazel. Product that routinely fails microbial testing is still sent out. The things that go on there would floor you. Thank God my wife finished college and we moved back to the east coast because I don't think I could have made that product with a clear conscience much longer and I just found out that some of the employees and management that started to speak up about this stuff were fired or forced into early retirement. So don't promote this product people it's just not right!

• Bn
    bnatural Oct 08, 2010

I have recently gone to a spa party for BC and loved the products. I am currently researching the ingredients b/c I ordered Murad for my skin before the party because my skin has become acne prone since I stopped breastfeeding my youngest six months ago. I was considering becoming a consultant so that I could get the anti-aging results that I experienced in the spa and share the results with family and friends. To make enough money for my first kit and to join, I have planned 3 spa parties and have yet to set the date for two... Can anyone tell me why this would not be a good idea? I have heard mixed reviews and haven't seen anything terribly toxic in the products myself yet.. But would like to hear more from the esthetician on her thoughts?

Thanks

B

saving face Sep 18, 2010

You sound like one of those women who want free suff and wants to buy, use, and return products.
    Shame on you.
    I hope Hayley does not have children to support.
    You are a miserable woman, obviously.
    Making others miserable will never make your life better.
    You need some help.

• La
    ladyinpink Aug 30, 2010

I am a consultant and the price to become one is $95. The training is an extra $15. If you didn't receive product, then you should have called the 1-800 number. They have always sent me any missed items.

There is no return policy, however I always make returns. This comes out of my own profit. So, I can see how some people would not refund. However, I have only had a few items that people were unhappy with.

• La
    LauraMKConsultant Aug 13, 2010

I recently met a woman who works for BeautiControl as a consultant--at the Mary Kay skin care class I was teaching! (I'm a MK consultant obviously.) This woman is awesome and I'm sure she's a great consultant. Each company has good and bad people. I have no beef with her or BeautiControl. She bought a ton of makeup from me and I would have no problem checking out her products.

Regarding the disclosure of ingredients: I know for an absolute fact that you can get the ingredients of ALL of the MK products from your MK Consultant. I have a client who is allergic to one ingredient in our Timewise line and I always check every product before I even allow her to pay me or try it. I want happy customers because a happy customer will come back to me. If you use MK and have any questions regarding product content, ask your consultant and she can get that information for you. Thanks!

• Le
    lemondrop May 26, 2010

I do not understand how the company cannot be responsible for its own representatives! Thats like saying you get a bad waitress and complain but the manager tells you, look they just serve the food and represent our company in no way! Obsurd! I have had the same problem. I had a consultant deliver me a used product and then wanted to argue with me about it being used, this particular consultant also promised to order me the neck wrap and I have yet to see it! Thank goodness I have not paid for it. She also told me that a particular line would no longer be avaliable and convinced me to buy up abunch of products from this line, after doing so I checked the website and yep you guessed it, nearly 6 months later the line is still avaliable. This particular consultant also advertises herself and beauticontrol products on her personal myspace and facebook pages, and at the same time has myspace and facebook "drama" where she uses foul language and posts hurtful, childish, immature remarks about people. HOW UNPROFESSIONAL! DOes this company not require some kind of background on their representatives???? This particular consultant disgusts me with the immature and childish remarks on her personal networking pages that she advertises her products on. In my opinion the company should be responsible for its reps, I have spoke with several other of my friends who have had bad experiences with Beauticontrols reps to the point they now use other companies for their skin care needs. If anybody has had any luck filing a complaint, please let me know!!!

• Bc
    BCbeauti Mar 15, 2010

As BeautiControl consultant, I love their products! I have NEVER had a problem the entire time I've been with the company, and I hope that anyone that has had a problem has gone to their consultant or above! I have absolutely no problem going through the product ingredient list with a client over the phone, and make sure that anyone I speak to about BeautiControl gets all the information they need and want. I once was a Mary Kay consultant and found that if you really worked their program you could get results. I will also say that if you needed help, they were definitely there for you. I left Mary Kay because if you couldn't attend training right away, then you were kind of discarded as if you were a lost-cause. Fast forward 4 years later I am with BC and couldn't be happier. My sensitive skin has been clearing up and if you use their products PROPERLY you see great results! I have a friends within Arbonne, Mary Kay, BeautiControl, Avon, and Amway, I suggest as always that you do your homework before buying or have a consultation and ask many questions while the seller, consultant, etc is in front of you. The ones that love what they do will go above and beyond to get you the information you want and need, as well find out whatever they don't already know.

