Complaints & Reviews

Unauthorised amount taken from credit card fraudulently.

Their website clearly indicates the amount agreed to is $9.99. They then take $239.76!
Trying to contact the site results in the too bad so sad response of you should have read the terms and conditions.
As I only agreed to $9.99 and no more this is clearly a fraudulent transaction.
Another scam site just interested in ripping of and defrauding anyone who has the misfortune to deal with them.
The internet is littered with complaints about these thieves. Do not deal with them.
Con artists and scammers with no morals or integrity.

• Singles50's response · Jul 16, 2020

Dear Danii88, we're sorry to hear about your complaint. Please contact us at cs @ singles50 . com, put complaintsboard.com in the subject header so that we can investigate. On behalf of the be2 Customer service Team.

They take unauthorized credit card payments

Hi! I agreed to pay one single payment on the 1st of May. At 04/05/20 they collect £45, 14 (mean 49, 99 euro)
on 18/05/20 Singles take again £45, 91 (49, 99 euro)
on 22/06/20 again Singles take £46, 15 (49, 99 euro)
I need a refund because I not use and never will use these companies' ''service''. and I not agreed pay more than once !!!

• Singles50's response · Jul 14, 2020

Dear Hansss, we're sorry to hear about your complaint. Please contact us at cs @ singles50 . com, put complaintsboard.com in the subject header so that we can investigate. On behalf of the be2 Customer service Team.

Scam website

Deducted much more money from credit card than what's offered on email. When clicked Agreed to subscribe, credit card details were requested and proceeded credit amount (SGD250) without giving any information of subscription details & payment amount.

Impossible to contact site owner. No response to email. No other way to contact.

No way to cancel subscription. Cannot deactivate profile. Asked to print form & send form to postal address given for cancellatipn request. Clearly a scam.

• Updated by Dont Trust Single50 · Jun 20, 2020

Is this site for real? Saw cases reported against Singles50 indicated as Resolved?? How were they possible? How did Singles50 resolve the complaints reported here when they have no subscription ID & contact nos. given here ?

Unauthorised withdrawal from my bank account

I looked at this Website yesterday and very foolishly signed up with, as I thought, a $9.99 initial subscription. Horrified to find they had taken $236.79 from my Bank Account without my authorisation, putting me in the red I must add.

I contacted them and received no reply and went straight onto notify my Bank. I have tried, unsuccessfully to deactivate my account despite following the prompts to do so.

So unimpressed with this Organisation and disgusted with their lack of contact thus far and sheer greed!

A singles dating site ostensibly ‘elite’.

The company have threatened me with legal action if I do not pay a subscription which I did not agree to. In their email they include the details of the agreement which apparently I agreed to as a Premium member - something I would never do, as the cost is prohibitive.

Their business format is such that the legal details are cleverly and deceitfully buried beneath a plethora of visuals and hooks, and unwitting consumers agree to a month's trial, unaware that it is almost impossible to cancel once one is automatically registered as a Premium member.

Surely, it must be illegal to make it practically impossible to cancel one's account.

In addition, the site itself does not do what is advertised. The majority of ‘matches' are merely pictures of models, not real people. Although this is indicated, it does show that the site is not fit for purpose, and misleads consumers.

I really believe that, having read others' similar experiences, this site is a scam and needs to be investigated.

Daylight robbery

I am from South Africa, joined my "freeby" from Singles50. I am now being charged R999 monthly, for the last 3 months... I did not agree to anything. The worst is that i've tried to cancel my subscription, and can not find out where and how. PLSE... if anybody can help. [protected]@mail.com. Password: Duinegeur+4.
I will not go into the false profiles, to think that MY pic's could be stolen and used on other sites. SHOCKING!!!

False billing scammed by singles50

Please do not sign up on this dating website.
1) First, when you signed up, they sell you on plans with a weekly plan fee.
2) After one day, I found the site to be filled with a lot of fake profiles and scammers. This is because Singles50 do not have the capability to filter fake people.
3) I quickly wrote to Singles50 to cancel and request a refund citing the above problem they said there is NO refund.
4) I have wasted my money on a site that are filled with nothing but fake people.
5) Singles50 really do mot care about customer satisfaction.

I have a terrible experience and feel cheated by Singles50 themselves.

Unethical scammers behaviour

I have received an email response (see below) It seems to add complaintsboard.com to subject line gets a...

Unethical behaviour

Wished I had read the reviews here first!
A total nightmare to unsubscribe, they make it as difficult as possible.

Very childish response from an automated email reply "you will go to the back of the queue if you email more than once and this will result in a delay" Seems they ignore you anyway.

Like most, I just want to unsubscribe, any reputable site always has a hassle-free unsubscribe system only scammers make it hard.

The click here to cancel your membership has no ability to click. The information box tells me to fax my request. Tactics designed to stall and make it as hard as possible.

