Beallsmaking women do men's work!

B

I do not work at Bealls, but I know some people that do.I have heard many, many complaints about the over expectations of the female workers to unload freight from incoming trucks.I'm talking pallets and pallets full of freight, being unloaded by petite woman, without the convenience of pallet jacks, fork lifts, etc., etc.
These woman(GOD BLESS THEIR SOULS)are coming home from work, with sore muscles, pulled muscles, aching backs, etc., etc., etc.Sometimes these women have to take a day or two off, just to recooperate...IS THIS FAIR???
Unloading freight should be a mans job PERIOD!
If you have any concern whatsoever for your female employees, you would NOT have them unloading freight, let the guys do it!Then let the female employees do the stocking of the said freight.This only makes sense from a profit-loss margin, but also from an employer that actually cares about their employees.The bottom line is to make money, but if your making your employees do things that get them hurt(physically-mentally)than your going to lose money...Happy employees make you more money, PERIOD!!!

• Kl
    KLO51 Sep 10, 2018

Can someone explain how discounts are applied with the card?

Today I bought an item already marked down but at register she applied the discount to the original price leaving the item at the discounted price. No be night to customer!

• Wa
    WAT? Aug 21, 2018

What's the point of printing contact phone number on back of credit card in location where card number is imprinted so that it cannot be read????????
    Less stupid designers would locate at top on back of card!!
    Same idiot wants me to fill this out to 350 ch. OK
    +_)(**&^^%%%09876655234364758696846363784855663524525^&***&^%$$%^&****&%$#@#$%^&*((**&

• Am
    Amie82 Apr 18, 2015

Tampa FL, Bealls outlet Manager on Florida Ave next to Wal-Mart very rude. I will not shop at any bealls or affiliate of bealls and will be telling friends and family not to go there also.

Angela832 Mar 22, 2015

Bealls outlet in lady lake, employees are slow returns take forever. They have to call supervisors for everything, when they won't come up front for half an hour. If you don't remember your card and the system isn't looking up the number or email you lose your discount.

• Ha
    Hawksfan61 Aug 06, 2014

I bought a pair of sandals Saturday that didn't fit. I took them back Tuesday, and had ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM getting store credit for the full amount ! I asked the pleasant young man who said that the only way you get less is if that item went on sale..basically you can't try to take something back that you bought 2 months ago and expect full price. Had they been put on sale for $5 less, that is what I would have got for credit. As far as giving your dl#, it bothers me to give it also, but it is what it is...

• Su
    Susan T. H. Jul 15, 2014

I went to the Beall's Outlet in Crawfordville, Florida on 6/23/14. After looking for a carry on bag for an upcoming airline flight for over 30 minutes without any offer of help from employees, I finally found one. I was in line to purchase it at 8:55, and was VERY rudely told by a young dark-haired salesperson, "We are CLOSED!" She then opened the locked door and almost shoved me outside. I have purchased hundred of dollars of merchandise from this store.
    Never again. :(

marywin Jan 08, 2013

To Whom It May Concern: Here are my concerns about Store #626, 4300 W Tennessee, Tallahassee, FL

1. I am a concerned customer that shops at your store on weekly/monthly bases
    2. I was wondering if the store employs are aloud to take part in the “Moving of the Dots”
    3. It concerns me that soon as the doors open that the store employs know and locate the discounted items within seconds
    4. If the store employs are aloud to shop on the “Moving of the Dots”, then ok, but it is not fair to the other customers when the store employs know and locate the 95% item in seconds,
    5. Since there are cameras, then look and see what goes on the last past several months on the “Moving of the Dots” days
    6. I am just wondering if this is right or fair to the other paid customers

• Ex
    ex employee of bealls yeah Nov 17, 2012

Bealls outlet is the worst company to work for and shop at they are so fake they act like they care for there employees but they dont. I will never shop at any Bealls or Bealls outlet they are a joke...

