Azuma LeasingF'ing scam!

M

Azuma is a F'ing scam! DO NOT USE THEM!!! BUY USED TRUST ME YOU'LL SAVE A LOT MORE MONEY. delivery is free but pickup will cost you $40 and late charges multiply by the day. so if your a week late there's a $7 fee, now if you are a week late with the power bill it's like $3 but that's the same if it's one week or two or three. And if you are running behind they'll autodraft your account and if it's declined they hit you with a nsf charge. This is not a good company I implore you not to use this service.

• Mi
    Michael Clark Nov 06, 2007

I agree strongly.

Won't pickup when you ask them too. Took them 14 days to come get my equipment then they said there was none there, a complete lie, and then they keep right on charging. SUPER HORRIBLE. Can't reach them on the phone.

• Au
    autoprt Dec 08, 2007

My advice is if you know you are going to have the machines removed and you are letting them bill your credit card contact your bank and tell them your card got eaten in the ATM. Make sure you do this after you have paid all your bills and have another card you can use in the meantime until you get a new card.

From that point on only pay them with electronic check. This way they can't hit your card anymore because the number is canceled. Do not give them your new card number just tell them you are using checks from now on.

• Ro
    royal Jul 15, 2008

To whom it may concern i have read all the articles on azuma leasing on are about june a best freind of my called and ask if i could pay his bill at this company named azuma leasing i said no problem paid the bill told them my name and also who i was payin the account for got the conformation number called my friend back and told him everthing was cool well on 7-10-08 recieved a letter from my bank that a charge was on my visa card for 32.77 so i called then i got on the computer to see what this was because the charge was actully from a texas number [protected] the customer service people gave me the run around the girl i spoke with name was melissa her ### was so rude she told me that they could not take my credit card of of my friends file and iam like i cant believe this ### they did not do annthing to assist with the charges and it made my account go into my overdreaft protection money which made the balancr total 55.77 and i will be filing some type of charges against this ### hole of a company like others has said its the principal behind this and i hope that this does not happen to anyone else

Azuma is a rip off Feb 01, 2009

I knew I should have avoided them when I had problems from the start. I signed up on the website since the first month was free, but after they run your credit, charge taxes and additional fees, I still owed $15 and some change for the first month! Then THEY cancelled my delivery saying the driver did not show up and they had no one else. Then when my delivery finally came, they driver didn't speak english, nicked my walls, tracked mud into my apartment, broke the door and when I called, I got the run around about they'll have to send the driver back out to take pictures before they can do anything, even though I had already taken pictures. They offered me $25 for everything! Then 4 days later when the dryer stops working, they charged me $40 SERVICE FEE (even though the website claims free service). Of course no one told me they would charge a fee and I didn't know till I got my bill. When I called, some lady named Julie told me it was a fee since the dryer was clogged with lint (not the lint trap, inside the dryer) and then Julie tried to tell me the service fee is because it was my fault and when I explained I only used the dryer once and only had it for 4 days, that it was not my fault, she said "Oh, well, we'll remove the service fee this one time" like they were doing me a favor. But she said to pay the whole bill (2nd month fee, $40 service fee, $15 from the first month which was suppose to be fee) to avoid late fees, even though no of it was my fault. Complete rip off!!! I hate Azuma.

AZUMA Leasing Feb 18, 2009

AZUMA Leasing also has an option to rent what we call “Premium Equipment”. If the renter qualifies they can opt to lease appliances that are guaranteed to be less than 1 year old! Regardless of whether the customer wants a premium rental or a standard rental, AZUMA Leasing takes care of maintenance and service of all of our appliances.

AZUMA Leasing Feb 18, 2009

AZUMA Leasing’s company promise is to provide excellent customer service and part of this is making our scheduled appointments. We realize that our customers are on time constraints and we do our absolute best to be on time to each and every appointment every day, nationwide. Every once in a great while, unforeseen circumstances present themselves to where AZUMA Leasing must adjust its schedule and potentially miss an appointment. We keep communication open with our customers if such an event were to occur and will always offer to accommodate future scheduling should we not fulfill our company promise.

AZUMA Leasing Feb 18, 2009

Here at AZUMA Leasing we put customer’s first and pride ourselves on providing only the highest level of customer service. AZUMA Leasing does not run it’s customers’ credit cards without their permission. Each customer has a due date that never changes. We understand that from time-to-time things happen that may delay a payment. If a payment is not received on or before it’s due date we even grant a grace period before taking any collections action and/or exercising our credit policy. AZUMA Leasing will even refund any money taken in such a way if an alternative form of payment for the past due balance is provided by the customer.

