Menu
Home Beauty & Day Spas Backpage didn't receive credits using best buy gift card

Backpage  - didn't receive credits using best buy gift card

K
Author of the complaint
5:07 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been using backpage since 2012 with not much difficulties. They do keep switching payment options, though, & now it's become extremely difficult to purchase credits. I ran out of cc credits yesterday july 26, 2017 & tried to purchase credits with a $100.00 best buy gift card, to move my ad to the top every hour during normal business hours. The site took the gify card credits, but didn't fund my account! I have tried repeatedly (At least 4 times) to get them to respond through the contact link about this not funding my account. There have been no replies, no phone calls, nothing. I even called dallas headquarters & left a message as required. This is a great site when it's working properly. Bp drives in the customers & keeps us all busy. Without a way to put the ad to the top, there is very little business. Please, help me, someone!

Update by Kim Kelley
Aug 26, 2017 10:35 am

If you are having problems getting gift cards funded to your account-Enter the CORRECT amount of your gift card, minus the $5 preset amount both times the page changes. Each time you try to run the card, only $5 gets funded, because you didn't notice the preset amount of $5 in the amount box. So, each time you run the same card, you must subtract the $5 preset amount for each time you have tried to run the card.

Helpful? 0 0
7 comments
A
Mar 28, 2018 5:07 am

I used a walmart card today and it worked right away. Like they said, make sure you didnt run it for 5 bucks which is the preset amount.

N
Apr 01, 2018 5:07 am

hey can you explain how you did it

C
Mar 26, 2018 5:07 am

Now you guys & gals know this is a SCAM! you can't use a Best Buy card on nothing expect Best Buy~ don't listen to these crooks, they are taking your money.

T
Aug 07, 2017 5:07 am

I am having the exact same problem! Purchased the minimum amount ($50) Best Buy and its not working! Emailed support several times as well as called and left several messages. This is ridiculous!

H
Dec 06, 2017 5:07 am

Anyone figure out problem?
Having same problem in Toronto, Canada trying to fund account with Best Buy gift card but not having luck.
Any tips or advice ?
Thanks.

K
Jul 29, 2017 5:07 am

I habe used 2 Best buy, a Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, home depot, fandango & kohls gift cards. Kohls & home depot posted to the account 12+ hours later. (Entered GC info on 7-28. Didnt post until 7-29) in all, 235$ on gift cards. Unanswered emails. I just want to talk to a human being to get some understanding.

C
Jul 29, 2017 5:07 am

I have used a BestBuy gift card YESTERDAY AND a WALMART card today AND neither posted. i have contacted them 4 times as well...

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

129 complaints