• Tr
    trixilea Jul 28, 2018

@BCbeauti My mother-in-law sold BC products for over 15 years and we absolutely loved them. While Jinger Heath was running the company, the products were above wonderful as was the company. When it sold, the products were either discontinued or formulas changed constantly. I can no longer get the products BC was noted for. I am very disappointed with the powers that be on completely ruining the brand!

• Ca
    casey10 Jan 27, 2010

@ randr Have you ever had a chemical peel from a spa? If beauti control products burned your face I hate to see what an enzyme peel would do. And you honestly think Clinique, Lancome, and Estee Lauder are great products?! I think it would be wise for you to speak with an esthetician. You also need to look at the ingredients found in those products! I'm an esthetician and I decided to become a beauti control consultant so I could stay at home with my daughter. I absoulutely love their products I have never had a complaint. I think they are alot better than some of the proffessional products I've used. I'm sorry you got a bad consultant, but that does not mean every beauti control consultant is like that.

• Ra
    randr Nov 18, 2009

I attended one of these "parties" recently. What a scam! Awful products that burned my face. A dopey looking "consultant" who kept bragging about her skin. I figured her to be in her early 50's. She was 36!! I wouldn't put this crap on my dog. And judging by the snarky comments by people on this blog who sell it, it looks like a scam. Look if you want good skin, invest in something like Clinique, Lancome or Estee Lauder. If you want to make money from home, do it by selling reputable products that people actually want and need.

• Am
    AmieInCleveland Jul 27, 2009

I have just signed up to be a consultant and while I am confident in the future I will make for myself with this company, I cannot support some of the comments from other consultants. The girl that recruited me is a very good friend but a terrible consultant. Her spas are very sloppy and she ignores showing anyone the catalog. Instead, her whole mission is just to present the new consultant package to sign people up under her. While that is something we all want, it is completely ignoring everyones individual needs. We were going to work together as a team but I have backed away from that. She has gone to spas after being up all night and looked totally unprofessional. She has also cancelled spas 1 hr before because she was drunk. While I can assure people that these consultants aren't the norm, it is happening and there is no real reprimanding from the company. So we need to respect that one woman's experience creates alot of word of mouth. Instead of quickly defending the consultant, choose to defend the company and product instead. Tell people there are other consultants out there who can represent our high quality products with poise, presence, and concern for the clients needs.

• Kr
    Krystal May 22, 2009

Just to clear up some confusion with Jeana, Arbonne is proud of not disclosing their ingredients. In fact they have them posted and if you have a catalog their ingredient list is in the back and tells you what each of them is used for. They also list them on the website. so you might want to re-check that.

• Me
    Melissa May 08, 2009

Wow!! I am reading all these comments about BeautiControl and I am truly disgusted!! I am a BeautiControl Consultant and absolutely love what I do. The products are awesome and I have never had any problems with them. As a matter of fact, I have clients that beg me to never stop selling BeautiControl because it is the only product that has ever worked for them. As far as the Spa goes, there must have been some bad consultants and I am sorry about the bad experiences, but the products sell themselves. When I do a Spa, I make it alot of fun. My spas have been in high demand and I am constantly booked. I have been signing up people left and right because they saw the awesome money making opportunity. Sounds like some of these people who are posting seriously do not know what they are talking about because if they have truly tried BeautiControl products, the bad spa would not matter. Don't knock BeautiControl just because you had a bad consultant. It is just like anyting else, Just because you found one bad apple does not mean the whole tree is bad. GET OVER IT!!! Use the Products, they will make you look younger. Experience the new Instant Face Lift, you will love it and see INSTANT RESULTS>...