• Br
    bringafajita Mar 09, 2009

AZUMA is total crap. They keep giving me the run around on when they can come pick up my equipment, obviously trying to stretch it into another month's payment. They are also trying to charge me a pickup fee that was never agreed upon.
    This company is a total scam, and I would not recommend them to my worst enemy.

• azume DOES run people's account without their permission. They just ran mine Friday (three days ago) without my permission, and when I called they refused to refund the charges. I even offered an alternative form of payment. They said it was possible to reverse the charges, but it isn't their policy to do so.
    Don't rent from them. And if you already have, make sure they don't have your credit card on file when you return the equipment.

• Ta
    tarajan Jun 22, 2009

AZUMA LEASING IS CRAP!!! On Friday, instead of the inside of the rented washer filling up with water, it filled my apartment up! Tons of water damage! My apt. manager thought it was the plumming so he had the pipes snaked. Come to find all the water in the apartment came from a B/O washer. I call Azuma and was told they could have someone out at my apartment by MONDAY.
    With water EVERYWHERE, furniture all moved into the one and only dry room, and huge fans set up to dry the carpet, I am sitting home from work today...(MONDAY). I was contacted by AZUMA who stated, "We never gauranteed we could have someone out to you by Monday morning." EFFING B.S.!!! Great Customer Service AZUMA! I will just sit in a flooded apartment and wait for you to "Squeeze" me in!!

AZUMA Leasing Jun 26, 2009

AZUMA Leasing’s company promise is to provide excellent customer service and part of this is making our all scheduled appointments, urgent service or standard delivery. We realize that our customers are on time constraints and we do our absolute best to be on time to each and every appointment every day, nationwide, especially when there is an urgent service request like in the situation this customer has described. In this case, we were able to get out to the residence on Monday, 06/22/2009, to assess any damage and exchange out the equipment, after receiving a phone call the prior Saturday, 06/20/2009 at 7:56 pm.

We greatly appreciate this customer’s business and we welcome them to contact us directly should they require any further assistance.

Sincerely,

Group Manager
    [protected] ext 342

• Tj
    tjhad Jun 27, 2009

This is true, Azuma was able to send someone out to our flooded location. Our flood however did occur on FRIDAY and not Saturday, as stated by Azuma. And, it did take my roommate and I 4 hours and many phone calls later. Now, I have and will continue to contact Azuma regarding this issue. I also do plan on posting the details of how we are being serviced. I would hope that no other customer would have to go through the hassel we did. Now, if we were an oversight on Azuma's Customer Service... then I would expect to have no more problems in getting our issue resolved. I will keep all potential customers posted.
    I will state again that Azuma was able to "squeeze" us in on Monday...

mrs irate Oct 03, 2009

i recently rented from azuma. The process seemed ok until they showed up. The 2-man crew looked like criminals out of drug rehab. The washer and dryer were newer, but they were covered with a lot of very dirty dust. Then i saw the inside of the washer and was getting sick. The washer had a huge amount of very black ### lumps all over the whole top of the drum, where you have to reach in and clean it out under the top edge. the agitator had some yellow food on it and a piece of macaroni inside the bottom ...
    the guy claimed they were brand new. He must have been a real idiot because, as I told him, then why would it have so much dirt and even food in it?
    then after they took it in (they already had the dryer in), he produced a wet rag from god knows where and started wiping it aff. What was on this rag? in my bathroom? i do not know.
    They took my check, but gave me no receipt. I had to sign the contract, but they didn't sign anything. They gave me a blank copy instead.
    After they left, i was so afraid to touch this filthy thing in my bathroom, where things should be very sanitary. I did not touch it for a week, then i had to go over it completely with bleach water. I still have not used it because i am afraid to. I will soon though, as i think whatever germs or parasites that may have been on it have died by now.
    Then the other day when cleaning, i ran a load of just warm water and bleach, to clean the drum.
    I discovered that the washer makes an EXTREME amount of noise and vibration, and i was really scared my neighbor next door would complain. SO, i have now had to go buy a 16.00 rubberized thick gel mat to put under it. I will have to tip the washer all by myself to do this, and i am not very strong. i am older too. I hope i will be able to use this washer soon, and very upset about the experience so far. I haven't been able to use it yet, they are wasting my money after putting me through an emotional / cardiac hell of feeling like my home, my bathroom, is contaminated with God knows what. But there was no other washers available to me, I don't think. I am sure that anyone renting out washers, is supposed to sanitize them between customers before delivering them. If not, then they will have to by the time i get through with them. so help me God. because they are a public health threat, this is our intimate apparel we are washing in these contaminated things..

