The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Bank of America — escrow overpayment reimbursment
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I discovered Bank of America owed me $954.26, when I found the escrow check with tax return papers in January 2010. Dated 2/24/09, the check was void after 180 days, but my local BOA assured me that it would be reissued, when they completed their process.
The idiocy began 6 weeks ago with Inquiry #1. It first went through the wrong department of their own mortgage division. When the promised time expired we were subsequently told why.
Their process restarted with ReInquiry #2 and when said check did not arrive as promised the next inquiry revealed the check number submitted was incorrect. The number they noted as incorrect was the exact number on the original check in my hand. So they resubmitted it to the correct department, promising a new check in hand in one week. When Inquiry #3 failed to materialize a new check, it was explained the original check, void for 0ver 4 months, had to receive a stop payment order, before the new check could be processed. That initiated ReInquiry #4 with the promise of a personal phone call to me as soon as the check's status was known, as soon as the proper person could be found to verify the check's status, enroute or not. Whew!
That was 5 days ago. I shouldn't complain, as I could be the poor person waiting on the phone to call me.