Glad for those that got money back but they will be a drop in the ocean compared to the number of people ripped off.

• Updated by 4ladybirds · Mar 13, 2020

It seems I am now in the queue of people being ignored by singles 50 to have membership canceled.

Reading theses complaints all with a similar theme I have now emailed Customerservicessingles50 with "complaintsboard.com" in the subject line, as per the "resolved" complaints on here.

Who gets to mark the complaint as resolved? I am hoping not singles50? as again that would be unethical. It would be great to hear from the people of these resolved cases to see if things were resolved.

I cannot stress enough what an unethical company this is, ITS A SCAM run by SCAMMERS.

UNRELENTING SCAMMERS
    Do check all accounts you tried to set up payment with this unscrupulous company. When I originally signed up my first card didn't appear to work so I used a second card. It seems this is also a sneaky tactict.

Although payment had already been taken from the account linked to my second card payment, singles50 has been trying to be taken from the card that appeared not to work.

Fortunately my super bank was onto it and blocked it a fraud! this has made me contact them and find out what has happened.

A total scam of a service once you are signed up. The only contact I had on the site was from a model looking person who quickly wanted to chat to me via Whatapp. Luckily I had just seen a programme about how scammers quickly try to isolate you using chat groups such as hangout or whatapp. When I declined needless to say I never heard back, except from another model looking person who happened to be of the same background...

This site is nothing more than a scam KEEP AWAY!

• Updated by 4ladybirds · Mar 13, 2020

I have also registered my complaint with my countries Government Commerce Commission the more people complain the better the picture they can see of these scammer's operations.
    Some details you may need to help your complaint

Operator of the Singles50 website is:

LU 21536271

Commercial Register Number:
    B 123206, Commercial Register Luxembourg

Dating site

This company is a scam. They told me it would be $6 a month. They then charged my credit card over ten times the amount and then doubled that 30 days later. I have reported them. They are committing fraud! They also refused to cancel my subscription so they could keep billing me . If you have given this company your credit card details, cancel your card immediately, and let your bank know you have been defrauded. Singles50 keep ignoring my emails to cancel my subscription and started charged my credit card massive without my approval, even when I had canceled my subscription and never approved anything over $6. I was scammed.

Cancel my subscription

I have sent so many emails to cancel the subscription with out any chance of doing so as its just a fraudulent site .All they are after is taking money from my credit card without my permission I have sent at least 10emails without out any progress this singles 50site extracts money from the most vulnerable they should be closed down as they are deceptive and fraudulent we need someone to help us all as we seem to get nowhere my gmail is

[protected]@gmail.com
My pass word is spontaneous 1
Thanking you for listening Stephen Simmons

Resolved Singles50

good day

(requesting a REFUND)

an amount of R995 was taken from my account on the 29 February which i did not give permission for. i initially did an EFT for the R199 in November and was under the impression i would have the option of doing it on a monthly basis. i therefore want a refund for the amount of R995 and to cancel the subscription
HOPING MY MATTER WILL BE DEALT WITH AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

regards
esther van driel
[protected]

• Singles50's response · Mar 02, 2020

Dear Esther,

First of all, we'd like to apologise for any inconvenience related to the usage of our services. Please do contact us directly at cs @ singles50 . com, where we'll be happy to help you. So that we can settle the matter as soon as possible, please send the email from your registered email address with us and add ''complaintsboard.com'' into the Subject header of your message.

Resolved Singles50, unauthorised credit card billing

My name is E.G. Askes, my username - Bert, password - Gerard61, email - [protected]@xsinet.co.za - I was not informed that I would be charged R995.00 (South African Rand) by 'Singles50' for "Free Registration" on Dec 22nd 2019 which I did not authorise, I want to cancel/delete/destroy any connection to this con scheme. I would like my credit card refunded with the R995.00.

• Singles50's response · Mar 02, 2020

Hi E.G.,

We're very sorry to hear about your issues.

Please contact us directly at cs @ singles50 . com from your registered email address and add ''complaintsboard.com'' into the Subject header,

thank you.

Resolved Misleading subscription fee

Dear Singles50 Management team,

This is to notify you that on February 14th I´ve subscribed for a 24 weeks signature on Singles50, but the amount billed to my credit card was not the one I agreed with.
I agreed to be charged on AUD9.99 as an introductory offer for 24 weeks (not AUD 9.99 per week or months).
Instead my credit card was deducted for AUD 239.79.I would have never agreed with that fee.

I request cancellation of the this subscription and refund of remaining balance for 21weeks (one week that I was member and 14 days notice) .

Looking forward for a fast resolution.

• Singles50's response · Feb 26, 2020

Dear Michaela,

We're sorry to hear about your issues. Please contact us directly at cs @ singles50 . com where we'll be happy to help you. In order to respond to your email as quickly as possible please send it from your registered email address with us and add ''complaintsboard.com'' into the Subject header of the email.

