Bank of Americaan imposter phone call

M

I received a call at my house in San Diego, California on February 29, 2016 at 1:49 p.m. from the phone number [protected], which is from somewhere in Florida. The person, a man, represented himself as an agent with the IRS and informed me that the IRS was taking legal action against us regarding our house, and I needed to respond to the recorded message immediately due to the seriousness of the actions being brought against us. I returned the call right away to get the details, and the man who answered said "officer Williams, IRS." I started telling him who I was and why I was calling, but he hung up on me. When I called back several times, only once was it answered, and the same person just said hello, then hung up right away. I haven't been able to reach anyone at that number since that call, and now when I call that number, the phone rings twice and then switches to a busy signal. The reason I'm telling you all of this is that my caller ID identified the original 1:49 p.m. call as having been made from a phone at Bank of America. I followed up the incident by calling BOA and they said there was no record of any action being taken against us as far as they knew. If it's possible to track down the person who made that call, that is what I would like to do. My home phone number is [protected], and my name is Morris Ritchie. Thank you for any assistance you are able to provide.

• Mi
    Minervafreeman123 Mar 16, 2016

For the past 6 weeks, I have been receiving calls from [protected] asking for a James Michael Suggs who has an acct with Bank of America. The caller ask "Is the James Michael Suggs. If yes press 1 if no press 2, etc" I advised with option 2 I was not the person. They have called three times a day, everyday including Sunday: early morning, noon and in the evening. I stopped by the Bank of America office and they advised me to talk with this dept. Please help me if you can. My email address: [email protected] My phone number is [protected]. Please response to me.
    Minerva D. Freeman

• Wine Is Good Jun 01, 2016

By putting your phone number and email on the internet, you just gave every potential scammer a way to continue to harass you. The easiest way to handle these people, is hang up on them.