Bally's Total FitnessScam charges

A

I just signed a Bally's contract at 11:52am PT on 3/24/2009. What I thought I was signing was a waiver for possible injury in the club. The club manager, D.L. employee #*84 was the agent I signed with. I need to cancel this contract but I see now that Bally's has a reputation for unethical dealings. I would like to have some weight with me when I try to get my money back. Maybe if they know they are under investigation they will deal fairly with me. I have been unemployed since October 2008. I was depressed because I had not received any responses to my employment applications. So finally I received a call about an application I submitted. However I had to pass a physical ability test before being considered. I thought using gym equipment to condition my body would improve my ability on the test. I needed two things from a facility; it had to be close to home, and no contractual obligation.

I told Doug that I was unemployed and that I could not sign a contract at this time. I asked if I could just pay cash ahead of time every month. He told me that was ok. The club is close to my home. So I went in and was told I just needed to sign a waiver to protect Bally's from unnecessary law suits. What I read and signed was in fact a waiver affirming I would not hold Bally's and its agents at fault if I were injured in the club. I was then lead out of Doug's office to the lobby and he gave me an ID for the club and as I waited for Doug to give me my copy of the waiver it became apparent to me that he had forgot to give me my copy of the waiver. So I asked for it, he laughed and said oh yeah and came back with the contract that I now have. I did not think anything about the added pages because he was explaining to me while he gave me the papers that he was giving me the schedules of the club's itinerary.

I picked up the papers to start scheduling my workouts and noticed that I had been given what looks like a three year contract. Though my signature is not on the contract it had other information pertaining to me.