• Po
    Polly Apr 13, 2009

I honestly think that part of the new consultant training is for YOU to take some initiative to make sure there is a training in your area, and you attend it. That's what I did, and I got my entire kit and then some. Responsibility lies with the consultant to make sure she is trained.
    As far as the other complaint goes, get over it and move on. This woman joined the company and wound up scamming you in the process of representing Beauticontrol. This can happen with any company, not just Beauticontrol. I don't scam anyone, because Karma comes back to get you. Besides, it is illegal to do so, and not a very courteous way to promote your business. Get another consultant if you liked the product, or order it online! I am a beauticontrol consultant and offer special deals and discounts, gifts and more to my customers. It's called treating people right!
    As far as you know Beauticontrol took action upon this consultant and she has been suspended. That will mean that she might likely be the Mary Kay rep now, or a Jewelry rep and will continue to scam people. That's a shame, but connect it to HER name, not Beauticontrol-as there are a lot of us who offer superior customer service and go out of our way to make sure our customers have the best service!
    In the meantime, please feel free to contact me and I can order and give you what she did not at MY cost, so you are out only a portion of your monies. I am sorry this happened to you, and would like to offer this to you.

Have a nice day, and perhaps you will--just remember that what goes around does come around, so know that she has likely paid her penalty by now.

Yours,
    Polly www.beautipage.com/polly

JeanaVotreVu Apr 02, 2009

In trying to find a skin care line that was open, honest, upfront I have found Arbonne, Mary Kay and BeautiControl to be horrible with disclosure to consumers and potential consultants, such as myself. Truely a buyer beware situation.

All three companies refuse to disclose their ingredients to consumers via the website. When I called Arbonne I was told that in order to get a list of ingredients I had to pay the Preferred Customer fee of $29 or purchase products. They refused to read ingredients to me over the phone when I inquired about a specific products. The customer service rep. was rude and kept interrupting me!! Horrible treatment of someone who had considered being a consultant.

BeautiControl was the same. They refused to give me ingredients over phone and refuse to disclose to the consumer their ingredients on the website. My questions were not answered directly about the consultant program. They put me on hold numerous times, logging 35 minutes on my cell phone bill. Unacceptable!

The only company I found to give complete disclosure was Votre Vu; a new company on the market. Naturally-based ingredients all made in Paris, France. When I called customer service I was treated with the upmost respect as a consumer.
    I loved the products so much I signed on as a consultant and even as a consultant my concerns are heard and they want to make sure consumers are heard and helped, as well. I highly suggest checking out the program and would love any of you to give it a try. www.votrevu.com/jeanapayne

anonymous Mar 31, 2009

Shawnda,
    Did you sign up under a director? If so, you need to get with your director, and/or recruit and find out what the deal is. I have recently joined and know a LOT of people who have and have never had this problem. Trying to go to an attorney will cost you WELL over $650, at least for a decent one. You really really need to talk to those that you signed up under, and if they cant help you go to corporate.
    Also, there is not a start up package that costs that much, so Im not sure if you order extra things. Also the "bonus pack" which is the makeup etc you do not get until after you have completed BeautiControl Univ. Your recruit should have been in touch with you, and if not find out who your director is, and who your regional person is, it will be on your home page when you log in to your consultant part of BeautiControl. You should have received and email when you were signed up with your consultant # info.

Also, I have been using BeautiControl for years, and have only had one bad experience which was with the All Clear, I have sensitive skin, and it was just too much for my face, they have since changed the product, but I have found that the regular skinlogics works fine for me...

I have read your exact complaint on other pages that were posted in 2005, as stated before by other people. I don't blame you for being upset with what apparently happened to you, however, I dont think going around bashing BeautiControl will get anything accomplished. Especially 3-4 years down the road. You got a bad consultant, and yeah that really really stinks. BeautiControl is a huge company, and I know that they DO honor their return policy, and the consultants are supposed to honor that as well per their consultant agreement. It really stinks that you were un happy with ONE of the products, which has changed dramatically since 2005, I infact used it a week ago, with no reactions etc. EVERYONE is different, EVERYONE's skin is different.
    I have had to return things to BeautiControl, such as the AllCLear that I mentioned before, and had NO problem what-so-ever, granted I just went through my consultant and she did everything for me. ...

