The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Bank Of America Gold Option Loc — fixed to variable interest rate
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I opened up my BofA Gold Option Line of Credit back in Feb 08 to consolidate older lines of credit to a lower fixed rate to pay them off sooner. I was guaranteed that the line of credit would remain at a fixed interest rate for a set term of months and that was it. That was the only reason I opened the account.
In Nov 08, I called BofA and tried to negotiate a lower interest rate on the LOC, but was turned down. A few days later I receive a letter in the mail saying that "due to a periodic review of my account, it has been closed." My credit score is in the 740s, and I had never missed a payment on any of my debts! I can only assume it was because I called to negotiate for a better rate. I promptly closed my remaining accounts and moved my checking and savings over to a credit union.
Now it is Oct 09, and I have received a letter for BofA saying that my fixed interest rate will now be variable, tied to the prime rate. That is not the agreement I signed on for. I called to opt out of this outrageous change of terms, but was told that it was being done on ALL GoldOption lines of credit and nothing could be done about it. This seems to me to be a case of bait and switch. If I recall correctly, the new credit legislation going into effect soon affects fixed rate interest, but exempts variable rate interest. It appears BofA is changing their terms to circumvent legislation, and something needs to be done about it!
More Bank Of America Gold Option Loc Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service
- Bank of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account
- Bank of America - closed my account for no reason
- Bank of America - claims department
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers
- Bank of America - bad customer service
- Bank of America - dishonest refinance good faith estimate
- Bank of America Financial Center - credit card
- Bank Of America/fia Card Services - not honoring written agreement
- Countrywide Cleaners - Damaged clothing