• Ai
    AinttheTruth Aug 17, 2012

I had the same thing happen to me. Well FIRST I TRIED to shop there and picked out three pairs of shoes. BUT the line was sooooo long and only one cashier. I had to abandon my purchases. So I got one pair of shoes as a gift from Bealls. I'm not sure if they bought the wrong style. Similar but not exaclty same. Anyway these crocs hurt. I took them back..they said no problem go pick out shoes. Then at check out..they rung up both paird of shoes and them the return..BUT THEN she said I owed $35 I said what?The shoes were haning on the rack for $41.99 but Bealls was only going to give me $21 and asked if that was OK. I left screaming obscenities. THERE is no way I am GIVING BEALLS a $41.99 pai of shoes and taking $21 off. It is a SCAM. I went on Amazon and bought $143 in shoes. He he and got another pair from ShoeBUY. PEOPLE you dont have to stop goign to Bealls. Go there Try on thier shoes..and then buy elsewhere. No way was I going to tell the gift giver I need a receipt. Bealls would have yet another excuse. They lost my business over $20 scam.

• Ge
    ge224 Jul 19, 2012

I went to Bealls outlet to return some items I never used and were never opened. The day I returned them I had my receipt and my debit card they were purchased on. After shopping through the store for about 1 1/2 hours I returned to the counter and had told the sales associate that I had a bag behind the counter with a couple items that I needed to return and just wanted to get a store credit in exchange instead of getting my money back. The sales associate asked me if I had my visa debit card that the items were purchased on and I said yes and got it out of my wallet. Then she told me that since I had my card on me that they could not issue me a store credit and that the money had to go back on the card. That was the policy, she repeated. I explained to her that I didn't want my money back that I just wanted to exchange and that they would loose the sale if I was not able to do that. She absolutely refused to give me a store credit and lost the sale. I tried reaching the regional manager Vickie Vaughn and have not received any phone call back. Can someone please explain to me why this happened?? Is that really the policy or was I just dealing with an associate who obviously for many reasons was not trained right?

Zerodaj Jun 30, 2012

It s more like a 1.5. Some of the employess are friendly. Others, not so much. Store may look nice, but it s the other dumbapple (to be clean) customers that leave their crap all over the damn floor in the fitting rooms! Why can t you pigs at least put them back on the hangers and leave them on the Gp-Back racks that they provide for you! The star rating is more for everything, the product, employees, and other customers. I ALWAYS put my clothes that I don t want not only on the hangers, but also BACK were I found them! Even BEFORE I worked in retail. You know why? Because it s not that f---n hard, dumbapples! Do it right, or DON T do it at all! BTW, I work at Target, so don t go thinking it s one of their employees like a dumbapple would think. You filthy pigs! Wonder what your house looks like! Ha! I m right, right? Oh, yeah.

Do any of you pigs even bother to think how hard it is to take of a retail store? We work very hard to keep it clean for you and what do you do? You fu---- it up!

I know this was supposed to be a review of Bealls Outlet, but now you know both how I feel about the store here itself, and how hard retail employees work. Target and Wal Mart is just sooo much better. This one female supervisor, is soo rude to a lot of people, including the two employees with her. I feel that they get the brunt of her wrath. So much more mean to them, than the customers.

Here is what you all need to know. They re probably short on hours, as it is with Target and Wal Mart as well. I do (used to) shop at this Bealls Outlet often. I noticed that there are ALWAYS three people at any given shift. Three leave from the morning, and three must leave at night. There are no middle shifts!

Another thing regarding above, this time, in favor of Bealls Outlet. For those customers who complain about how there are no employees to greet or help you out on the floor? Short supply of hours is the reason. So, for the love of everything good and great, GIVE THEM A BREATHER! There are only three people! They can t help it! If there is a super long line, and only three employees, the supervisor and the two other employees, CUT them some SLACK!!! There is no fourth person to help you out on the floor!!! Sheesh!!!

So, in conclusion, all you pigs out there, respect the store, any retail store, and put the clothes BACK on the hanger, OUT of the fitting rooms, and ON the go-back racks. AT LEAST!!!
    For all you good customers, Cut them at this store some slack, please!!! Short on hours, short on how many people can be out on the floor at any given morning and closing shift, please! Come on! I know you are all not completely stupid! Right? Thank you. I needed to vent so bad.

This applies to all Bealls Outlets of Florida, Fort Myers, and to all retail stores in general (the part about being kept clean by BOTH the hard working employees and dumb customers. As any retail employee might (about 80%) will agree with me.

Zerodaj Jun 30, 2012

Now that you know the policies, what now? You can always shop at Wal*Mart.

