Banfieldpoor services/all about the bottom line

B

I have been on the pet wellness program over the past 3 to 4 years. Recently my credit card # changed and they could not take out the 20.00 a month. They are always calling and put me in collections. Well I have never signed a contract, so don't know why I would be put into collections. Then I had to bring my dog in on an emergency due to my daughter accidenly spilling hot water on him. I call Banfield 1st letting them know what happened and informed them I am at work and could not get the dog in right away. I had ask what my children could do until I could get the dog in. The stated there is nothing they could do, there is no over the counter medication they could give him, I would have to bring him in to be seen. On that note I contacted my sister to please take the dog in. When she arrived they made her wait for 1 1/2 hours before being seen. They stated they would do nothing for the burn because it was not red, and just to keep an eye on him. But inform my sister that his ears are durty and has and ear infection, they wanted to do a test to see what kind of infection he had. She told them ok. They never mentioned that he is over due on his shots. The bill came to $125.00. My dog has not been having any problems with his ears!! I did not use the medication and brought my dog to a new Vet. They cleaned his ears and gave him all of the shots needed to bring him up to date. He had 2 shots, nails clipped, ears cleaned. I asked if he had an ear infection and they stated no just durty. I returned to Banfield very upset, stated I would like a refund on medication my dog did not need. They stated no I could not do that. I informed them I went to a new Vet. and he does not need it, no infection and how upset I am about this. And complained how they made my dog wait so long knowing that he was coming in on an emergency. And that I was not there for his ears but for a burn. When I stated to get very angry with the employee she stated in front of everyone that I was in collections.
I do not know what this has to do with the treatment of my dog, but was very upset that she seemed to want to inform everyone in the waiting room to this information. I feel they were just trying to make money and did not give a crap about my dog!! I have never seen the Vet. He has the dogs go in the back, he never comes out to talk. I will NEVER bring my pets to Banfield again.

• Banfield Pet Hospital Mar 11, 2011

We are very sorry to hear about your negative experience at a Banfield hospital. We strive to provide our clients and their Pets with high quality medicine and exceptional client experiences on every visit. To address your specific concern, and to help us improve our overall service, we would appreciate it if you would call us at [protected] to discuss what happened.