Resolved Singles50

$240 was taken out of my bank account. I was not offered the 3 monthly membership. It said $19 a month and I thought I would be paying monthly until I decided to end my membership. I see now that you only offer 3, 6 & 12 monthly membership l. I didn't get a choice. I wasn't expecting this amount of money to come out of my account and it has now left me short to do my basic shopping. I would like a refund of 9 months

• Singles50's response · Feb 26, 2020

Dear Vanessa,

We're sorry to hear about your issues.

Resolved Deceiving premium plan price

First I downloaded the app for 40 Love this then changed to Singles50 when I logged in. I purchased what appeared to be 4 weeks for $19.99. I was then charged $79.96. I have emailed the site and they have stated a refund is not possible and to send a cancellation letter which I will do. I cannot locate an online cancellation form stated so I have sent a letter with the details required. We will see if this is the end of it or if they will charge again like they have with some of the other people complaining.

• Singles50's response · Feb 21, 2020

Dear Daleta,

We're sorry to hear about your issues. Please contact us directly at cs @ singles50 . com from your registered email address and add ''complaintsboard.com'' into the Subject header.

On behalf of the Singles50 Customer service Team

Resolved No real customer dervices email address

Every email address Singles 50 provide is not real!

I have emailed them all and continually get it sent back saying "address not found"

Whole site is a scam!!! Stay away...

It clearly states in terms and conditions that if you are not satisfied with the site you cancel the automatic direct debit. I quickly discovered that the site is a scam and when I attempt to
Access my settings to cancel the subscription it does not allow access. It also does not allow me to delete my profile. This is against data protection rules.

• Updated by Aine Tiernan · Feb 19, 2020

Have tried to make contact with Singles50 numerous times. Offer I signed up for did NOT give an option of 3, 6, 12 months - it was clearly a 1 month trial if NOT cancelled.

They are now trying to say I owe then money.

I emailed the customer services to cancel.

They are now threatening legal action.

It is impossible to contact them, their site is not what it claims to be.

• Updated by Aine Tiernan · Feb 19, 2020

I meant customer services :)

• Singles50's response · Feb 19, 2020

Dear Aine,

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience related to our services - please do contact us directly at cs @ singles50 . com where we'll be happy to help you. In order to respond to your email as quickly as possible please send it from your registered email address with us and add ''complaintsboard.com'' into the Subject header of the email.

• Updated by Aine Tiernan · Feb 19, 2020

Thank you for the response.

I hope that email address is real!

The email address advertised is:

[email protected]

... which obviously is NOT a valid address as I have tried to email numerous times.

I have written a letter and tried the fax number.

Having read SO many complaints I now realise the website is a scam, which I should have realised as many if the photos were not real.

The website breaks many rules.

It is impossible to deactivate or delete the account, never mind cancel the subscription. I only signed up for a 1 month trail - a special offer, which said I could cancel after 1 month...I thought I had but am now receiving emails looking for payment! It's a joke.

See attached for ways to cancel, which do not work!

Comments

• Singles50's response · Feb 24, 2020

Hello again, Aine.

Please be assured that the email address ''[email protected]'', which is the contact email on the Customer service of our Irish website, is fully working - the more we're are sorry to hear that you are having issues contacting it. If you've not done so yet, please do contact us at the email address cs @ singles50 . com, mentioned in our Response dated 19.02.2020.

The cancellation methods, that are part of our GTC, are successfuly working as well (please kindly note that the screenshot posted is of the Withdrawal process, not the Cancellation methods), as well as are both the deactivation and deletion process, and that we are available to you with any questions or uncertainties related to these methods and processes - please don't hesitate to contact us anytime that suits you!

With a wish of a pleasant day,

Your Singles50 Team

Resolved Membership

I took out a membership for a month which was R 49, however they debited my card with R 49.00 per week = R 196.00. This is completely unacceptable.
I would never have taken out a membership if that was the price. I have since asked them to cancel my membership. They have cancelled it but it will only come into affect from March-20.
They then say that the profile can not be deleted.
I will never go onto a date site again after my bad experience.

• Singles50's response · Feb 06, 2020

Dear Joy,

We're sorry to hear about your issues.

Thank you and wish you a pleasant day.

Resolved Mislead information about payment - need refund

Dear Sirs, This is to notify you that on Januray 17th I´ve subscribed for a 6 month signature on Singles50...

Resolved Automatic extension of premium membership

Option for Premium Membership for x1 Month only.
The company has now debited my account for an automatic renewal.
There is no options on the website or app for easy cancellation.
This is not acceptable. Upon reading other complaints and comments there does not seem to be a fix.
Seems like this company is only out to obtain your card details in order to activate automatic payment collections.

RESOLVED

• Singles50's response · Jan 30, 2020

Dear Thea,

We're sorry to hear about your complaint. Please contact us directly at cs @ singles50 . com from your registered email address and add ''complaintsboard.com'' into the Subject header.