Zerodaj Jun 30, 2012

You stupid people will complain about anything when it comes to Bealls Outlet, won't you? The store policy is what it is. If you can't hack it, DON'T GO THERE DUMBA--!! I imagine that the only negative votes this comment gets is because you are all childish and stupid. "Ah, well, look here what someone put! Well, I'm gonna show you and vote down on your comment!" Am I right? RIght.

Bealls Outlet has the policies it has to protect its employees, it merchandise, and its customers. FYI, which for the illiterate, stands for "for your information", you DON'T have to shop there!!! Uh...duh.

• Es
    eskiimex Jun 20, 2012

Bealls Outlet frowns upon theft both externally and internally. Your information is recorded to monitor the amount of returns you are doing without receipts. If you really did pay for the items and return them with a receipt then no need to provide other documentation. As far as the unloading of the trailer, women and men go in to the company and apply for a job and are given the details of the position. Floor work includes unloading freight. All these years women complain that they are treated differently than men in the work place...well if you wouldnt cry about your job and doing what is in your job description your wouldnt be treated differently. Bealls treats all their employees equally because they would be discriminating against women if they said they were not allowed to unload the truck and same for men if they were the only ones who were allowed. Bealls does not treat every person that walks through the door as a criminal, you only see it that way because you have criminal tendencies. If you have a problem with being provided customer service, them maybe you shouldnt be there shopping. If you have no receipt and go and return an item they are going to give it to you for what the price is now. If you bought it yesterday at full price, and by some weird reason the next day it is 95% off and you have no receipt then how are they to klnow when you bought it and what your return should be??? Think about what you say before you slander a great store. I speak the truth about Bealls and stand by the company!!

MarieBlue Dec 11, 2011

Agreed- the return policy is BS. And no, Walmart does *not* have the same policy. Yes they give only store credit, but they give you the amount of the current price of the object. And deterring shoplifters is swell- so... what do people who receive gifts and want an exchange for something in the same price range? Nothing. I got an outfit as gift for my son. It was a pretty horrible color so I wanted to exchange it for something else (more expensive, I might add, totally fine with paying the difference). They said I could have $1 *store credit*. Yeah- no. I could sell it at a yard sale for $5, it's a $22 outfit. So now I have to tell the gift giver I think her gift was ugly and please give me the receipt, or sell it for $5 at my next yard sale (or e-bay). Ridiculous. Treating every person that comes through the door like a criminal is *NOT* how you treat customers. Pair that with the hideous clothing line with half the stuff in vomit-colors (my issue, pea-soup green :::shudder:::) or covered in glitter/sequins/beads, and it's no wonder that only old people shop there.

janik78 Jan 15, 2011

Attention everyone who feels that Bealls is bad, this statement is a falicy. I am a Bealls Inc. employee and have been with this company for quite sometime. The return policy is to deter shoplifters who will try to return objects that have been removed from the store without purchase. The same policy is in practically every retail store. The only time that a person needs to have the driver's license number is when doing an "in store credit". Walmart has the same policies as well. Half of profits from retail stores are lost to left. Of course any store would want to have the information of the thieves that are taking profits from the store. As for the female employees having to unload the trucks there is no reason for complaint. Bealls specifically states that unloading freight is a requirement of the position. If the employees are unable to meet the requirements then the employees should not work for this company. All of my coworkers are female and NONE of my coworkers have a problem doing the BASIC REQUIREMENTS Of tis job. If anyone has any questions about Bealls please send an email to [email protected]

• Na
    Naplesflshopper May 25, 2010

I totally agree. And the "return without reciept policy" has made me decide to NEVER shop Bealls again. I purchased a wallet for $15 returned it the next day --threw out the reciept because "store credit" would have been fine with me. I was told I would only get back $5 because they "applied every discount Bealls has" even though I saw it still selling for $15. This was of course after I gave all my personal info.I'm so glad in this economy Bealls is doing so well it can afford to lose customers.Oh, wait the Lehigh store is closing---so sad.

• La
    larry wife May 20, 2009

Bealls outlet return policy requiring recording your drivers license for all returns without a receipt sucks. I WAS SHOCKED, especially with identity theft rising.
    Plus they record your name, address, and telephone number.along with drivers license number. this gives the thieves all your info, who could work for the store.
    a horrible and unsafe policy.