I fully intend to be reporting any and all problems to the Secretary of State's office on their complaint page. I advise everyone else to do this in their states too. Some cities or counties may have their own ordinances about being licensed to do business in their jurisdictions as well. We should do our best to either make Azuma straighten up or put them out of business.

AZUMA Leasing Oct 06, 2009

To Whom It May Concern:

Thank you for the recent posting. We appreciate the opportunity your notification has provided us to assist you with the above referenced issues. I apologize for the general nature of our responses and welcome the opportunity for you to call us directly, so we can look up your account and go over a resolution in more detail. Here at AZUMA Leasing we put customer’s first and pride ourselves on providing only the highest level of customer service. We apologize for your lack of satisfaction with our service. All of the appliances that we deliver here at AZUMA Leasing are in clean, working condition. Should an appliance have any sort of malfunction then service on the machine is 100% covered by AZUMA so long as it is not due to user error or abuse of the appliance by the customer. Normal wear and tear of the appliances is never the responsibility of the customer. I welcome the opportunity to go over your account in detail and personally assist with any issues or concerns.

We greatly appreciate this customer’s business and I welcome them to contact me directly at [protected] ext 342, so I may specifically address these concerns regarding their account.

Sincerely,

Group Manager
    800/707-1188 ext 342

mrs irate Oct 06, 2009

To Azuma: you obviously don't understand that claiming your washers are all clean, in the face of these complaints about it, shows even more how unethical and untrustworthy and untruthful you are.

• Un
    Unhappily Screwed Over Jan 27, 2010

Azuma is, by far, the absolute worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. Not only have they done nothing but spam my email inbox, they willingly participate in creditor harassment, their employees are idiots who can't even look one thing up on their computer, they treat me and my mother poorly, and add charges day by day.

This must be illegal. I know that at least two of the things they continue to do, no matter how many requests that they stop, are illegal. I'm considering hiring a lawyer, because they've demanded and threatened for so much money that they cause serious harm - financially and emotionally. Their threats and coersion methods cannot go unpunished. I have already contacted the BBB and will continue to report them for various things until something is done about this.

I wish I could say I was surprised to find that I'm the only one who has had to deal with their rather shady business, but I can't say I'm surprised at all. They seem very dishonest, unethical, and downright shady. I would rather take my chances on buying a brand new washer and dryer and skip their bull crap.

• Un
    Unhappily Screwed Over Jan 27, 2010

To Azuma: Cut the crap. No one on this board believes anything you say to save face. Obviously, we all hate your company enough to make these complaints, so don't bother lying to us. No one on this board would hate your company enough to make these complaints out of nothing. There's obviously something very wrong with your company, and you need to admit it.

AZUMA Leasing Feb 03, 2010

Thank you for the recent posting. My name is Janet and I am a Senior Manager with Azuma Leasing and I would like to personally speak with you about these issues in attempt to resolve the situation. I or any member of our management team would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and obtain more information. Please feel free to contact me directly at [protected] or through our main line at [protected], so we can review your account in detail and work together regarding the above referenced issues. We look forward to working with you to resolve this issue.

• Ho
    hoosiergurl927 Mar 01, 2010

Thank you everyone for posting your complaints. We recently got our first apartment and our property manager referred us to this company but after reading all of these complaints it is obvious this company is disgraceful. I wouldn't have even come across this page if I hadn't been trouble accessing their website. Thank God for internet errors. I will remember what all of you have said and if anyone asks me about it I will tell them what I have heard. Thank you for saving me the hassle of dealing with this company.

AZUMA Leasing Mar 08, 2010

Dear hoosiergurl927,

Thank you for the recent posting. My name is Janet Richardson and I am the Senior Customer Relations Manager with Azuma Leasing and I would like to personally speak with you about these complaints you have read regarding our company. I or any member of our management team would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and provide additional information. Please feel free to contact me directly at [protected] or through our main line at [protected], if you have any direct questions, comments or concerns you would like addressed.

There is a another consumer-based website called Merchant Circle that encourages customers to post any customer experience they have had, complaint or compliment. Please view this link to see what our customers are saying:

• Wo
    Won't be Phucked Mar 08, 2010

My wife and I had thought about a W/D from A.ZUMA until I to came across this page. and based from ALL of the posts. This means your generic posts as well AZUMA. Such as this one...