I know this is long, and might seem drawn out, but I stand behind what I do, and I want other people to know that BeautiControl offers great products, and does stand behind their word. I know from personal experience, as I said before I have been around it for years. To all of those thinking of using it, or selling it, do your research, talk to the person you are trying to sign up under, and if you are just thinking about doing it, go online, check it out, talk to people who are involved it, check with the people you are talking to about joining. Talk to directors, and sr. reps.

• Sh
    shawnda Feb 06, 2009

I'm a Beauticontrol consultant and i need some help with were to go
    1.Attorney really thinking about this!!
    so i really need some help how many people have been scamed
    me put my money into this and they never sent all of my kit
    i was lied to was told that there would be some training nothing
    no return phone call nothing so they got away with 650.oo dollars
    do you know were to start .would love to take them down
    i so sure i'm not the only one here...
    please help

• Ta
    Tamera Nov 16, 2008

I have recently joined the BeautiControl business as a consultant. I was VERY unsure of it at first because I hadn't heard a lot of things about BeautiControl. Matter of fact, my best friend of 15 years, her mother sells MaryKay and wanted me to recruit under for years. I kept turning her down because no marykay product ever REALLY worked for me. I've used a ton of the products with no results. But as SOON as I was introduced to some of BeautiControl's products, I saw INSTANT results! No kiding.. INSTANT. We have the most amazing anti-aging products around.. Instead of botox we have eye patches that work just as well, instead of getting a face lift, try the TFF (Tight Firm and Fill cream) its AMAZING. My mother tried it (she's 59) and saw instant results and bought it right away. I think whoever your consultant was .. she wasnt in it seriously, or.. like someone else commented, You all consumed a little too much alcohol at your party and was misinformed. You should really stop spreading around these IGNORANT views on a company you OBVIOUSLY know NOTHING about.
    www.beautipage.com/tameram

Jenny Nov 11, 2008

I think "all" she wanted was a personal apology from Hayley outside of having herself and friends taken care of and refunded by Hayley and Beauti-Control. I say this from reading her "three year old" email as well. I am not personally for or against MLM meaning "any" beauty company involved in these home parties, just would recommend that consultants and hostess/buyers alike be as informed as possible before doing any. I say this as one whom is licensed and with all licenses and several certifications in the beauty industry for the last 11 years. "I still don't know all and have invested total over $40, 000 in education in this industry for the last 11 years." She has a right to complain for a million years online and else where and it is not slander if it did indeed happen. (I do not know) My personal take is that this is simply a reminder of buyer beware and those whom chose to represent these companies and products make sure they are doing so with intergrity for it is "Your Personal" reputation that will be questioned, knocked down more than any company...they do protect themselves and "very" well. What I do know is that "if" anyone is compelled to complain for three years straight and so much that others within this company are taking notice "then something" went horribly wrong. Just my opinion.

• Kh
    KH Aug 28, 2008

SERIOUSLY!!! GET A LIFE!!! You first posted this exact same message on another blog in 2005!!! I would sue you for slander if I was Hayley. Also, in another blog, you stated her director gave everyone refunds within about 2-3 months so what are you still pissing and moaning about????

• Kh
    KH Aug 22, 2008

I hope Hayley sues you for slander and libel since you've been posting the same hateful message for THREE YEARS!!! Get over it and learn to forgive.

• Vi
    Vicki Carr Jul 09, 2008

Sounds like a personal problem with your friend. Each consultant is a separate business entity, as I understand it. The company is under no obligation to fix your problem with this woman. Your story causes me to surmise there may have been a bit of liquor consumed at the spa party. Clearer heads should have prevailed. My exposure to the products is all good. You just got a bad rep.