"Thank you for the recent posting. My name is Janet and I am a Senior Manager with Azuma Leasing and I would like to personally speak with you about these issues in attempt to resolve the situation. I or any member of our management team would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and obtain more information. Please feel free to contact me directly at [protected] or through our main line at [protected], so we can review your account in detail and work together regarding the above referenced issues. We look forward to working with you to resolve this issue"

I have not yet done anything other than request info so far. And WILL be telling AZUMA where they can stick it when they do call. And so help me if this is a scam to get personal info... I WILL be showing up at many of your locations. PS.. Its a free service I offer just for you AZUMA... some restrictions apply, lube not included.

• Te
    TedSe7en Apr 30, 2010

We were so surprised too with that bad marketing attitude! First month is free, butwhen you terminate your contract you have to pay the equivalent of the first month you get for free! Will NEVER recommend that company. This is how you get rewarded when you lease for 18 months ( total is $648 + charge for pickup) and never being late once! WilQuip was more honest for this matter, unfortunately they don't do fridge anymore. Now I bought one, go to hell Azuma!

AZUMA Leasing May 14, 2010

TedSe7en-

Thank you for your recent posting. We do appreciate you as a long time customer; I apologize for any misunderstanding of the terms and conditions of the lease agreement. I welcome the opportunity to discuss our first month free promotion with you in detail, as well as review any charges outlined in your lease agreement. Please feel free to contact me directly at [protected]. I look forward to working with you to resolve this issue.

Kindest Regards,

Senior Customer Relations Manager
    800/707-1188 ext 342

azumaisterrible Jun 21, 2010

AZUMA is the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life. Today I was waiting in my apartment, in which I no longer live, for them to come pick up my machines as my lease is ending and I just moved to a place that has a washer/dryer already. The pick up window was between 8am and 2pm. So, after waiting in the place from 8am to 9:30am, I get a call saying "we have bad news, we can't pick up the machines today". WHAT? I scheduled this pick up 4 weeks ago. I confirmed it late last week. There was no, sorry for the inconvenience, no offer to waive the pick up fee, etc. DO NOT RENT FROM THESE PEOPLE. They don't care about their customers, they are disorganized, and they charge too much for the crappy machines you get.

I am lucky that my apartment lease is not up until next week - what if it had been up today? This is an unreliable company. Save yourself the stress.

• Si
    sid.brown.18 May 21, 2012

This service is absolutely abysmal. Don't use it - especially if you live in San Antonio. They only have 1 day per week that they're available to San Antonio so good luck trying to get a repair when you need it. Of course this is never communicated when you lease from them. Also beware of the inane hidden fees - you know like a "cleaning fee" because they appliances need to be wiped down (even though you can't move them). Then there's the good 'ol pick-up fee of ~38.00. I've sent an e-mail to "customer service" and no one reads it, designated to go to a "manager." I was asked to leave a voice mail for "special elite managers" during the business day when I asked the "customer service" person to transfer me to a "manager" who apparently was on another call. The Azuma saga continues. I was a long time customer but now it's not worth my time. My final pick-up is scheduled for June 1. I'm sure they'll pour on the fees. Good riddance. NEVER, NEVER use this service. EVER.

mrs irate May 21, 2012

there may be a law against them charging a fee which they never disclosed ahead of time. This co. has also made threats of charging other fines that were never disclosed in the contract etc which is possibly an illegal extortion tactic since they can take it from your payment method. . if they try to charge or collect an illegally charged fee then you may have protections by your state law, also ucc federal laws, and you may be entitled to a punitive award if it is set forth in law like some laws say $1000 for this or that offense etc.
    Also be sure to go online to take off any authorized payment methods, and dispute their cleaning fee as unauthorized charges, thru your credit card/ bank.
    my thoughts anyway.

• La
    LaTausha J Jun 22, 2014

Azuma sells old machines. I have been leasing with them for 10 years and asked for a buyout quote and they tell me $300! I have a W/D and a fridge. Their appliances ain't worth $300! I've been a loyal customer and I can't even get a break! I've paid that $300 10 times over...they should be glad I wanna buy these old machines!

LaTausha J.

• Wy
    wylekat Feb 04, 2015

Azuma has decided to tell us that we havent paid anythingt to them. I am sure bank of America would disagree- we have 3 months of electronic checks made out to them. They have lost EVERY. SINGLE. PAYMENT. I have sent an email with the proof of statements. My wife has sent proof of statements- and every damn month, they LOSE the payment! They want to charge extra, too. We're done with it. They try to charge us, and accuse us of not paying. I will be going to the bank tomorrow and we will have a talk about where the money as been going, and seeing how to trace the payments. I will then talk to the bank about legal action, fraud, etc.